BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't want Dyche here and I think people need to take a massive step back and would Dyche actually be a good fit for the club. Far too many of you are getting giddy over him. Plus given that Dyche was on 4 million pounds a season, do you honest think he would come here and for most likely less that wage? 

At Rovers developing young players and bringing through players from our Academy is major part of our football and transfer strategy here. So we need a manager or head coach who fits the profile. 

What players has Dyche brought through their? anyone? 

Well that makes more sense than getting giddy over a bloke who was at Barnsley for five minutes.

No, I don’t think he would come here, unfortunately.

As for our youngsters, they are taken care of by the Academy staff. That doesn’t come down to the first team manager. He gets to pick the fruits of the labour of others, (eh, Tony?).

We need a manager who has half a chance of getting us promoted.

Not many fit the bill. Dyche clearly does.

Edited by martonrover
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We need to be aiming for right candidate that fit in within the club structure and what the football and transfer strategy is going forward. 

I have see this sort of comment that we need to be aiming for better if the ambition is promotion plenty recently on different social media sites

What club structure?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Dwight McNeil hasn’t done badly for them.

He hasn’t had the benefit of an established, elite academy at Burnley. Although through his influence they have made amazing strides in that department.

What he has done has got a team genuinely overachieveing year on year. What he has done for that club is astonishing. The day Venky’s rocked up we were light years ahead of Burnley is every way imaginable. Little over a decade on and the roles are well and truly reversed (although their new owners seem determined to fuck it all up for them).

This role reversal is down to two factors, one being Venky’s the other Sean Dyche.

So one player. 

If you think Dyche is a realistic suggestion to replace Mowbray then that's your opinion. I feel its very unrealistic and giddy suggestion

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

He kept Burnley punching above their weight for years. There are barely any better candidates knocking about.

Don’t you remember the season they went up and beat us twice? He would be the ideal Championship manager and won’t be out of work long.

do you honestly think its a realistic suggestion to replace Mowbray in the summer?

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So one player. 

If you think Dyche is a realistic suggestion to replace Mowbray then that's your opinion. I feel its very unrealistic and giddy suggestion

do you honestly think its a realistic suggestion to replace Mowbray in the summer?

I don’t know if he’s a realistic candidate or not, but we should be looking at someone like him if we have ambitions of promotion!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How many of the numerous players we’ve brought through the ranks are Premier League capable ?

Are we in the Premier League? do I miss that promotion? 😁

1 hour ago, perthblue02 said:

Did he have a bald head ,a scouse accent , wearing a Accrington Stanley jacket and named John?

no

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

Well that makes more sense than getting giddy over a bloke who was at Barnsley for five minutes.

No, I don’t think he would come here, unfortunately.

As for our youngsters, they are taken care of by the Academy staff. That doesn’t come down to the first team manager. He gets to pick the fruits of the labour of others, (eh, Tony?).

We need a manager who has half a chance of getting us promoted.

Not many fit the bill. Dyche clearly does.

The first team manager is resposible for bringing them through into the first team squad. If they pathway is block cos the first team manager has sign players already for that position. 

Think you need calm down and sit down and start think realistic about you thinking Dyche is a realistic suggestion? 

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

What club structure?

Rovers bringing through young and talent players into the first team squad is a major part of the club structure and footballing strategy 

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Dyche is now a "reject" manager and I'm be very happy to be lumbered with him

Why wouldn't anyone? He's got a great track record and the appointment would infuriate Burnley fans

Exactly. If they end up getting a dud manager and going down it would just add to the fun next season.

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I don’t know if he’s a realistic candidate or not, but we should be looking at someone like him if we have ambitions of promotion!

well mention it to Waggott at the next fans forum meeting then if you honestly think it's a realistic suggestion to replace Mowbray in the summer? 

I think its very unrealistic suggestion 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would happily replace Mowbray at 5 to 3.

But sadly we must wait until June when he retires.

Luton penalty

1-0

Did Luton get a bye on the journey?

Edited by OldEwoodBlue

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The first team manager is resposible for bringing them through into the first team squad. If they pathway is block cos the first team manager has sign players already for that position. 

Think you need calm down and sit down and start think realistic about you thinking Dyche is a realistic suggestion? 

…..and of course any decent manager will bring in one of the club’s own youngsters if he is good enough. 

Have a look at what respected football folk are saying about Dyche. 

The sad thing is, if our owners and / or their advisers had half a football brain between them, they would be on to Dyche’s agent today.

That is the reason he is an unrealistic target. Not because we couldn’t get him, but because this strategy you speak of is a figment of your imagination.

