BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

10 minutes ago, alderson777 said:

Fully expecting Gareth Ainsworth to put his name forward for the reckoning in the next couple of days.

He has said post match that he staying at Wycombe. 

Plus is he really a head coach type?

Aren't we interviewing candidates starting this weekend?

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

To be fair Chaddy I’m not sure he’s someone we will go for but in terms of him saying he wants to stay at Wycombe I wouldn’t read anything into that, if we did decide we wanted to appoint him then he’d jump at the chance. He’s happy at Wycombe but do you honestly think he’d turn down a move here if we wanted him? Of course he wouldn’t. There’s zero chance that we’ll get Farke in my opinion so I’m hoping we give Carvalhal the job. 

50 minutes ago, alderson777 said:

Fully expecting Gareth Ainsworth to put his name forward for the reckoning in the next couple of days.

Ainsworth said: “You’ve got all your sheikhs and billionaires. Give me Pete and Rob [Couhig] any day. I’m proud to be the Wycombe manager.” - a come and get me plea if ever I’ve heard one

I know it's been a long time but this situation scares the hell out of me. In one of his final interviews Mowbray stated he had no idea who ultimately makes the final decisions at the club on his BBC Lancs interview. That to me suggests chaos no coherant plan. The season begins in July the new manager will obviously want his own people at the football club. Their are the decisions to be made on Nyambe & Lenihan, & they haven't interviewed anyone they should've started the minute Mowbray said he was leaving. The whole process is a shambles, then you have the next nightmare scenario before when Warnock had agreed to join Rovers contract was signed. What happened some clown/flaming Dingle I can do it cheaper the ceo comes back to find the cheaper option has been hired. The rest is history players were on Cakes & irn bru we never stood a chance. I mean how difficult can it be draw up a short list of 5 interview all 5 then offer the job to no.1 if he says no work your way down the list until someone says yes. My worry is after all the good work TM has done this lot bring someone in. The solid foundations are destroyed & the club goes backwards.  Then rightly so imo people will ask them to sell up & they'd be right, because after 10 years running the football club they've learnt sweet fa. Tbh the shortlist should've been drawn up after the Bournemouth game & they should've started interviewing after the Brum game. Especially as the season starts in July early due to the world cup. Btw IMHO I did think Mowbray had run out of ideas & needed to go. I also believe his family life was affecting him, & even if he was offered a new contract I doubt he'd have signed. I hope he gets another job & wish him all the best wherever he ends up, just a shame it didn't work out at Rovers. I'm  grateful for his hard work & dedication & successful times he brought here & for the stability he brought to BRFC.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

He said his immediate future. I'm not sure he would say, fancy applying for new jobs actually. 😂. I would say interviews will start middle of next week. Approaches will be made over the weekend and into early next week. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Life isn’t always black and white.

Ainsworth chose his words very carefully when interviewed by Sky.

What he actually said was, “My IMMEDIATE future is looking after those lads”.

I cannot help thinking , after the events of today , Ainsworth is tied on to be the next manager.  

He will accept it , he will be cheap to extract out of Wycombe, is he best man for the job ? Not so sure , anyway I might be wrong ...

4 hours ago, Tricky said:

Yeah that's what worries me, I would have thought ainsworth is still in contract so would be compensation, but happy to be corrected. Don't get me wrong I'd back him if he came in, we've been linked with a lot worse but I just think we need a more experienced and reputable name to sell some season / gate tickets and attract the talent needed to complement who's in place already and play an improved game. 

Ainsworth under contract and don't think Venkys would pay the compensation.

1 hour ago, Brfcrule1 said:

I know it's been a long time but this situation scares the hell out of me. In one of his final interviews Mowbray stated he had no idea who ultimately makes the final decisions at the club on his BBC Lancs interview. That to me suggests chaos no coherant plan. The season begins in July the new manager will obviously want his own people at the football club. Their are the decisions to be made on Nyambe & Lenihan, & they haven't interviewed anyone they should've started the minute Mowbray said he was leaving. The whole process is a shambles, then you have the next nightmare scenario before when Warnock had agreed to join Rovers contract was signed. What happened some clown/flaming Dingle I can do it cheaper the ceo comes back to find the cheaper option has been hired. The rest is history players were on Cakes & irn bru we never stood a chance. I mean how difficult can it be draw up a short list of 5 interview all 5 then offer the job to no.1 if he says no work your way down the list until someone says yes. My worry is after all the good work TM has done this lot bring someone in. The solid foundations are destroyed & the club goes backwards.  Then rightly so imo people will ask them to sell up & they'd be right, because after 10 years running the football club they've learnt sweet fa. Tbh the shortlist should've been drawn up after the Bournemouth game & they should've started interviewing after the Brum game. Especially as the season starts in July early due to the world cup. Btw IMHO I did think Mowbray had run out of ideas & needed to go. I also believe his family life was affecting him, & even if he was offered a new contract I doubt he'd have signed. I hope he gets another job & wish him all the best wherever he ends up, just a shame it didn't work out at Rovers. I'm  grateful for his hard work & dedication & successful times he brought here & for the stability he brought to BRFC.

