BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Peterborough Utd (a) - 15/4/22

2 minutes ago, all you need is duff said:

The big difference for me in the second half of the season is the midfield. Travis, Rothwell and Buckley were an excellent midfield trio before Christmas. Travis has probably gone from the weakest link in that trio to the strongest as the team’s form has dipped. Rothwell has been less dominant since January and Buckley is struggling to have the same impact and although Mowbray and analysts will tell us he was a false 9 when we were on a winning streak, my perception is that his average position was deeper than it has been since January. First half today the defence had to go direct because a central midfielder was not giving a viable alternative. Buckley and Rothwell’s decline has also led to us not pressing as effectively 

Can't disagree with that and the Buckley thing has been a recurring error since it stopped working. Most would have dropped Rothwell and tried Bucko in what looks a more natural position for him.  Or today start with Johnson if you want to beef things up in there.  I think he's just gone down the route of thinking oh we are playing bottom of the league a weak side so i'll try Edun in the middle. 

Made a stuttering midfield even weaker, Gallagher wide right has rarely ever contributed anything to attack yet there we go again same old same old. 

• Like 4

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Don't understand the above post. Half of the debt has accrued under Mowbray's insipid five and a bit years in charge.

Why is that Kean's or anyone else's fault?

Because it all began with Kean and co. I don't know how you missed that, it was quite possibly one of the most well documented and most despicable things ever to happen to the club. Just google Ruben Rochina.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, booth said:

The big difference for me is we had a few players out so TM decided to completely fuck with the team rather than just swap like for like and bring in some cover for BBD. Then he forgot what made them successful in the first place. He did pretty much the same last season. His persistence in playing Gallagher means that most of the time we're playing with ten men.

I think the “like for like” made him sign Hedges and Giles instead of a striker as he wanted “wide forwards”, not centre forwards. He ended up just signing non scoring wingers. The wide forwards thing only looks like working when Brereton is one of them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, all you need is duff said:

I think the “like for like” made him sign Hedges and Giles instead of a striker as he wanted “wide forwards”, not centre forwards. He ended up just signing non scoring wingers. The wide forwards thing only looks like working when Brereton is one of them.

I was meaning in matches where someone goes off injured, instead of just replacing them with a similar player, he'll swap it all around. He'll stick Giles on the other side and someone less suited where Giles was. Then the next match comes along and Giles on the other side is the new normal.

• Like 2

And that is why there is never a plan B because there is no target man and central striker in the entire club. In a league like the Championship it's a bit ridiculous. Don't forget we had Ayala in there not long ago and last week Gallagher played more central first half and like er....scored.

So what happens a week later ?

• Like 5

5 hours ago, matt83 said:

It was more give him the summer let’s see what he can do. Nothing happens…Can’t possibly sack a manager 10 games into the new season give him to Christmas…it would be crazy to sack a manager with all the important fixtures round Xmas let’s see what he can do in January…players need time to bed in let’s see where we are at Easter. Then dolloping around the usual 11th-15th zone of terror…only 5-10 games left would be pointless to sack him now…let’s see what he can do in the summer.

Repeat. 

And that's paraphrasing just 1 poster from this MB!

The LET paywall failed ....

''The gap to the play-off spots, after Sheffield United were beaten at home by Reading, remains at two points but means Rovers have taken just 11 points from their last 14 matches.

Yet Mowbray said: “I’m not really interested, it’s about the team trying to win football matches and we didn’t manage to do that.''

Was it really pointed out to him that we had taken 11 points from 14 games and he replied like that?

Even for Mowbray that's taking the piss to a new level.

Naturally he goes on to throw the 'young' team under the bus.

This individual has no shame, no honour and no self awareness.

• Like 9

27 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

Had Mowbray been fired a month ago, there's a high chance we'd be sitting comfortably in the playoffs now. Any on hand owner or legitimate CEO would have taken the warning signs from last year and said no thanks, this isn't happening again. 

Terrible ownership, a terrible boardroom and a total lack of interest, epitomised weekly by the manager. No plan, no passion and no expectations.

Overall we've become a largely non competitive football club, that is making no sustainable progress. If your owners can't back you when 2nd then you might as well give up, they are rotten and have been since day one.

Something else that's totally unforgivable are the signings in January, whoever was responsible for Hedges, Zeefuik and Giles should have their contract terminated right away, same applies to whoever was responsible for failing to recognise what was really needed.

Ultimately a lot of this falls on Waggott, who is failing the fans, mistake after mistake made by departments and management without any change or consequence. They all need to go but If Mowbray's in charge of the next fixture it will be an even bigger farce than it already is.

Waggott is paid by Venkys but appointed by Mowbray and works as a Mowbray Minder.

The club is corrupt from the top down to Mowbray and his appointments. 

• Like 8

For me this is just showing what an over achievement the season had been until we were found out and confidence has dropped week after week.

That said, with the rest of the division except Fulham being so poor there really was an unexpected opportunity.

Recruitment again poor, a team poorly managed but a pretty average Championship team to start with.

Most at the start of the season feared relegation and hoped for mid table. Sad but true.

I don't like the performance, don't like to see such an opportunity slip away but it was inevitable because we all knew recruitment would be poor and we all knew a death spiral would play its part at some stage. Only the continued poor form of others has kept us in the mix but what do we gain from going up anyway. This team would get murdered in the Premier league and do we trust the owners to invest then? Do we trust the owners to find an alternative to Tony? 

