BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

9 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Have any of the managers we've had under Venkys actually left another club to join us 🤔 

I can only really think of Appleton (who had only been at a struggling blackpool for a few months at the time I think!)

I cant see any manager that's currently 'happy where they are' or 'has other reasonable options' wanting to come here unless they where 💯 gurenteed a decent tranfer kitty and no interface in footbaling matters from above. 

It's just Appleton.

Allardyce (already here)

Kean (already here and slithered his way in)

Eric Black (already here, caretaker)

Berg (unemployed)

Bowyer (already here, caretaker)

Appleton (at Blackpool)

Bowyer (already here)

Lambert (unemployed)

Coyle (unemployed)

Mowbray (unemployed)

Plenty of good options that fit the previous promotion criteria:

Hughton

Bilic

Jokanovic

Bruce

Farke

Chances of us getting any of them when we've half a squad? No chance.

We all know our manager next season is gonna be Tony Pulis, Nigel Adkins or Tony Mowbray.

Adkins ticks every box going for this lot.

Available and desperate for a Championship job. Record in the distant past of a promotion to the PL. Would willingly work within the structure we have in mind which is basically to agree to work with Lowe, Benson and Johnson and accept only being able to bring one staff member in.

I also remember that when Coyle was sacked and just before Mowbray arrived he was heavily linked with it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

Plenty of good options that fit the previous promotion criteria:

Hughton

Bilic

Jokanovic

Bruce

Farke

Chances of us getting any of them when we've half a squad? No chance.

We all know our manager next season is gonna be Tony Pulis, Nigel Adkins or Tony Mowbray.

In my opinion, Both Hughton and Bruce are not the right fir for Rovers. Also I don't see Rovers manager job attracting the other 3 due to wage demands and transfer/wage budget. 

Also as @1864roverite has said that Pulis has retired from Football management. 

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

In my opinion, Both Hughton and Bruce are not the right fir for Rovers. Also I don't see Rovers manager job attracting the other 3 due to wage demands and transfer/wage budget. 

Also as @1864roverite has said that Pulis has retired from Football management. 

Irrelevant. Bruce had 'retired' before West Brom. Warnock before Boro. 

Money talks.

Also, if we can't attract a good manager because of our transfer budget, maybe that's what needs correcting first.

Edited by Mellor Rover

29 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Irrelevant. Bruce had 'retired' before West Brom. Warnock before Boro. 

Money talks.

Also, if we can't attract a good manager because of our transfer budget, maybe that's what needs correcting first.

Bruce thought about Retiring after his experience at Newcastle but never did to my knowledge. 

Warnock and Pulis have both retired now. 

Time to move on from these same old names that always get mention on here. 

17 hours ago, booth said:

It's just Appleton.

Allardyce (already here)

Kean (already here and slithered his way in)

Eric Black (already here, caretaker)

Berg (unemployed)

Bowyer (already here, caretaker)

Appleton (at Blackpool)

Bowyer (already here)

Lambert (unemployed)

Coyle (unemployed)

Mowbray (unemployed)

This is the problem, Venkys will not pay money for a decent manager.

15 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I personally would like a foreign manager for a change! 

Id like us to do our homework and find an up and coming manager from across Europe with their own style of play and connections to foreign based players. Unfortunately, there's nobody at the club with the will or desire to find such candidate.

Edited by andyroversmad
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bruce thought about Retiring after his experience at Newcastle but never did to my knowledge. 

It doesn’t really matter what names get mentioned on here. We can all speculate, discuss, hope and fear, that’s what the forum is for, but Venky’s don’t listen to you, me or any other poster. They don’t even listen to Steve Waggott who they have apparently appointed to run the club on a day to day basis.

If you want us to avoid who you see as “yesterdays men”, have a word with the one person they do pay any attention to - Craig Honeyman.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree Chaddy, I'm saying that's who we'll get, not who we all want.

1 hour ago, andyroversmad said:

Id like us to do our homework and find an up and coming manager from across Europe with their own style of play and connections to foreign based players. Unfortunately, there's nobody at the club with the will or desire to find such candidate.

Farke's my man. Worked with youth, got promotion twice, spent little money at Norwich in his stint there.

He knows this is a mammoth task though. 8 signings needed and no recruitment department currently at the club.

Jokanvic or Ismael for me would be the prime candidates. 

Ainsworth is most likely imo and someone who I would be genuinely happy with and willing to give a shot. 

If I am honest I just want a manger who I can believe in again, understand their decision making and actually plays up to date tactics. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TruRover said:

Jokanvic or Ismael for me would be the prime candidates. 

Ainsworth is most likely imo and someone who I would be genuinely happy with and willing to give a shot. 

If I am honest I just want a manger who I can believe in again, understand their decision making and actually plays up to date tactics. 

Sorry, you're only allowed to pick from this list (as provided by @Miller11 previously):

Here is the HSH list…

Steve Cooper

Mark Robins

Craig Bellamy

Gary Holt

Sami Hyypia

Gregory Vignal

Tony Pulis

Graham Westley

Micky Mellon

Dave Challinor

Dean Keats

Fabrizio Ravanelli

Paul Jewell

Tony Philiskirk

Rob Edwards

And our previous three managers too, obviously.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Sorry, you're only allowed to pick from this list (as provided by @Miller11 previously):

Here is the HSH list…

Steve Cooper

Mark Robins

Craig Bellamy

Gary Holt

Sami Hyypia

Gregory Vignal

Tony Pulis

Graham Westley

Micky Mellon

Dave Challinor

Dean Keats

Fabrizio Ravanelli

Paul Jewell

Tony Philiskirk

Rob Edwards

And our previous three managers too, obviously.

I think even Venkys would struggle with that list. Taking out Cooper and Robins, who aren't going to leave their current jobs where they are loved to come here. there are few options. Pulis a possibility but if he has one eye on retirement as rumoured he might not be bothered about it. The rest I would be fascinated to see how they would manage to parachute one of that lot into this club and job. They'd probably have to bring them into another role first with the aim of promoting them in due course as it would be obvious something was amiss otherwise. 

4 hours ago, speedies gonna get ya. said:

I know he's not HSH so may be a no go from the off, but what about Mark Hughes? Ofcoursevwed have to pay Bradford. I'd love to see what he could do with this squad.

Sparky’s time here was unbelievable but I think his time as a manager at this level and of course the one above has been and gone. I’ve also seen a lot of his ex players speak really poorly about him as a manager. I will always respect him for what he did here, as a player AND as a manager but it should be left as such. 

We’ve only ever made appointments from the bargain bin under the Venkys and I expect that to stay the same, I don’t think Ainsworth would be after fortunes so from the poor options we’re likely going to have, I think he’d be the best we could hope for and he’d certainly be a popular appointment for a lot of our fans. Our chance to get out of this league has been and gone this season and we aren’t likely to get another for a while. 

• Like 1