BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

I spoke to Maja myself about it and believe me his word is truer than anyone else I have spoken to about it! I know from his own words about what and what didn’t happen about his proposed move to Rovers in January - It was nothing to do with finance waggot or venkys it was one individual alone! The deal had already been agreed in principle. Same with another player but again 1 person refused to speak to that player which again caused huge fall out between the backroom team. You only had to watch the sidelines v Bournemouth to see the agitation on that bench and you would note no one spoke to Mowbray during the game! The club as a whole are perplexed by Mowbrays comments hence the delay in any linked comments indeed the generalisation of what was released says it all. As for the pitch comments go and have a look for yourself a lot of work has been done already and it’s ahead of schedule 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I spoke to Maja myself about it and believe me his word is truer than anyone else I have spoken to about it! I know from his own words about what and what didn’t happen about his proposed move to Rovers in January

With the greatest of respect, I don't believe you 1864 and the reason I don't believe you is because you've been around here for many years and have never claimed exclusives from players, why would you now.

This agitation between Mowbray and bench/club, it wasn't evident at Nigel Howarth's place a few days later, Waggott spin maybe?

We are digressing, this about the new manager.

Edited by Gav

10 minutes ago, Gav said:

With the greatest of respect, I don't believe you 1864 and the reason I don't believe you is because you've been around here for many years and have never claimed exclusives from players, why would you now.

This agitation between Mowbray and bench/club, it wasn't evident at Nigel Howarth's place a few days later, Waggott spin maybe?

We are digressing, this about the new manager.

I am not concerned about your response it’s pretty typical tbh. You seem convinced I am a waggot puppet but alas once more you are wrong and what makes you think he would divulge such information ? There are various methods of getting information and chance meetings with players of other teams who happen to be staying at the same hotel really do happen ! Players these days are easy to chat to and are not afraid to tell you as it is! I know one of the two players was pretty astounded the move didn’t happen. I also think it’s laughable you think I hang on every word someone allegedly says - you clearly have an agenda as you have with others in this forum and as with others I would simply say press the ignore button or alternatively don’t comment 👍

25 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I spoke to Maja myself about it and believe me his word is truer than anyone else I have spoken to about it! I know from his own words about what and what didn’t happen about his proposed move to Rovers in January - It was nothing to do with finance waggot or venkys it was one individual alone! The deal had already been agreed in principle. Same with another player but again 1 person refused to speak to that player which again caused huge fall out between the backroom team.

I can believe that, as the mard arse himself came out and said he chose not to sign a striker. He sulks petulantly when things don't go his way, Derby at home being one example of many, and his ego is to blame for our fall down the table.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So no new drainage system then, perhaps don’t exaggerate for effect in future!

No the drainage system is properly improved added to additional lighting to go along with the soon to be weaved pitch - I have pointed out it’s ahead of schedule and like the other pitches in the training centres will be a huge improvement ! All work is geared to the players return on 13/6

• Like 1

So Sharpe is wrong. Plus the club (who always like to crow about even minimal improvements) are choosing not to publicise this well needed new drainage system?

Hmm, doesn’t add up, sorry.

Edited by Mattyblue

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well that is Alan Myers opinion. We might agree terms with a foreign head coach but have to wait for them to gain an UK work permit.  

Does his style of management suit the head coach role we want here and does his playing style/tactics going to fit our current players like Buckley, Dack, Dolan, Markanday, Dolan, Gallagher? 

How do you know what tactics he would put into place, Chaddy?  All because he played one way at Wycombe (who he dragged from the bottom of League Two with no money) doesn't mean he'd play the same way here.

Christ, you ask some daft questions.

• Like 3

Mowbray cared about his players feelings more than points at times there is enough evidence down the years. Both from what we've seen and what we've heard from the man himself but of course it'll have fallen on deaf ears of those who like to believe their own narratives.

Therefore entirely believable he'd side step a potential striker or two so he could keep berths available for Gallagher etc.

Plus he was well into experiment mode again first chance he had once BBD was injured and then he had Giles to play with.

A new manager will hopefully be a breath of fresh air compared to Mr know it all then feck it all up.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I am not concerned about your response it’s pretty typical tbh. You seem convinced I am a waggot puppet but alas once more you are wrong and what makes you think he would divulge such information ? There are various methods of getting information and chance meetings with players of other teams who happen to be staying at the same hotel really do happen ! Players these days are easy to chat to and are not afraid to tell you as it is! I know one of the two players was pretty astounded the move didn’t happen. I also think it’s laughable you think I hang on every word someone allegedly says - you clearly have an agenda as you have with others in this forum and as with others I would simply say press the ignore button or alternatively don’t comment 👍

That reply is embarrassing to be honest, I think you’re fighting one or two posters  in here and struggling to work out which one has said what.

I’ll leave it alone, this is a new manager thread not a cock waving competition. 

Just now, Gav said:

That reply is embarrassing to be honest, I think you’re fighting one or two posters  in here and struggling to work out which one has said what.

I’ll leave it alone, this is a new manager thread not a cock waving competition. 

Then there is only yourself waving it🙊

On 14/05/2022 at 16:19, SuperBrfc said:

That would be the ideal scenario, but it's fair to say there aren't many Jack Walker type owners out there.

We all accept our trophy winning days are far away and may not return for a while, if at all. Certainly, our title win was a dream achievement and is something we will probably never see again.

However, promotion isn't a pipe dream and is achievable, but it's the lack of desire for it, the lack of care and effort from the top down that angers me the most. That's not aimed at the players. Rovers always had a "can do" attitude, regardless of finances. We'd always have a go and the manager and board would both want the club to kick on. That hasn't been seen for 12 years now.

