BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Peterborough Utd (a) - 15/4/22

44 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

1-1 I reckon.

Another wrong set up by Mowbray, an abject first 45mins followed by some half time changes and Dack to climb off the bench and rescue a point.

I honestly think the attitude of “Dackys coming on shortly, he will score for us.” is part of our problem. I’d rather we played him in the first half and took him off at half time. 

• Like 7

No reason at all he can't start with Dack and Brereton on Saturday now.

So what if one can't do more than 1 half or even if there is a need to take one off before. We are after the top 6 ffs not trying to nurse players so they can toddle off somewhere else in summer.

He really could be the difference and surely trying to hang on in the second half is preferable to trying to get back into it.

20 minutes ago, tomphil said:

No reason at all he can't start with Dack and Brereton on Saturday now.

So what if one can't do more than 1 half or even if there is a need to take one off before. We are after the top 6 ffs not trying to nurse players so they can toddle off somewhere else in summer.

He really could be the difference and surely trying to hang on in the second half is preferable to trying to get back into it.

Shame their won't be anyone else playing 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WacoRover said:

I wish I knew what y’all know… why are some so sure of this? 

@OldEwoodBluehas been consistent with his view for weeks now.

I pray nightly that his predictions come to fruition.

It doesn't get rid of our 'ownership' but does remove one of their useless by-products.

If the next cheap past it managerial appointment is just as useless but a bit less annoying it will be a positive.

That is how fecked up Rovers are.

IMO

• Like 2

It's down to the players. They've got to show the fight & desire. We didn't do enough against Blackpool. Leave it all on the pitch otherwise there's nobody else they can blame but themselves. I think they've got it within them. Technically they're better than this Peterborough side, we should have more than them. It's going to come down to who wants it more.

4 minutes ago, JoeH said:

It's down to the players. They've got to show the fight & desire. We didn't do enough against Blackpool. Leave it all on the pitch otherwise there's nobody else they can blame but themselves. I think they've got it within them. Technically they're better than this Peterborough side, we should have more than them. It's going to come down to who wants it more.

When did you last see a Rovers game were you thought we’d given 110% and “ we’d left it all on the pitch “ ? It’s not what we do any more. We don’t out enthuse teams even if we win.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

You can pinpoint many a fault with this bunch of players, but before Saturday a lack of work-rate wasn’t one of them…

It takes us all our time to put 45 minutes in. I think the problem is that it’s been so long since we had a battling Rovers team most people have forgotten what that looks like.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It takes us all our time to put 45 minutes in. I think the problem is that it’s been so long since we had a battling Rovers team most people have forgotten what that looks like.

Thats because they aren’t very good and are managed by a pound shop Pep that confuses the hell out of the lot of them, not that they haven’t been putting shifts in.

• Like 2

Oh I agree, as I posted on Saturday night, for the first time it was painfully obvious that the belief and workrate had gone, in some ways it’s a testament to the players that they’d maintained belief for so long after months of muddled tactics and accompanied terrible results.

22 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We need to winning this game 

This is the way I would set up before I heard any team news

Kaminski

Nyambe  Lenihan  Van Hecke  Pickering

Travis  Edun

Dolan              Buckley       Brereton Diaz

Gallagher

I would play Dack and BBD from the start, and Giles supplying the crosses.We must be the worst team in the Championship with corners.I have been to all but 2 of the home games, and can't remember us scoring off a corner.On the other hand the opposition get plenty of corners from rovers and score now and again.å⅕+

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Oh I agree, as I posted on Saturday night, for the first time it was painfully obvious that the belief and workrate had gone, in some ways it’s a testament to the players that they’d maintained belief for so long after months of muddled tactics and accompanied terrible results.

The similar muddled tactics that have been used to try to get fans buying tickets.

Against a local(ish) rival and still with plenty to play for how can these so called professionals lose belief and their workrate suffer? 

Surely it can only be due to lack of belief and faith in the manager and his coaching staff.

Even so I find it inexcusable.

The remaining games will show up the players in there true colors. I am not expecting wins every game, just to know they tried their very best.

If Dack and Brereton dont start and/or if a left footer plays right wing having already proven he can't do it I will certainly question Mowbrays motives and desire.

I am so tired of Rovers being Mowbrays play thing and deeply bored with those amongst us who cannot see the truth or, as I suspect, argue just for the sake of it.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Against a local(ish) rival and still with plenty to play for how can these so called professionals lose belief and their workrate suffer? 

Surely it can only be due to lack of belief and faith in the manager and his coaching staff.

Even so I find it inexcusable.

The remaining games will show up the players in there true colors. I am not expecting wins every game, just to know they tried their very best.

If Dack and Brereton dont start and/or if a left footer plays right wing having already proven he can't do it I will certainly question Mowbrays motives and desire.

I am so tired of Rovers being Mowbrays play thing and deeply bored with those amongst us who cannot see the truth or, as I suspect, argue just for the sake of it.

Once you step over that white line you’re playing for the team but you’re also playing for yourself and everything that entails. Will to win, self respect, pride in your own performance, just sheer bloody mindedness, they should take over. It doesn’t matter what the rest of the team are doing, that’s down to them.  Never mind that the manager is a prick, you should be out there to win and you should be busting a gut to get that win.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, J*B said:

I honestly think the attitude of “Dackys coming on shortly, he will score for us.” is part of our problem. I’d rather we played him in the first half and took him off at half time. 

I am not sure that this is the attitude. The problem is that if he starts and we aren't winning at half time and he gets subbed off, that would provoke a natural feeling of frustration. In theory he is more likely to score in a second half when other players are tiring.

I would like to see him start on Friday but I suspect that he won't.