BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

5 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

We need to get Sean Dyche in for talks asap.

4-4-2 the Rovers way

Will sign ugly Centre halves

Wingers will be told to do winger things

Big tough strikers

At wages of 5 million per season we'd be selling everything that isn't nailed down just to pay him.

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't want Dyche at Rovers as Manager

Don’t think he’d want us either and we certainly wouldn’t be able to afford him if he’s after the sort of money he was on at that lot. But how on earth can you say you wouldn’t want him? If it was possible which it isn’t he would be levels and levels above any manager we are going to be able to realistically appoint.

He’s got two promotions out of this league and has kept a championship squad in the Prem for years and got them into Europe. It’s okay to say it now he’s left the Dingles, he’s a top manager who’s done absolute miracles and like I said, he’s a level above what we’ll be able to appoint in the summer. I’m actually baffled you’d say you wouldn’t want him. 

• Like 7

Rovers should be starting the search for Mowbray's replacement today. Waggott, Pasha and Silvester should be talking to footballing people and interview potential candidates plus advertising the Head of recruitment role at the club cos it appears John Park will follow Mowbray through the door this May/June. I would like the Club to appoint a director of football first but I don't think Rovers will do this.

9 hours ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Go on then? 

I have given some names in previous posts. Managers like Neil Critchley from Blackpool, Paul Warne from Rotherham, Gareth Ainsworth from Wycombe, Alex Neil from Sunderland if we want a manager. 

If we were to go down the Director of Football/ head coach structure then for head coach role I would be looking at Damien Johnson, Ryan Mason from Spurs, Jason Wilcox from Man City or Rob Edwards at Forest Green Rovers to fill this position. Try to find the next Steve Cooper or Neil Critchley. 

I wish Rovers have gone for Steve Cooper in the summer but he now at Forest and he is no longer with that certain agency and according to my research he is Football agency CAA Base. 

If we are only going to use a certain agency then either Mark Robins or Rob Edwards. 

Other people have mention mention Liam Manning at MK Dons or Danny Cowley at Portsmouth. I think Cowley would be good. Don't know anything about Liam Manning at MK Dons but will be watching their game tonight on Sky. 

You can look overseas manager but I have very limited knowledge of that market so I have unable to provided any suggestions unless they have managed in their championship like former Leeds manager Thomas Christiansen or Former Forest manager Sabri Lamouchi or Former Barnsley head coach Gerhard Struber. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JHRover said:

Not dynamic enough?

I posted my reasons yesterday but I have very clear in previous posts when asked if I would take Dyche here before he sacked and I haven't change my view on him. No Thanks. 

8 hours ago, Butty said:

Don’t think he’d want us either and we certainly wouldn’t be able to afford him if he’s after the sort of money he was on at that lot. But how on earth can you say you wouldn’t want him? If it was possible which it isn’t he would be levels and levels above any manager we are going to be able to realistically appoint.

He’s got two promotions out of this league and has kept a championship squad in the Prem for years and got them into Europe. It’s okay to say it now he’s left the Dingles, he’s a top manager who’s done absolute miracles and like I said, he’s a level above what we’ll be able to appoint in the summer. I’m actually baffled you’d say you wouldn’t want him. 

I still wouldn't want him here. simple as. That my opinion but I think far too many Rovers fans aren't thinking logically and have got giddy over Dyche being available now. His wages at Burnley were around 5 to 7 million I have read so do you honestly think he is going to come for the wages we pay Mowbray or his replacement. 

40 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I posted my reasons yesterday but I have very clear in previous posts when asked if I would take Dyche here before he sacked and I haven't change my view on him. No Thanks. 

I still wouldn't want him here. simple as. That my opinion but I think far too many Rovers fans aren't thinking logically and have got giddy over Dyche being available now. His wages at Burnley were around 5 to 7 million I have read so do you honestly think he is going to come for the wages we pay Mowbray or his replacement. 

