BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

4 minutes ago, 1874 said:

Duncan Ferguson odds cut to around 5/1 still under the radar

A couple of people putting small bets on him will improve his odds.

The odds at the bookies mean nothing until you see someone going strong odds on favourite

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

wrong there, he said the majority of staff will stay, but what is he including that statement like scouting, recruitment and data analysis aswell?

You are asking me rather than telling me, so you are not really that confident. If a prospective (decent) head coach is not allowed to bring in his own key back room staff, ie assistant and first team coach, he is less likely to take the job.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Unless I've got it wrong, it generally seems farily standard procedure that a manager works with his own people. And when they go to another club, they take them with them.

I'd also suggest that Benson, Lowe and Venus are actually part of the problem, rather than the solution. So new faces/voices seems like the best way forward.

Seems Venus is definitely going.

The gist of the telegraph article earlier suggests a new manager won't be forced to keep the staff on.

If Lowe and Benson are still under contract it makes little sense to terminate their contracts until a new man is in place.

Whoever the new man is may want someone familiar with the club in recent times to be part of his team

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, islander200 said:

A couple of people putting small bets on him will improve his odds.

The odds at the bookies mean nothing until you see someone going strong odds on favourite

It's not so much  the odds just that i've not seen him linked anywhere

9 minutes ago, 1874 said:

It's not so much  the odds just that i've not seen him linked anywhere

Iv seen a few people on FB and Twitter saying he applied for it, wouldnt take many throwing a few quid on him on the back of those posts to see him move up in the betting

38 minutes ago, 1874 said:

Duncan Ferguson odds cut to around 5/1 still under the radar

Don't be surprised.

I think you'll find he's being pushed by someone close to Rovers.

3 hours ago, JBiz said:

I can’t remember you waxing lyrical about Kamiski’s distribution at Copenhagen? 

Whilst you’re welcome to this view, to me it simply sounds like an opinion created to enforce another. 

The caveat of Raya getting worse is utterly laughable since he’s essentially now an established premier league player with an international cap.

I have no idea how good he was at Gent. I can only talk about how I've observed the significant decline in the quality of his distribution between his debut and now.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sounds like we have been talking to different candidates for the job according to the website that Pete O'Rourke and Wayne Veysey work for have posted this today

A recruitment source has told Football Insider that Rovers are speaking to several candidates for the director of football role and hope to attract a highly-regarded operator and talent spotter to work alongside a new manager.

Blackburn eye director of football as manager hunt continues - Sources (footballinsider247.com)

“Highly regarded operator and talent scout”. Simon Cowell it is then?  

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

Let's not have an argument over it but simply wait and see.  If I'm wrong I will hold my hand up.

Lets just concentrate on 2022:

You didn't hold your hands up on your claim that both Diaz and Kaminski sold in January.

You didn't hold your hands up with Alex Neill.

You didn't hold your hands up on Mowbray to WBA 90%.

You claimed Carlos Carvalhal was being shown around the training ground, on the same day Gareth Southgate, sky Tv and UK press descended on the academy.

But yes I agree, lets not argue, lets see what pans out.......

Edited by Gav
  • Like 5

The bottom line, is the board will get who Venkys say,.

We've been here so many times before, they have to give off the vibe they have an existence and if anything they waste most peoples time.

Remember those at ewood cant sign off the cost of a cheap 3rd hand car.

I do wonder why the media give them airtime, its comical to say the least

• Like 8

• Backroom
3 hours ago, Mercer said:

Let's not have an argument over it but simply wait and see.  If I'm wrong I will hold my hand up.

That's interesting because you never have before. You usually quote from the Alan Nixon Big Book of Excuses.

Don't get me wrong, I like seeing the info either way 🤷

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, Gav said:

Lets just concentrate on 2022:

You didn't hold your hands up on your claim that both Diaz and Kaminski sold in January.

You didn't hold your hands up with Alex Neill.

You didn't hold your hands up on Mowbray to WBA 90%.

You claimed Carlos Carvalhal was being shown around the training ground, on the same day Gareth Southgate, sky Tv and UK press descended on the academy.

But yes I agree, lets not argue, lets see what pans out.......

In fairness to Mercer, there is 9-10 leaks out of the club, most on a whim as they can have an audience with the pope, but it dont change the hierarchy and process.

There has only ever been one decision maker bar when Bergs contract cost the Raos £2 million when directors went rogue. That wont happen again, and dispels the myth they are victims. They have their circle which does not include ewood. Sometimes things will align but i do doubt they will align this time.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Ssshhh......don't spoil any of Glen's conspiracy theories with facts.

Evening Rev, how is operation "QEGS save Blackburn Rovers going"?

My sources tell me Will Greenwood was seen leaving the academy earlier today having been interviewed and offered the job?

oh sorry I almost forgot..........blacked out windows and swigging a bottle of Chassagne Montrachet Domaine Perrault.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Gav said:

Evening Rev, how is operation "QEGS save Blackburn Rovers going"?

My sources tell me Will Greenwood was seen leaving the academy earlier today having been interviewed and offered the job?

oh sorry I almost forgot..........blacked out windows and swigging a bottle of Chassagne Montrachet Domaine Perrault.

Not biting......

I'm not really the right person to ask........your question would be better directed towards one of the concerned fans who have held discussions with the Club.

If you were to ask me my personal opinion, I'd say not as well or quickly as hoped.

(Edit: But then I'm an impatient bugger where all things  Rovers are concerned and would prefer not to go on five year "journeys" leading back to exactly where we started like the one we've been on with your mate Mowbray.)

No idea what your final paragraph is about, as far as I'm aware no-one from what you sarcastically describe as "the QEGS group" has made any claims regarding the new manager whatsoever.

Edited by RevidgeBlue