BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

It'll be a 33-1 curve ball appointment of a younger coach who'll work with staff already here, under a DOF and be given who he's given.  The DOF will probably be bringing in players via a few favoured agents again seeing as we won't have a head of recruitment any more.

You can see it now it'll be what certain people are pushing for, promotion is just an afterthought down there. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy612 said:

Stuart Pearce just left West Ham.....  He must have something lined up. 

You beat me to it, says he wants to pursue other opportunities, not sure he would want to move up north though. 

The real question is, are Venkys part of this shortlisting/interview process? 

We've seen in the past that any work on the ground at Ewood can be literally thrown in the bin when an agent gets someone's ear.

Speculation will always be there but until there is a new manager holding a scarf above his head on the website, it could literally be anyone.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He’s lived up here before when he was at City.

He was playing in that 7-0 thrashing we gave Forest years ago. My youngest son and myself were waiting out side the main entrance after the game so he could get autographs. It was peeing with rain and nearly all the Forest players just brushed past the kids. Stuart Pearce signed autographs for everybody in the rain. The other players were banging on the coach window for him or get on but he ignored them. Top bloke.

Ended Forest's long unbeaten run if I remember rightly, and an absolute rocket from Le saux. He certainly wears his heart on his sleeve. Sounds like a top bloke, I certainly wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of him though. 

2 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Bit more realistic than David Dein and Arsene Wenger, choked on my curry when I heard that rumour

I'm not sure who started that one, made me chuckle. Think Wenger hated coming to Ewood for some reason, didn't like Andy Todd much either 🤕

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bluerover78 said:

I'm not sure who started that one, made me chuckle. Think Wenger hated coming to Ewood for some reason, didn't like Andy Todd much either 🤕

Was told the secret society had already held talks with both parties, and were on with convincing rovers its a goer 🕵️‍♂️

Pearce on the other hand, as reported on the 13th May on here, name has been cropping up with Rovers, Source is uk based, so certainly has some legs potentially.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Actually Norwich was financially close to going bust until Maddison was sold after Farke's first season. 

I wouldn't be surprise if Villa first team coach Michael Beale had apply for the head coach job here. 

You mean you read it here:

https://roversfans.com/index.php?threads/the-next-rovers-manager.1316/page-10

Another name I heard mentioned to me yesterday was Michael Beale, Ex Chelsea Liverpool Youth Coach, Now at Villa as First team coach but was also at Rangers as a coach with Gerrard.

• Like 2

Has Pearce ever had a similar role? It would be a bizarre link and based solely on his playing career, surely we need someone with experience as a sporting director/director of football.

And I really hope that he isnt interviewed for the managers job!

• Like 1

Given QPR's similar league position, similar budget, similar FFP worries but a more recent premier league history,  a well respected DOF already in place and the 'advantage' of being in London, I wonder why Carvalhal and Farke are not being mentioned at all in connection with the manager's position there ? or any others in England for that matter.

If we are led to believe that these two well respected managers have actually applied for the job at Ewood then I would think they would be on other club's radars too and be considering their options- QPR and Burnley for example.

Maybe it's all just pie in the sky or wishful thinking from our point of view. Really not confident there is any substance in these stories.

8 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Given QPR's similar league position, similar budget, similar FFP worries but a more recent premier league history,  a well respected DOF already in place and the 'advantage' of being in London, I wonder why Carvalhal and Farke are not being mentioned at all in connection with the manager's position there ? or any others in England for that matter.

If we are led to believe that these two well respected managers have actually applied for the job at Ewood then I would think they would be on other club's radars too and be considering their options- QPR and Burnley for example.

Maybe it's all just pie in the sky or wishful thinking from our point of view. Really not confident there is any substance in these stories.

The thing that makes me sceptical is if you really have your heart set on Farke, why even bother compiling a shortlist of other managers, surely you'd only do that if Farke fell through?

I still hope against all the odds it's right though.

• Like 1