BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

4 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

100% hence him publically stating that the rothwell money would help him buy 2 or 3 players.

He was not given the money to spend which had previously been indicated, and the tap was turned off.

All his suggestions were poopooed by the board.

The options that were presented were untried loanees, with pretty much zero first team experience let alone championship experience.

Tactically he can have a lot thrown at him, but the transfer window in both August and January were strangled by Waggott.

I think Mowbray has had more than enough backing over the last 4 years/seasons to achieve promotion/playoff place and he has failed to deliver it. He can't blame anyone but himself. He was rightly let go now

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

no attempts to try to trip anyone up but asking honest and proper questions why you would appoint someone who tactics doesn't suit our squad or our model. 

I would appoint an experience foreign head coach who knows the how the head coach sporting director model works

Have we got a model, if so could you explain it ?

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Carvalhal got to 2 top 6 places whilst he was there. Just look at the job he has done at Braga. upgrade on Mowbray for sure. If he takes us to PL does it matter how long he sticks around for

Why are Farke chances coming here dwindling?

……but not promotion with Wednesday. Agreed, an upgrade on Mowbray. I’d be happy enough with him, but there are two or three others I would prefer. 
I think the difficulty in getting the likes of Carvalhal and Farke will be they will have very firm ideas about how they plan to do the job, which may well not match up with what Rovers are offering, eg back room staff and Director of Football. 
If we could get Webber from Norwich, that would appeal to Farke, but how likely is that? 
We are asking Venkys to finally do things the right way. Enough said.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I think Mowbray has had more than enough backing over the last 4 years/seasons to achieve promotion/playoff place and he has failed to deliver it. He can't blame anyone but himself. He was rightly let go now

You was all for Mowbray staying, i can bring your quotes up if it helps?.

Bar Gallagher I dont think TM has spunked any money up the wall do you?

He has brought far more in, in revenue for transfers out, than transfers in, and had Dack not got that first injury, he'd have got another bumper payday for the club. They will get one now for Brereton.

Rovers being even in the promotion picture this season, was totally unexpected by majority of the supporter base, and certainly not by the club. 

Where we were in Feb and where we finished is most disappointing, but to say he had four years to get us up, based on what we spent in four years in players and wages, really is a dillusional statement

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

Have we got a model, if so could you explain it ?

Rovers are after appointing a sporting director and head coach within the next couple of weeks. Have you miss that? 

5 minutes ago, martonrover said:

……but not promotion with Wednesday. Agreed, an upgrade on Mowbray. I’d be happy enough with him, but there are two or three others I would prefer. 

Who are the 2 or 3 others you would prefer? 

5 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I think the difficulty in getting the likes of Carvalhal and Farke will be they will have very firm ideas about how they plan to do the job, which may well not match up with what Rovers are offering, eg back room staff and Director of Football. 
If we could get Webber from Norwich, that would appeal to Farke, but how likely is that? 
We are asking Venkys to finally do things the right way. Enough said.

Would Farke want to work with Webber after he sacked him at Norwich? 

I don't the backroom staff being a problem cos the new guy will be allow to bring 2 or 3 staff with him. 

If we can't those 2 then there is a couple of others I would like to see us approach to come in as Head coach

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

There was an unsigned cheque for the new pitch.

Was there an unsigned cheque, or lack of business case, or indeed desire from Cheston and Waggott? On this one an educated guess would of been the fact we was on the brink of failing the FFP, why the pitch had to be aborted

10 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

You was all for Mowbray staying, i can bring your quotes up if it helps?.

Bar Gallagher I dont think TM has spunked any money up the wall do you?

He has brought far more in, in revenue for transfers out, than transfers in, and had Dack not got that first injury, he'd have got another bumper payday for the club. They will get one now for Brereton.

Rovers being even in the promotion picture this season, was totally unexpected by majority of the supporter base, and certainly not by the club. 

Where we were in Feb and where we finished is most disappointing, but to say he had four years to get us up, based on what we spent in four years in players and wages, really is a dillusional statement

Yes I was Mowbray staying if we got a top 6 place this season but we didn't. That what I said. 

Mowbray has backed money for transfers and loans. He has brought in some good loan players like Harrison Reed, Harvey Elliott, Tosin but he hasn't achieve promotion. Which should be aim for our club. 

Barnsley got top 6 last season and Huddersfield and Luton have spent less on fees  and still managed playoff places this seasson. 