Read what I said, I said we couldn’t afford him and there’s no chance of him coming here. But what I was saying was if there was actually a chance of him coming here (which there isn’t) he’d be a better appointment than we could ever dream of making this summer and you know it Chaddy. Saying you wouldn’t want him just because he used to manage the Dingles is just childish. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Why would Critchley come to Rovers ? Those days have gone.

For me, he would be on my shortlist and someone I would be looking to hold talks with and possible appoint him.

He has in recent months signed a new long term contract there for 4 more years. So its unlikely and my friend and work colleague who supports Blackpool says he is going nowhere. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Butty said:

But what I was saying was if there was actually a chance of him coming here (which there isn’t) he’d be a better appointment than we could ever dream of making this summer and you know it Chaddy. Saying you wouldn’t want him just because he used to manage the Dingles is just childish. 

He ain't coming here. simple as. I am moving on from discussing Dyche and focusing on people who will can attract here and appoint here. Not spending posts after posts discussing Dyche and this love in. 

I think appointing Dyche and spending big money on his wages would be the smallest gamble we would ever take as a club in getting us back to the promise land; this would be a head over heart decision:

1.  I think he would be mega motivated to take us back to the Prem, the way Burnleh have treated him.

2.  He has a track record of success from a limited budget.

3.  He is the closest thing to a dead cert of achieving promotion - £7m investment to reap over £100m in reward.

If we are serious about promotion we need a Dyche, Wilder, Cooper not another low level punt.  Do I think this is a possibility with Venkys? Absolutely not, but it would be the most sensible decision they have ever made.

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He ain't coming here. simple as. I am moving on from discussing Dyche and focusing on people who will can attract here and appoint here. Not spending posts after posts discussing Dyche and this love in. 

Well don’t be expecting anyone decent coming in Chaddy because we only ever seem to take the cheap option when appointing managers. It’ll be another has been. I wish Ryan Lowe hadn’t gone to Preston I’d have loved him here. Rooney would be the dream but he’ll end up at a bigger club than us.

12 minutes ago, Butty said:

Well don’t be expecting anyone decent coming in Chaddy because we only ever seem to take the cheap option when appointing managers. It’ll be another has been. I wish Ryan Lowe hadn’t gone to Preston I’d have loved him here. Rooney would be the dream but he’ll end up at a bigger club than us.

I have posted 4 realistic and decent enough replacements who I would be happy with replacing Mowbray with manager or head coach otherwise I wouldn't have posted them. 

I am looking forward to seeing how this Liam Manning set him team up and how they play as JHRover has suggested him. 

Rooney is staying with Derby for next season with new owner there. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers should be starting the search for Mowbray's replacement today. Waggott, Pasha and Silvester should be talking to footballing people and interview potential candidates plus advertising the Head of recruitment role at the club cos it appears John Park will follow Mowbray through the door this May/June. I would like the Club to appoint a director of football first but I don't think Rovers will do this.

I have given some names in previous posts. Managers like Neil Critchley from Blackpool, Paul Warne from Rotherham, Gareth Ainsworth from Wycombe, Alex Neil from Sunderland if we want a manager. 

If we were to go down the Director of Football/ head coach structure then for head coach role I would be looking at Damien Johnson, Ryan Mason from Spurs, Jason Wilcox from Man City or Rob Edwards at Forest Green Rovers to fill this position. Try to find the next Steve Cooper or Neil Critchley. 

I wish Rovers have gone for Steve Cooper in the summer but he now at Forest and he is no longer with that certain agency and according to my research he is Football agency CAA Base. 

If we are only going to use a certain agency then either Mark Robins or Rob Edwards. 

Other people have mention mention Liam Manning at MK Dons or Danny Cowley at Portsmouth. I think Cowley would be good. Don't know anything about Liam Manning at MK Dons but will be watching their game tonight on Sky. 