It's bad enough in the Championship but seeing us ripped to pieces in the Premier League on these foundations is a nightmare I couldn't live through.

I could go on but this is the reality of the club and so it will remain this way for years to come.

"I'm not really interested"

"We'll end up where we'll end up"

Everything that is wrong with Tony Mowbray in two quotes from the post match press conference today.

He stumbled across a winning formula at the start of the season up to Xmas - albeit in trying circumstances, which in fairness deserves some credit - but he is then too pigheaded/naieve/stupid/incompetant etc etc to follow it through to the end of the season and ensure we get play offs as an absolute minimum.

It's so utterly heart breaking as well as it's highly unlikely we'll be in this position again anytime soon with our wretched owners. 

7 minutes ago, Miker said:

If we played Buckley in midfield instead of Edun and Dolan or Dack in that false 9 role, we would have won last night. 

Edun hasn’t played for weeks so he brings him into the starting 11? Mental.

I didn't understand the Edun move either. Typical off the wall Mowbray pick. Johnson was twice as effective when he came on and should have started the game. 

Buckley's confidence is shot to pieces - not surprising since he's played in out of position most of the time. Mowbray is ruining a lad who could be a very good player

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Silas said:

And in 4 months we'll be playing without at least 6 of the errr...good/better/less crap players of the squad. 

Imagine what those stats could look like then?

Imagine the goals for column when we lose our key attacking threats? We're bobbins at hitting the net now! 

It's really depressing me. 

Honestly, they're not very good players. They're all eminently replaceable with the right manager / scouting network.

I get there early enough every match to watch them warm up at Ewood - the general standard of skill is a far cry from what it used to be. Success in the Championship is all about blood, thunder and organisation. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

I didn't understand the Edun move either. Typical off the wall Mowbray pick. Johnson was twice as effective when he came on and should have started the game. 

Buckley's confidence is shot to pieces - not surprising since he's played in out of position most of the time. Mowbray is ruining a lad who could be a very good player

Only player at this club who is genuinely capable of false 9 to any great effect is Bradley Dack, who was left on the bench again. That is not starting with your best team when you are desperate for goals and wins and have a genuine top 6 aim. 

I understand the need to man manage him back to fitness but 45 mins is 45 mins whether it is from the off or not. His knee doesn't just unseize itself at 3-45 on a Saturday afternoon he does all the pre-match warm ups etc with the subs. Get the man on and start with the strongest side especially against opposition like Blackpool and Posh.

Surely it's better to try and get a few goals to the good as soon as possible then make subs to see games out ?

It is indeed  just typical stuff from this manager he's a cop out merchant.

• Like 1

Jesus christ, I just looked at the table. We are beyond lucky to still be this close to the playoffs at this stage after the horrendous form we have shown for quite some time now. 2 points away, 3 at worst if Boro win their game in hand. How?

Every shite result we have in which we somehow don't fall away from the pack only exacerbates my frustration at how abysmal this run has been. Just bang average form would have seen us probably in 3rd with an outside chance of finishing 2nd. But it has been piss poor, for ages. Even just holding onto the win today and it would still have somehow been entirely in our hands.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Jesus christ, I just looked at the table. We are beyond lucky to still be this close to the playoffs at this stage after the horrendous form we have shown for quite some time now. 2 points away, 3 at worst if Boro win their game in hand. How?

Every shite result we have in which we somehow don't fall away from the pack only exacerbates my frustration at how abysmal this run has been. Just bang average form would have seen us probably in 3rd with an outside chance of finishing 2nd. But it has been piss poor, for ages. Even just holding onto the win today and it would still have somehow been entirely in our hands.

Exactly, all cogent Rovers fans know enough not to expect a win every time. But to lose to the dross of the division, is simply inexcusable. Bristol, @Reading, @Coventry, & Blackpool, all points we dropped that were winnable. At least 8 pts, just pissed away. 

5 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Tony Mowbray, professional dick head.

Fixed it for you, based on AllRoverAsia's apposite observations:

''The gap to the play-off spots, after Sheffield United were beaten at home by Reading, remains at two points but means Rovers have taken just 11 points from their last 14 matches.

Yet Mowbray said: “I’m not really interested, it’s about the team trying to win football matches and we didn’t manage to do that.''

Was it really pointed out to him that we had taken 11 points from 14 games and he replied like that?

Edited by Guest
I might know 'nothing about football' (cheers Gav!) but I care about my football team. Rovers till I die! Scumbag incompetent lying cheating leaches OUT!!

6 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The LET paywall failed ....

I have now looked/listened to his interview and in fairness, as I'm quick enough to criticise, he did not say 'I'm not really interested'' to any question relating to 11 points in 14 games.

It was in response to a mention that other teams were also dropping points/losing and basically he wasn't interested in others as its up to us to win games. 

Deliberately, which I doubt, or otherwise the LT did a number on him.

What he did do was bang on about our 'young' players.

Of those who started the game the youngest were 21, two loan players Van Hecke and Giles.

Buckley is 22, he rest 23 up to 29. 

Start team average age just a little over 24.

Is that young?

Apart from Edun the players contracted to Rovers all have plenty of matches to their credit.

He had another pop at match officials, as usual whilst claiming he saw no point in doing so, claiming we had 25 free kicks given against us in the 1st half and Posh only 2. Match stats can fact check that as complete bollocks. I think he mouths off so much about match officials that it works against us.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2