Mowbray was talking utter garbage after his toy out the pram throwing episode and fall out with his back room staff 🤬

Have you ever considered how long it takes to review a large quantity of applications and vast interest in the job? 
if you are serious about a lack of planning going on behind the scenes you really haven’t got a clue 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

if you are serious about a lack of planning going on behind the scenes you really haven’t got a clue 

Can you honestly say that since the V's  rocked up any serious planning for the betterment of the club has gone on 🤮

• Like 1

Hand on heart and from the very first day yes I can. BRFC is not just about what we see on the pitch there are many aspects to it. An example is the academy which goes from strength to strength as does the u18 and then the even younger element NEVER have we seen such a broad amount of talent coming through the club since the likes of Dunny and Duff. The off pitch scientific work is amazing to see. We can all think we understand it however until you sit down and read the research and results of each and every player I don’t think anyone can comprehend just what goes on with it and how it helps players improve not to mention how it assists in developing their attributes. We have all seen how poor the Ewood pitch has been and we all decried the club and SW for not splashing out last preseason. There wasn’t reason for it as priorities were in place which I think will benefit the players across the age groups as well as the first team. The new pitch and system, drainage and new heating and lighting will be a huge improvement. People often forget Rovers have a tv PL income of £8m per season to play with along with income generated by ticket sales and other commercial means - it’s a limited amount of cash and is being managed and spent wisely without being thrifty with it. So again I have seen some really good improvement within the club. Don’t get me wrong there are many other facets of the club that need urgently addressing - season tickets fan experience and communication are just some of the areas I refer to. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, alderson777 said:

I'm not sure I want him anymore - they were pathetic in the Playoff Final. Didn't lay a glove on Sunderland.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I must say the pitch held up a lot better than I’d expected.

we did`nt have the first team training on it this year ,like they did last year during bad weather,i never figured that one out when we have indoor facilities at brockhall?????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Butty said:

To be fair Chaddy I’m not sure he’s someone we will go for but in terms of him saying he wants to stay at Wycombe I wouldn’t read anything into that, if we did decide we wanted to appoint him then he’d jump at the chance. He’s happy at Wycombe but do you honestly think he’d turn down a move here if we wanted him? Of course he wouldn’t. There’s zero chance that we’ll get Farke in my opinion so I’m hoping we give Carvalhal the job. 

Regardles of his flamboyant personality (for a football manager) and his lack of experience at an all round larger club, I genuinely get the sense from Ainsworth that he's genuinely a very good decent, principled person and wouldn't work for the kind of people that run and own our club (unlesshe was out of work and desperate for a job!) 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20156808.blackburn-rovers-manager-latest-carlos-carvalhal-comments-future/

In the search for a replacement for Tony Mowbray, Rovers are meeting with candidates having whittled down the list of applicants to a shortlist, understood to be at least five deep, and to include overseas options, with those to be held remotely.

Rovers received in the region of 50 serious applications for the managerial position and have now reached a shortlist from which they will select a replacement for Mowbray who left at the end of his contract.

Rovers are looking for a sporting director, as well as a manager, but the search for the latter is understood to be the more pressing at this moment in time, with both running parallel to each other.

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

The next manager to walk through that revolving door at Ewood needs to be a significant improvement on the man that just left.

Gareth Ainsworth doesn't tick that box, what would he bring to Ewood that would get this side into the Premiership? They don't care if he comes from Blackburn and supports the club, they want a manager with new ideas, modern training methods, tactical awareness and eye for the player. Sadly in my opinion Ainsworth ticks none of those boxes and wouldn't even be mentioned if it wasn't for his links to the town.

I'd support the lad if he did land the job, he'd be cheap, win a few fans over for Waggott, but would fail and fail badly in the current setup, like most prospective managers would in my opinion.

