BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We need to be aiming for right candidate that fit in within the club structure and what the football and transfer strategy is going forward. 

I have see this sort of comment that we need to be aiming for better if the ambition is promotion plenty recently on different social media sites

The ambition must always be promotion. Any manager/CEO/owner, or dare I say supporter who doesn’t share that ambition should go away.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

The ambition must always be promotion. Any manager/CEO/owner, or dare I say supporter who doesn’t share that ambition should go away.

I never said it shouldn't be but we need to appoint the right manager/head coach along with new head of recruitment(I would like to see a Director of football appoint) this summer cos I have assumed Mowbray is going in the summer and I assume the Venus, Park, Lowe and Benson will go with him.  

41 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Robins is just another average manager at this level. Look at his record. Did nothing with Huddersfield and other than that and the last couple of seasons has been a League One or Two manager.

He's done very well at Coventry but if all we are looking for is someone who has done well in Leagues One and Two then the list will be a long one. John Coleman anyone?

Even if we wanted him I doubt he'd leave Coventry to come here when he's got a settled job there with people who love him.

That kind of says it all when we remember where Coventry were not long ago and that they are still owned by SISU but we've got Venkys to thank for that.

We need to be aiming for better if the ambition is promotion. 

Coleman was a disaster at Rochdale. The fans there hated him. Some time you get a club and a manager that are a good fit - Coleman and Accy, Luton and Jones ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gav said:

I'm probably the last person that would be accused of 'illusions of grandeur' but Mark Robins? I can't knock the reasoning tomphil, his record and hunger to succeed alone would give us chance, but it just doesn't sit right to me, we should be looking for better than him, we should be looking for better than any manager we've had in the past 11yrs, but we know in our heart of hearts this doesn't get any better until they sod off.

Any manager that comes in now would need to rebuild, where are the funds coming from? The taps been turned off completely, they even refused to lay a new pitch in the summer. I fear a Paul Lambert scenario, tell a new manager fibs in his interview, "We'll back your plans Paul Lambert" then refuse to take his phone calls, the rest is history.

Its been many a year since I've come away from Ewood with a smile on face as often as this season, having seen some really good games, some great young players and a team for most of the season on the up. Yes its disappointing that we fell away, but its not unique, especially when resources are tight and money is missing.

I'm not saying keep Mowbray, I think he's done a decent job working for absent meddling owners, but in the current climate I don't think we get any better, but we certainly could very easily get worse.

I agree iv'e enjoyed parts of this season more than any recent ones but i didn't see many people smiling last Saturday or after playing Fulham at home.  A few good months and unexpected top 2 position doesn't allow for everything else to be swept under the carpet.  What we've seen over the last few months is the standard Mowbray stuff that we have to look forwards to next season and beyond if he stays.

After basically blaming the players then - quite rightly - the officials he's now presenting himself as their protector. The guy is insufferable.

As for the funds well over the FFP cycle him and his CEO have spent all the brass they were allowed, this is plain fact backed up by the accounts.  Hopefully a new cycle begins in summer and if these owners keep the same commitments then there might be some wiggle room. So it's time for him to wiggle off for a good rest and in his own words let someone else have a go, we recovered from the Coyle debacle and will do so again.

Blackburn Rovers FC doesn't revolve around Tony bloody Mowbray what if the fella actually wants to leave ?   Anyone ever thought of that ?   We have to move on at some point so now it's a case of sooner the better and leave the knee trembling in the past.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If Rovers wanted to go down the foreign route why not look at ex Barnsley head coach and currently New York Red Bulls head coach Gerhard Struber. Knows the Championship and did a good job at Barnsley 

I’d rather have a bloke from Kettering who has two promotions to the Premier League under his belt.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Get Dyche on the phone right now, pay him what he wants with a massive promotion bonus, send a helicopter to get him down to Peterborough for kick off, book Mowbray a taxi.

Only one big problem....the Loons in Pune have gone fishing.Lights on,nobody home.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I’d rather have a bloke from Kettering who has two promotions to the Premier League under his belt.

I wouldn't want Dyche here and I think people need to take a massive step back and would Dyche actually be a good fit for the club. Far too many of you are getting giddy over him. Plus given that Dyche was on 4 million pounds a season, do you honest think he would come here and for most likely less that wage? 

At Rovers developing young players and bringing through players from our Academy is major part of our football and transfer strategy here. So we need a manager or head coach who fits the profile. 

What players has Dyche brought through their? anyone? 

On Mark Robins, I think he could 'do a good job' here. He's used to crap/mad owners of clubs, can find decent younger players and bargains on a small budget. Would we get promoted? Possibly, but I'd pick him over Mowbray, Pulis or Bruce.

Dyche would be a no brainer though. A record of producing miracles on a tiny budget. I wouldn't care that he just left that other team, as it would be a right laugh if he got us promoted and Burnley didn't.

3 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

You would rather Struber than dyche, you have lost it now chaddy

Dyche is another unrealistic suggestion in my opinion 

I feel Struber is far more realistic just like the other names I have named over recent times. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't want Dyche here and I think people need to take a massive step back and would Dyche actually be a good fit for the club. Far too many of you are getting giddy over him. Plus given that Dyche was on 4 million pounds a season, do you honest think he would come here and for most likely less that wage? 

At Rovers developing young players and bringing through players from our Academy is major part of our football and transfer strategy here. So we need a manager or head coach who fits the profile. 

Dwight McNeil hasn’t done badly for them.

He hasn’t had the benefit of an established, elite academy at Burnley. Although through his influence they have made amazing strides in that department.

What he has done has got a team genuinely overachieveing year on year. What he has done for that club is astonishing. The day Venky’s rocked up we were light years ahead of Burnley is every way imaginable. Little over a decade on and the roles are well and truly reversed (although their new owners seem determined to fuck it all up for them).

This role reversal is down to two factors, one being Venky’s the other Sean Dyche.

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead
9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He kept Burnley punching above their weight for years. There are barely any better candidates knocking about.

Don’t you remember the season they went up and beat us twice? He would be the ideal Championship manager and won’t be out of work long.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How many of the numerous players we’ve brought through the ranks are Premier League capable ?

• Like 5