We need to move on and appoint a head coach who can achieve promotion within a couple of seasons. That should be aim now

Edited by chaddyrovers

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers are after appointing a sporting director and head coach within the next couple of weeks. Have you miss that? 

Who are the 2 or 3 others you would prefer? 

Would Farke want to work with Webber after he sacked him at Norwich? 

I don't the backroom staff being a problem cos the new guy will be allow to bring 2 or 3 staff with him. 

If we can't those 2 then there is a couple of others I would like to see us approach to come in as Head coach

So that is a brand new way of doing things, for the Rovers. I would not call that our clubs model. I would say a club model , is a tried and trusted way of operating. We have not got one of those.  Yes, I must have missed the bit where we have appointed a sporting director and head coach, what are their names, I am so out of touch.

Just now, glen9mullan said:

Was there an unsigned cheque, or lack of business case, or indeed desire from Cheston and Waggott? On this one an educated guess would of been the fact we was on the brink of failing the FFP, why the pitch had to be aborted

The pitch would be exempt from FFP.

Whatever the exact scenario, the pitch, drainage and undersoil heating needs replacing. The stadium needs maintaining. The Riverside needs rebuilding. None goes against FFP Glen.

They should be writing the cheques, not just signing them.

They have not spent a single Rupee more than is their obligation as custodians.

They have not done a single thing in 12 years to build any sort of Rao legacy.

They have done a fair bit to undo Jack's legacy.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Where did I say he should of got a new contract?

Sorry chaddy, you are going on ignore, because you take 3 words, juggle them in your head then spout poo out the other end.

I have neither the time or patience to get pulled into a classroom chat with you

Did I say you said he should a new contract? 

No I didn't. I was saying that Rovers were said right not to offer any new contract. 

that's fine Glen

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

So that is a brand new way of doing things, for the Rovers. I would not call that our clubs model. I would say a club model , is a tried and trusted way of operating. We have not got one of those.  Yes, I must have missed the bit where we have appointed a sporting director and head coach, what are their names, I am so out of touch.

These appointments will be made in due course so lets see who we appoint. 

Alot of clubs have this model and its works for them. Examples are Norwich, Brentford, Forest and Huddersfield just to name a few. 

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

The pitch would be exempt from FFP.

Whatever the exact scenario, the pitch, drainage and undersoil heating needs replacing. The stadium needs maintaining. The Riverside needs rebuilding. None goes against FFP Glen.

They should be writing the cheques, not just signing them.

They have not spent a single Rupee more than is their obligation as custodians.

They have not done a single thing in 12 years to build any sort of Rao legacy.

They have done a fair bit to undo Jack's legacy.

You are preaching to the converted, i long for the day they buggar off, and they have a million and one and some more faults.

However those at Ewood are far from exempt in all this, and appear to have a done a great job in deflecting all the blame on the manager and owners

Just now, martonrover said:

That is an opinion rather than a fact. 

Venus is going as a couple of posters have said on here. 

If we couldn't get Farke or Carvalhal then I would look at Xisco Munoz who got Watford promote last season

19 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

No, pitch costs are exempt from FFP.

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Did I say you said he should a new contract? 

No I didn't. I was saying that Rovers were said right not to offer any new contract. 

that's fine Glen

You were changing your tune on a near daily basis.

55 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Would that not be upto the sporting director, in the club model ?

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

100% hence him publically stating that the rothwell money would help him buy 2 or 3 players.

He was not given the money to spend which had previously been indicated, and the tap was turned off.

36 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Yes, he is judged on P & L, they have never refused to sign a cheque. He was in cover his own ass mode all season imo

Thanks as always for sharing what you know. But these two statements seem incompatible? I'm confused how they can never refuse to sign a cheque, yet turn off the taps and require a player sale to buy players.

Even if the reason was to avoid FFP rather than not wanting to part with money, that still sounds like not signing a cheque. And was still a bizarre decision (though, bizarre decisions are their forte), as we had a real opportunity to earn the mega money of the Prem and make FFP irrelevant for a while. Even if we had spent a bit more (but not too crazy, say 4-5 million) there is the likely BBD sale in the summer to largely offset it.

27 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Its the one thing everyone at Ewood preaches at every opportunity when asked. Their funding at Rovers can never be questioned, 

So, if that's true,  that flies directly in the face of your assertion that Mowbray didn't have money to spend in January.

If he wanted it.