We had a great chance in January, yet the owners clearly didn't care or acknowledge it. Same with Mowbray. His shoulder shrugging, defeatist, not arsed attitude with us up there was unforgivable. His behaviour was not that of somebody who wanted to go up.

I don't think any manager that we had prior to Venky's would have carried on the way Mowbray did in that position.

This "not arsed" loser mentality stems from those at the top and filters down and has been doing since 2010.  We've just got to hope they fluke their way to a Farke or Carvalhal, managers who could do the business despite the owners' shit way of doing things.

It would be rather nice to have Dyche in place when we play Burnley. 🤔😉

Edited by bigbrandjohn
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm not sure why you dispute that when Mowbray himself openly admitted it was his decision for example not to bring a striker in as it was not the way we played according to him.

He said the market was kids on loan from the Premier League so he didnt have money to spend.

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

He gave a terrific interview after the play off Final yesterday, no excuses about the performance on the day but was waxing lyrical about his squad, saying it was the best he'd ever had and how much he was looking forward to getting stuck into League 1 again next season.

He certainly didn't sound like someone who wad intending to leave.

A fraction of that type of honesty and enthusiasm would have worked wonders here over the last 4 seasons.

His team didn't give a terrific performance though - in fact they failed to turn up. 

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He said the market was kids on loan from the Premier League so he didnt have money to spend.

Correct, he had permission to bring in loans and he didn't loan in a striker that bit is undeniably on his head.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, martonrover said:

I’m not sure the likes of Carvalhal will be too enamoured about working under a Director of Football, (especially if it’s some no mark), so I think you could ask that question about any candidate.

As previously stated, Ainsworth has clearly been pragmatic in terms of style of play at Wycombe. There’s nothing to suggest he wouldn’t be able to put round pegs in round holes at Rovers, (probably more so than the previous manager).

Carvalhal worked at Sheffield Wednesday with a transfer committee there. He got 2 top 6 finishes there. 

Farke has 2 promotions from this league and that what we need to aiming for. I just not sure Ainsworth can take us to that sadly. 

Also not sure Ainsworth's style and tactics would be suit our squad

1 hour ago, mustard said:

How do you know what tactics he would put into place, Chaddy?  All because he played one way at Wycombe (who he dragged from the bottom of League Two with no money) doesn't mean he'd play the same way here.

Christ, you ask some daft questions.

Well that would be my first question to him if I was interviewing for the Rovers head coach job. 

But I just think he is the right man for the job right now. We need a manager who can get us promote within 2 season of taking charge. 

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Just more excuses from Mowbray IMO. To be honest, I'm pleased he's gone now cos his excuses, moaning and sulking will be gone. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Carvalhal worked at Sheffield Wednesday with a transfer committee there. He got 2 top 6 finishes there. 

Farke has 2 promotions from this league and that what we need to aiming for. I just not sure Ainsworth can take us to that sadly. 

Wednesday probably had more money to spend than Rovers will next season. I’m lukewarm about Carvalhal. I could get behind the idea, but how long is he likely to stick around?

No arguments with regards to Farke, though the chances of him coming appear to be dwindling.

You’ve already made that point about Ainsworth and I have already replied.

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well that would be my first question to him if I was interviewing for the Rovers head coach job. 

But I just think he is the right man for the job right now. We need a manager who can get us promote within 2 season of taking charge. 

Just more excuses from Mowbray IMO. To be honest, I'm pleased he's gone now cos his excuses, moaning and sulking will be gone. 

Fair enough Chadders.  You're more than entitled to your opinion on who you think is best for the job, I just don't get why you ask fellow posters questions that they can't really answer.  There's too many attempts at tripping people up on here.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

100% hence him publically stating that the rothwell money would help him buy 2 or 3 players.

He was not given the money to spend which had previously been indicated, and the tap was turned off.

All his suggestions were poopooed by the board.

The options that were presented were untried loanees, with pretty much zero first team experience let alone championship experience.

Tactically he can have a lot thrown at him, but the transfer window in both August and January were strangled by Waggott.

On the Maja front I cant possibly comment on 1884's chance meeting/discussion, I was not there.

What I do know is TM spent all day with him in the August transfer deadline day, comvinced the lad to come, was thrilled it was happening and was very upset when it fell through for both the lad and the club. Why he'd refuse to meet him in January makes zero sense, given rovers had already indicated they wouldnt be revisiting it.

Edited by glen9mullan
  • Like 5

Just now, martonrover said:

Wednesday probably had more money to spend than Rovers will next season. I’m lukewarm about Carvalhal. I could get behind the idea, but how long is he likely to stick around?

No arguments with regards to Farke, though the chances of him coming appear to be dwindling.

You’ve already made that point about Ainsworth and I have already replied.

Carvalhal got to 2 top 6 places whilst he was there. Just look at the job he has done at Braga. upgrade on Mowbray for sure. If he takes us to PL does it matter how long he sticks around for

Why are Farke chances coming here dwindling?

1 minute ago, glen9mullan said:

100% hence him publically stating that the rothwell money would help him buy 2 or 3 players.

He was not given the money to spend which had previously been indicated, and the tap was turned off.

The options that were presented were untried loanees, with pretty much zero first team experience let alone championship experience.

Tactically he can have a lot thrown at him, but the transfer window in both August and January were strangled by Waggott.

Amen.

1 minute ago, glen9mullan said:

Is Waggott to blame for the owners not giving the manager any money?

4 minutes ago, mustard said:

Fair enough Chadders.  You're more than entitled to your opinion on who you think is best for the job, I just don't get why you ask fellow posters questions that they can't really answer.  There's too many attempts at tripping people up on here.

no attempts to try to trip anyone up but asking honest and proper questions why you would appoint someone who tactics doesn't suit our squad or our model. 

I would appoint an experience foreign head coach who knows the how the head coach sporting director model works