BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Great so just in time for the players coming back, for taking time that’s seeking approval from venkys. When they can actually be bothered about their baby. It makes me laugh all the hullabaloo about a sporting direct it’s not new venus has been doing that role 

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Always the ‘little old Rovers’ pat on the head vibe from Myers. 

He hasn’t asked as accepting of mediocrity at his beloved Toffees this season…

He’s a hypocrite slated big Sam but we had to grateful for Mowbray 

• Like 7

12 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

we did`nt have the first team training on it this year ,like they did last year during bad weather,i never figured that one out when we have indoor facilities at brockhall?????

I'm convinced that was so the surveyors could move into Brockhall for the ill fated sell off plan? By all accounts the groundsman warned against it - but they "ploughed" on and destroyed the surface regardless

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

for me, they can make a decision in India about the appointment or even rectify Pasha and Waggott decision who to appoint? 

Rectify.... good word for it.

Cheston (poor lamb) had his decision to appoint Warnock rectified.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Rectify.... good word for it.

Cheston (poor lamb) had his decision to appoint Warnock rectified.

The stem of the word rect is very appropriate as the owners certainly shoved it up it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sw0808 said:

I'm convinced that was so the surveyors could move into Brockhall for the ill fated sell off plan? By all accounts the groundsman warned against it - but they "ploughed" on and destroyed the surface regardless

your probably right,moggadon did come out with some garbled **** that indoor facilities cause injuries,complete **** of course,most clubs in the top two divisions have indoor astroturf pitches in case of the weather situation,it`s no wonder steve pickup the head groundsman ***** off soon after

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hasta said:

So won’t be in place by the end of May, exactly as predicted.

Exactly. So I'm thinking why didn't they act sooner, they've had time. After all this is the number one priority.

Oh yeah, owners & current structure are unable to make decisions.

Just goes to show that the rumours around early March time that they were looking to replace Mowbray were total bollocks.

They only make decisions when they absolutely have to. Often too late and always wrong. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, goozburger said:

He'd be a shrewd appointment if our budget is on a shoestring, which it may well be.

Ainsworth is on a "long term" contract, believed to be until 2025 (seems bizarrely hush-hush). We'd be looking at ~£0.5m to ~£1m to get him, at a guess.

Having said that, I suspect a contract and all the luggage for getting in a Carvalhal or a Farke (who might have certain demands) would come to more.

I still think he’d be a good fit.

Ainsworth has demonstrated the ability to take a club forwards on very little funding, over a sustained period of time.

As for the style of play, I guess he could’ve tried to play pretty football and waxed lyrical about going on a “journey”, but (shock/horror) he has concentrated on getting results.

I don’t think he’ll be coming to Rovers as I doubt he will apply, given he’s currently under contract, and we know that Venkys don’t like paying compensation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Just goes to show that the rumours around early March time that they were looking to replace Mowbray were total bollocks.

They only make decisions when they absolutely have to. Often too late and always wrong. 

Of course, if he had another year on his contract he’d still be here. A decision only being made because the bloke in position has actually left the building.

Win, lose, draw. Charge up the table or death spiral - Pune couldn’t care less.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

I massively dispute the TM refusal to spend money, i know 100% he gave names to Messrs Waggott, Cheston and Suhail, whose job is to negotiate those deals. On all accounts it was we cant afford, we cant get it over the line, have you looked at list Z, we cant get an answer from India.

Its always easy to blame the departed.

I'm not sure why you dispute that when Mowbray himself openly admitted it was his decision for example not to bring a striker in as it was not the way we played according to him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

So won’t be in place by the end of May, exactly as predicted.

Well that is Alan Myers opinion. We might agree terms with a foreign head coach but have to wait for them to gain an UK work permit.  

26 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I still think he’d be a good fit.

Ainsworth has demonstrated the ability to take a club forwards on very little funding, over a sustained period of time.

As for the style of play, I guess he could’ve tried to play pretty football and waxed lyrical about going on a “journey”, but (shock/horror) he has concentrated on getting results.

I don’t think he’ll be coming to Rovers as I doubt he will apply, given he’s currently under contract, and we know that Venkys don’t like paying compensation.

Does his style of management suit the head coach role we want here and does his playing style/tactics going to fit our current players like Buckley, Dack, Dolan, Markanday, Dolan, Gallagher? 

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well that is Alan Myers opinion. We might agree terms with a foreign head coach but have to wait for them to gain an UK work permit.  

The mental gymnastics here 😁

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JoeH said:

I'd heard something ages ago, but club discovered it wasn't possible as the land behind the trees is on quite a large slope and is really boggy. Would take an effort to make it work that makes the whole thing not worthwhile apparently.

A couple of pitches on that land would be Ideal preperation for home games until the super dooper new pitch arrives in 2032

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm not sure why you dispute that when Mowbray himself openly admitted it was his decision for example not to bring a striker in as it was not the way we played according to him.

Priced out, if you read between the lines.

Edited by Gav

7 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

So this summer the pitch is being completely renovated? Drainage, the works?

If that’s the case why is it not being mentioned by the club? As Swag would surely be shouting it from the rooftops, like he was the other year before he got put back in its box and the full works was scrapped. Looks just like a standard re-seed to me?

I take it you didn’t see the pictures put out after the cancellation of the summer festival of music? If you care to speak to the grounds man I am sure he will explain the upgraded lights and new pitch system 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Does his style of management suit the head coach role we want here and does his playing style/tactics going to fit our current players like Buckley, Dack, Dolan, Markanday, Dolan, Gallagher? 

I’m not sure the likes of Carvalhal will be too enamoured about working under a Director of Football, (especially if it’s some no mark), so I think you could ask that question about any candidate.

As previously stated, Ainsworth has clearly been pragmatic in terms of style of play at Wycombe. There’s nothing to suggest he wouldn’t be able to put round pegs in round holes at Rovers, (probably more so than the previous manager).

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

very worrying that it`s taking this long,i hope im`e hopelessly wrong but this wait could mean venus has already got the job and the club is string us along,either venus or johnson,the latter i could handle,the former is going backwards

Venus is leaving in his own volition

9 minutes ago, Gav said:

Priced out if you read between the lines.

So very wrong Gav Mowbray declined to make 2 centre forward investments he admitted it himself and is the source of the fall out between him and the rest of the staff 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I take it you didn’t see the pictures put out after the cancellation of the summer festival of music? If you care to speak to the grounds man I am sure he will explain the upgraded lights and new pitch system 

It’s a photo of a grass-less pitch, not really going to tell me much, is it!

So Sharpe is wrong and we are having a new drainage system put in like you said this morning?

Edited by Mattyblue