We are looking at giving away two of our academy alumni this Summer. Some strategy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, martonrover said:

…..and of course any decent manager will bring in one of the club’s own youngsters if he is good enough. 

Have a look at what respected football folk are saying about Dyche. 

The sad thing is, if our owners and / or their advisers had half a football brain between them, they would be on to Dyche’s agent today.

That is the reason he is an unrealistic target. Not because we couldn’t get him, but because this strategy you speak of is a figment of your imagination.

We are looking at giving away two of our academy alumni this Summer. Some strategy.

I don't need to have a look at what respected football folk are saying Ian as I have already seen it but the Burnley ownership have made their decisions. 

Dyche is an unrealistic target for a number of reasons. One is wages he was paid there we don't paid them, 2 his payoff wouldn't be agree yet I would imagine,

No Ian, That's what our club does is bring through our academy players into the first team squad. 

Also we aren't giving away two of our academy players at all but have been unable to agree terms with them which is very different point to the point you are making. don't confused the 2 issues Ian Please

• Moderation Lead
22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

well mention it to Waggott at the next fans forum meeting then if you honestly think it's a realistic suggestion to replace Mowbray in the summer? 

I think its very unrealistic suggestion 

Very sassy!

As much as Steve Waggott is present at the meetings, I don’t think he would take my managerial suggestions on board somehow!

We will never know unless we ask. He might feel embittered at how he has been treated and want to get one over on them, who knows? Could you imagine Dyche leading us out against Burnley next season and coming out on top? I imagine we would all like that!

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

no

Rovers bringing through young and talent players into the first team squad is a major part of the club structure and footballing strategy 

You were saying Dyche hasn’t brought any players through - he’s brought McNeil through at Premier League level. None of our home grown players are Premier League level. So I make that Dyche 1 Rovers 0.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

We will never know unless we ask. He might feel embittered at how he has been treated and want to get one over on them, who knows? Could you imagine Dyche leading us out against Burnley next season and coming out on top? I imagine we would all like that!

I think I have been very clear on Dyche coming to here and I wouldn't be in favour it. Don't think I can been anymore clear on my opinion. 

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

no

He means how many players have we brought through that are capable of standing up to Premier league standard

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You were saying Dyche hasn’t brought any players through - he’s brought McNeil through at Premier League level. None of our home grown players are Premier League level. So I make that Dyche 1 Rovers 0.

wow 1 player. 

I think Lenihan and Travis are PL level for me. 

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

He means how many players have we brought through that are capable of standing up to Premier league standard

until we get there we won't know will we. But we are the championship and the focus should be bringing in a manager/head coach who will bring through our academy players into the first team squad whilst aiming for promotion. 

Dyche wouldn't be on my shortlist. Simple as. I will leave it on this subject

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't need to have a look at what respected football folk are saying Ian as I have already seen it but the Burnley ownership have made their decisions. 

Dyche is an unrealistic target for a number of reasons. One is wages he was paid there we don't paid them, 2 his payoff wouldn't be agree yet I would imagine,

No Ian, That's what our club does is bring through our academy players into the first team squad. 

Also we aren't giving away two of our academy players at all but have been unable to agree terms with them which is very different point to the point you are making. don't confused the 2 issues Ian Please

Agreed, We won’t pay the wages for a decent manager, but are happy to throw money away in all sorts of ways.

That comes down to not having the right person / people making the decisions, (you may as well have a word with Lulu as Waggott for what power he has at the club).

We can afford it, but are blinded by ignorance.

The “strategy” is certainly not to develop players and let them leave for nothing.

The bottom line is that is what will happen.

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

until we get there we won't know will we. But we are the championship and the focus should be bringing in a manager/head coach who will bring through our academy players into the first team squad whilst aiming for promotion. 

Dyche wouldn't be on my shortlist. Simple as. I will leave it on this subject

I'm pretty sure u backed Owen coyle when he was appointed.  Where the manager comes from is irrelevant.  I Don't care if he's the love child of irma grese and Adolf Hitler I just want a successful non bullshit manager 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wrong Roverandout. 

Its was terrible appointment on day 1 but I gave him a chance to prove me wrong which he miserably failed at. 

So chaddy why not give dyche a chance if he is appointed 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, roverandout said:

So chaddy why not give dyche a chance if he is appointed 

Have I said I wouldn't give him a chance if appoint? 

maybe re read what I have posted like its unrealistic suggestion for the Rovers next manager and He wouldn;t be on My shortlist

47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Since when?

The Academy rescuing Mowbray by providing half of his starting XI isn't a commitment to bringing through young players. He didn't want Travis or Wharton and clearly has never thought a great deal of Nyambe. 

• Like 4