These links to Carlos Carvalhal are strange to me, here we have a manager who has just been plying his trade in the Portuguese Premier League, quarter finals of Europa League, domestic cup winners lasts season, millions to spend on players and he's being linked with a mid table Championship club on its arse financially with its best days behind it? I would be astonished if he ends up here, why would he come here? 

We need a manager thats cheap, unemployed, willing to work with no board, absent meddling owners, no money to spend, no scouting network, poor playing surface, 4th division CEO.........Exciting eh.......

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

If there are any proper long term plans, which is extremely unlikely, then you have to admit that Venky’s and their employees have failed spectacularly in delivering them?

Whenever you have been challenged to provide evidence that things are on the up in the past, you’ve told people to do their own research, like a flat earther or chemtrailer. Now you are offering up basic pitch maintenance and not shutting down the academy.

As Glen has comprehensively pointed out, the academy is currently reaping rewards because it’s a major part of Jacks legacy - and the one bit they haven’t got round to completely disgracing yet. I’m always baffled by the praise they seem to get for not pulling the plug on it. It’s not some act of altruism or a shrewd manoeuvre… it’s a complete no brainier. Besides, since they rocked up they have made more out of selling academy graduates than they have had to put in to keep it going.

Oh, and nobody is forgetting that we have limited TV income. We are all well aware of how perilous our financial situation is. How could we not be? What people do often forget is whose fault it is that we are in such a mess in the first place.

This, this again and oh yes this 100%

Just now, Gav said:

The next manager to walk through that revolving door at Ewood needs to be a significant improvement on the man that just left.

Gareth Ainsworth doesn't tick that box, what would he bring to Ewood that would get this side into the Premiership? They don't care if he comes from Blackburn and supports the club, they want a manager with new ideas, modern training methods, tactical awareness and eye for the player. Sadly in my opinion Ainsworth ticks none of those boxes and wouldn't even be mentioned if it wasn't for his links to the town.

I'd support the lad if he did land the job, he'd be cheap, win a few fans over for Waggott, but would fail and fail badly in the current setup, like most prospective managers would in my opinion.

These links to Carlos Carvalhal are strange to me, here we have a manager who has just been plying his trade in the Portuguese Premier League, quarter finals of Europa League, domestic cup winners lasts season, millions to spend on players and he's being linked with a mid table Championship club on its arse financially with its best days behind it? I would be astonished if he ends up here, why would he come here? 

We need a manager thats cheap, unemployed, willing to work with no board, absent meddling owners, no money to spend, no scouting network, poor playing surface, 4th division CEO.........Exciting eh.......

Sad but true

So this summer the pitch is being completely renovated? Drainage, the works?

If that’s the case why is it not being mentioned by the club? As Swag would surely be shouting it from the rooftops, like he was the other year before he got put back in its box and the full works was scrapped. Looks just like a standard re-seed to me?

• Like 6

Ok

1 hour ago, Gav said:

need a manager thats cheap, unemployed, willing to work with no board, absent meddling owners, no money to spend, no scouting network, poor playing surface, 4th division CEO.........Exciting eh.......

Isn’t this why people are championing ainsworth. With the exception of him still being employed which is easily got around, name a better manager  who ticks those boxes

edit. Don’t know why it said ok at the top

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

If there are any proper long term plans, which is extremely unlikely, then you have to admit that Venky’s and their employees have failed spectacularly in delivering them?

Whenever you have been challenged to provide evidence that things are on the up in the past, you’ve told people to do their own research, like a flat earther or chemtrailer. Now you are offering up basic pitch maintenance and not shutting down the academy.

As Glen has comprehensively pointed out, the academy is currently reaping rewards because it’s a major part of Jacks legacy - and the one bit they haven’t got round to completely disgracing yet. I’m always baffled by the praise they seem to get for not pulling the plug on it. It’s not some act of altruism or a shrewd manoeuvre… it’s a complete no brainier. Besides, since they rocked up they have made more out of selling academy graduates than they have had to put in to keep it going.

Oh, and nobody is forgetting that we have limited TV income. We are all well aware of how perilous our financial situation is. How could we not be? What people do often forget is whose fault it is that we are in such a mess in the first place.

Absolutely spot on  Duncan 

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Ok

Isn’t this why people are championing ainsworth. With the exception of him still being employed which is easily got around, name a better manager  who ticks those boxes

Smacks of Simon Grayson 

• Like 1