You can look overseas manager but I have very limited knowledge of that market so I have unable to provided any suggestions unless they have managed in their championship like former Leeds manager Thomas Christiansen or Former Forest manager Sabri Lamouchi or Former Barnsley head coach Gerhard Struber. 

The problem is that none of Waggott, Pasha or Silvestre are fit to lead a managerial search.

Christiansen is managing the Panama national team and Struber is at New York City so neither will be targeted by Venky cheapskates.

• Like 2

Venkys search for a new manager never amounts to more than a call to their favourite agency asking who they've got looking for a job. They employ about as much due diligence as most people would to finding a new cleaner.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

I think appointing Dyche and spending big money on his wages would be the smallest gamble we would ever take as a club in getting us back to the promise land; this would be a head over heart decision:

1.  I think he would be mega motivated to take us back to the Prem, the way Burnleh have treated him.

2.  He has a track record of success from a limited budget.

3.  He is the closest thing to a dead cert of achieving promotion - £7m investment to reap over £100m in reward.

If we are serious about promotion we need a Dyche, Wilder, Cooper not another low level punt.  Do I think this is a possibility with Venkys? Absolutely not, but it would be the most sensible decision they have ever made.

And that's the type of thinking that Rovers should be seriously considering. For the last 11/12 years they have cheaped out on the managerial position and its cost them everytime. 

I can't believe they still haven't realised that it's a crucial appointment and getting the cheapest you can find rarely works out. 

I can't imagine Venkys will change now and I'm 99.5% certain our next manager will be represented by HSH.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

The problem is that none of Waggott, Pasha or Silvestre are fit to lead a managerial search.

Christiansen is managing the Panama national team and Struber is at New York City so neither will be targeted by Venky cheapskates.

See I don't agree with the first bit as they are more than capable to run and lead the next managerial search but it all comes down what the owners do as we seen before. 

Christiansen's contract finished in 2 months time actually

3 hours ago, alcd said:

Venkys search for a new manager never amounts to more than a call to their favourite agency asking who they've got looking for a job. They employ about as much due diligence as most people would to finding a new cleaner.

that's has been a problem with past appointments

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

See I don't agree with the first bit as they are more than capable to run and lead the next managerial search but it all comes down what the owners do as we seen before. 

that's has been a problem with past appointments

How have you possibly come to that conclusion?

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

How have you possibly come to that conclusion?

Pasha has been here for years in the background for 6 years and 9 months. 

Steve Waggott has been football CEO at 4 different football league clubs 

Ian Silvester has worked in football for over 15 years. Almost 6 years at Liverpool and nearly 10 years here. So he has plenty of footballing experience

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ian Silvester has worked in football for over 15 years. Almost 6 years at Liverpool and nearly 10 years here. So he has plenty of footballing experience

Doesn't mean that they are competent. Owen Coyle has been a football manager for nearly 20 years.

I wonder if it says on Pasha's CV, worked "in the background."

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Doesn't mean that they are competent. Owen Coyle has been a football manager for nearly 20 years.

I wonder if it says on Pasha's CV, worked "in the background."

Pasha's CV is on LinkedIn

Waggott and Silvester have worked long enough in football to run a proper managerial search  

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Try nearly 11 years including working with the agent who can not be named in the shadows

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Waggot can't organise ticket sales without making a pig's ear out of it.

What gives you the slightest bit of confidence that he can source an adequate manager?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Waggot can't organise ticket sales without making a pig's ear out of it.

What gives you the slightest bit of confidence that he can source an adequate manager?

I have this before. 

He has been a Football CEO of 4 football league clubs so he will have appoint new managers during that time. 

If you don't think he can fine enough. 

47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have this before. 

He has been a Football CEO of 4 football league clubs so he will have appoint new managers during that time. 

If you don't think he can fine enough. 

Which clubs has he been CEO of and what appointments has he been responsible for?

Steve Kean has been the manager of 4 clubs it doesn't make him a competent manager. 

What has he done in 4.5 years as CEO to have earned confidence? 

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 2