BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

2 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

QPR is his dream job.

Personally think he's a fantastic manager and would love him here regardless of the Rovers link.

Agreed, I think he will make the step up.

No-one could’ve done a better job with the resources available at Wycombe.

I won’t  mind if we end up with the likes of Farke, but history tells us that’s unlikely.

• Like 1

Personally I expect bringing in Ainsworth, even if we wanted him, would be extremely unlikely under our regime.

First off we would need to tap him up and see if he wanted to come and have some informal discussions with him and see if it was a goer. Only then would it be worth a formal approach to Wycombe and with it agreement to pay compensation at whatever figure they have provision for.

We are the club that keeps coaching staff on rather than pay them off because it is cheaper to do so. So coughing up the best part of £1 million to lure a manager away from another club, along with probably his coaching staff, and then offering him a package significantly better than the one he is on, I think is alien to Waggott and the cheapskate regime we have.

I would also be surprised if Ainsworth has formally applied for the job or made overtures towards Rovers at this point given his commitment to Wycombe and their play-off involvement. It would be extremely unprofessional if he had done so.

Is this important? Probably, because it sounds like our managerial 'search' is one where we sit back, wait and see who applies and then try to work out the 'best' option from that list. This probably rules out most, if not all, of those options currently in work.

Just now, JHRover said:

We are the club that keeps coaching staff on rather than pay them off because it is cheaper to do so. So coughing up the best part of £1 million to lure a manager away from another club, along with probably his coaching staff, and then offering him a package significantly better than the one he is on, I think is alien to Waggott and the cheapskate regime we have.

I can't imagine the compo would be anywhere near the best part of a million. Wycombe are a poor club.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, roverandout said:

Tbf chaddy never said that you said he should have been offered a new contact.  He meant offered a new contract by the club

Exactly correct. Thanks for that post,

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

He’s the favourite for that job. Mr Nixon reckons he’s also on our shortlist.

Maybe QPR have always had him as their top target and were just waiting for the League One Play Offs to conclude.

I reckon that’s where he will end up.

QPR have spoken to several different managers including James Rowberry, Liam Manning, Sol Campbell and Tim Sherwood according to several media sources.  I wouldn't be certain he got the job by any stretch. 

We should be appointing Farke or Carvalhal

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

QPR have spoken to several different managers including James Rowberry, Liam Manning, Sol Campbell and Tim Sherwood according to several media sources.  I wouldn't be certain he got the job by any stretch. 

Baffles me why anyone would go for Sol Campbell.

• Like 3

Watched the L1 Playoff Final with an eye on Ainsworth and Wycombe.

I thought they were definitely second best on the day, but offered a threat going forward. The quality in the final third was very much lacking, crosses under or over hit on a constant basis. I did however like the fact Wycombe moved the ball forward, no messing about between the centre halves, just get it wide and get it forward. 

Having grown up watching Rovers through the 90s and 00s on a steady diet of wing play and wingers rather than inverted forwards, I think his style would actually be well received by a certain vintage of supporters. Also, judging by the list of players available to Ainsworth, I'm confident he can do more and be more successful with a better calibre at a higher level, whether with Rovers or not. 

He isn't my first choice, but feel he could make an impact in the Championship and more than deserves a chance to prove himself.

Edited by rog of the rovers
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

A drawback of Burnley getting relegated, is that they'll now be fishing in the same pool as us for a new manager.

Let's hope that the club are nearer to a conclusion than we think is the case.

its a fair point but They wanted Vincent Kompany if they stay up but didn't, so it will be interesting to see if they actually have a plan for relegation

Lancs Live article(link provided) is saying Interviews will take place this week and its mentions Carlos Carvalhal, Daniel Farke and Gareth Ainsworth will be interview this week

We should be weeks and weeks ahead of Burnley.

That lot are only just coming to terms with their new status. It will be days if not weeks before they can sift through the rubble of relegation and appoint a new manager.

If we are using Burnley's seach for a new manager as an excuse for us struggling to get someone then that is absolutely unacceptable. We've had so much time and opportunity to line up a new manager even just in the last fortnight since the Birmingham game and should be appointing someone imminently, before the Burnley folk have even realised what day it is.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We should be weeks and weeks ahead of Burnley.

That lot are only just coming to terms with their new status. It will be days if not weeks before they can sift through the rubble of relegation and appoint a new manager.

If we are using Burnley's seach for a new manager as an excuse for us struggling to get someone then that is absolutely unacceptable. We've had so much time and opportunity to line up a new manager even just in the last fortnight since the Birmingham game and should be appointing someone imminently, before the Burnley folk have even realised what day it is.

I agree.

But if we're only getting round to interviewing this week, there's enough opportunity for an organised club to steal a march for the better candidates.

2 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I agree.

But if we're only getting round to interviewing this week, there's enough opportunity for an organised club to steal a march for the better candidates.

are Burnley going to so organised given they just been relegated, new owners at the helm and players agent's on the phone already to want to move their client out?