BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

So, if that's true,  that flies directly in the face of your assertion that Mowbray didn't have money to spend in January.

If he wanted it.

Request for funds comes from the board, not the manager. You cant have whats not asked for

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rigger said:

Would that not be upto the sporting dirctor, in the club model ?

This is the problem at the rudderless ship that is Rovers. 
Just randomly deciding to have a Director of Football, without knowing what exactly that entails and who is accountable to who.

Dogs Dinner.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Thanks as always for sharing what you know. But these two statements seem incompatible? I'm confused how they can never refuse to sign a cheque, yet turn off the taps and require a player sale to buy players.

Even if the reason was to avoid FFP rather than not wanting to part with money, that still sounds like not signing a cheque. And was still a bizarre decision (though, bizarre decisions are their forte), as we had a real opportunity to earn the mega money of the Prem and make FFP irrelevant for a while. Even if we had spent a bit more (but not too crazy, say 4-5 million) there is the likely BBD sale in the summer to largely offset it.

I dont believe transfer funds were asked for by the board.

We needed money in january, we needed to push on for promotion, we needed that extra spice.

Had we asked for it, im sure we'd have got it. If we then failed to go up, whose neck was in the noose? The manager leaving was always on the cards

I suspect "sporting director" is likely to involve merging multiple roles into one and cutting a wage - will we bring in a new head of recruitment or is that on the new role I wonder...

26 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Request for funds comes from the board, not the manager. You cant have whats not asked for

Some nice mental gymnastics there to overcome the obvious contradiction.

The Board can't request funds the manager hasn't asked for either!

5 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Try the Burnley thread 👍

Tbf they have very good reason to be depressed and maybe a bit peed off at the moment. But once the dust settles at least they'll be in a very good position to challenge for an automatic promotion. Can see Farke or one of our other top choice available managers taking over there soon as well (just to add to our woes😅

3 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Tbf they have very good reason to be depressed and maybe a bit peed off at the moment. But once the dust settles at least they'll be in a very good position to challenge for an automatic promotion. Can see Farke or one of our other top choice available managers taking over there soon as well (just to add to our woes😅

Think it will be either Rooney or Santo.  Got a bet on both.

4 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Presuming the new owners don’t pull the £60million back and then cut their losses with the parachute money.

1 hour ago, glen9mullan said:

Where did I say he should of got a new contract?

Sorry chaddy, you are going on ignore, because you take 3 words, juggle them in your head then spout poo out the other end.

I have neither the time or patience to get pulled into a classroom chat with you

Tbf chaddy never said that you said he should have been offered a new contact.  He meant offered a new contract by the club

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Tbf chaddy never said that you said he should have been offered a new contact.  He meant offered a new contract by the club

I think sometimes people can construe things wrong because of the way Chaddy words his sentences at times.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I'm not at all interested in your gambling habbits fella.

In fairness, whatever he claims to be betting on, you can absolutely guarantee it won't happen so its semi useful in that respect 

• Like 5

How many layers of finance people are there at Ewood ?

Just who exactly doesn't or does refuse cheques, pitches, strikers etc ?

Waggot - Supposed to be CEO and in charge of budgets and stuff.

Suhail - Has to sanction anything about 5k apparently.

Badu - Allegedly VH finance man

Cheston - Just there to do the payslips ?

Barry - Venkys chief Rovers cheerleader

Barry jnr - Hidden on the board now with some sort of say ?  No wonder things don't get done if that lot has to be navigated through.

Mr & Mrs D - The ultimate big financial cheeses

Anyone else ?

Who, why, where is allowing or blocking the pennies ?

Edited by tomphil

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

It was a gradual trying to put words in ones mouth, so at that point to prevent having to keep repeating myself he became the 2nd ignore of the day.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

It takes me back to a quote from Waggott 2018. Posted it on here a number of times. It ended with him saying "we can't keep going back to the owners and ask them to spend more money each time".

I have suspected ever since that there may have been times where the owners were not asked for funds in order to keep costs down, or to show that we can do things cheaper than expected.

The issue for me is, somebody is lying in amongst all of this. By somebody, I mean from within the hierarchy.

We're hearing Mowbray had money to spend but chose not to. Then we're hearing he had no money to spend and just had loans to play with. Mowbray when leaving threw hints by saying if you just want to win all the time you need to spend some money. He also said he wants to be at a club where it hurts not to go up, a possible dig at the owners.

Honestly looks like buck passing to me from those behind the scenes. One fan is told one thing, another is told something else and the blame seems to be passed around without it ever coming to light whose fault it really is. It's not any of the fans' fault though for asking or trying to engage, the problem lies within the club structure.

I agree, people will say what they was told, problem is people are told different things from different people or sometimes from the same person.

Ewood is still jobs for the boys, every man/woman for themselves, with eyes only for their own pay cheque.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

I agree, people will say what they was told, problem is people are told different things from different people or sometimes from the same person.

Ewood is still jobs for the boys, every man/woman for themselves, with eyes only for their own pay cheque.

Just like most multi million pound businesses then 🤷‍♂️ and defintely like most other professional football clubs since sky first took control. sad but true

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1