BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Peterborough Utd (a) - 15/4/22

The collapse in form with just 11 points from 42 is staggering … even by Mowbray standards. As has been pointed out, even average form of about 20 points would see us comfortably in the play off mix. It’s hard to conceive that it was deliberate by the management but perhaps it is. The lack of significant signings in January. It’s hard not to conclude the club does not want promotion. 

• Like 2

Mowbray didn't just say he's not interested,  he also went on to say:

“I fully understand as a football coach and manager of a football team that every time you don’t win you can get scrutinised and the world is full of people who would have played someone in a different position, played a different team or done something different.

“That’s okay, I’m pretty sure most managers take no notice of other people’s opinions, but we are the guys that stand on the side and if you don’t win enough matches then you lose your job.”

That's clearly a big fuck off to the fans, he doesn't care what we think simple as that. He's GOT to be acting like a twat on purpose, there's no other explanation. 

The bit about getting sacked as well? Not really true is it Tony or you'd be long gone.

You really can grow to hate people and its rapidly heading towards that.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, WacoRover said:

Exactly, all cogent Rovers fans know enough not to expect a win every time. But to lose to the dross of the division, is simply inexcusable. Bristol, @Reading, @Coventry, & Blackpool, all points we dropped that were winnable. At least 8 pts, just pissed away. 

The truth in the cold light of day WacoRover is that we are simply not good enough for promotion and it damn well hurts to say.

We all thought we had a chance but to fall away like we have done tells its own sorry story about the Manager and player attitudes and the will to succeed....it's been a shit show since the new year.

This Managers comments at times leave us fuming!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Upside Down said:

It doesn't take much convincing, some people think Venkys are irreplaceable.

The hardest thing to deal with for me is the total detachment from reality that a section of our fanbase has.

Bang on. It’ll be one of the main reasons I’ll do my best to have a sabbatical from following us if Mowbray is here next season. 

7 hours ago, Ulrich said:

How close is TM to breaking his own post war record set last season of 2 wins in 17 matches?

It would be fitting now we look out of the picture that he leaves on a high 👍

Close. 4 matches left, so if we fail to win the lot then he’ll break his own post war record. His Rovers record breaking hall of shame is quite something. 

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Jesus christ, I just looked at the table. We are beyond lucky to still be this close to the playoffs at this stage after the horrendous form we have shown for quite some time now. 2 points away, 3 at worst if Boro win their game in hand. How?

The pack behind us is growing ever closer though. I genuinely think we may end up 12th.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

If he does stay, and there’s nothing in his comments that strikes me as any different than his usual late season shoulder shrugging, then it’s obviously not ‘certain’ we go down next season. Yes, some fairly average and not arsed players will go, but some loans will come in and back to the usual grind we go.

Every chance of more of the same form, I.e pattern of decent runs and disastrous death spirals, but probably without the bizarre November/December surge, so we’ll be more like 2020/21 and fall from 7th to 18th instead of 2nd to 10th.

If he was under contract for next season, he’d be here in August, regardless of results, simple as that - the complicating factor is the fact his deal is about to expire, but I still foresee a rolling contract of sorts being signed.

Edited by Mattyblue

36 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

The truth in the cold light of day WacoRover is that we are simply not good enough for promotion and it damn well hurts to say.

We all thought we had a chance but to fall away like we have done tells its own sorry story about the Manager and player attitudes and the will to succeed....it's been a shit show since the new year.

This Managers comments at times leave us fuming!

I can't agree with this D, we've both witnessed New Year capitulations in our time, a staple down at Ewood in 1980's. The only difference is we had people that cared about the club running the club, we had players on the books, players on contracts, backroom staff and a tea lady. These days we have absent owners, players who have no affiliation to the club, contract rebels and no tea lady, this collapse was always on the cards.

This was only going to end one way, the only positive is we're not fighting relegation right now as many predicted, but I'm sure even thats bittersweet for many.

The manor of that defeat yesterday was almost as bad as being relegated at Brentford for me, he should have been fired straight after the game.....

Edited by Gav

2 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Can it get any worse, how about playing a friendly against chorley reserves final score chorley reserves 4 rovers 0.

Is this true? If so, when did it happen, what was the Rovers team and WTF were we thinking about with only a few games to go to the end of this weird and wacky rollercoaster season? I know some rollercoasters have loooooonnnnnnnggg down-stretches, but come on, isn't it about time we got back either onto the level (so we can get off) or start another climb towards a knuckle-whitening, nerve-shredding pinnacle?

I can't help but think in years to come we will still be scratching our heads at just how spectacularly we have royally fu*ked up this season. It is absolutely staggering!!

It is an achievement to have been as bad as what we have been since Christmas. I will say it until I'm Blue in the face, Fulham good  ... EVERYBODY else easily beatable. We can say this squad isn't good enough to get in the play offs, neither are anybody else except maybe Bournemouth.

We have lacked any craft from the coaching squad for the last month or so, and guts from the team. Both are equally as unforgivable!!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Close. 4 matches left, so if we fail to win the lot then he’ll break his own post war record. His Rovers record breaking hall of shame is quite something. 

The pack behind us is growing ever closer though. I genuinely think we may end up 12th.

How about a tactical move mowbray for dyke a kick in the teeth for the dingles.

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

It’s hard to conceive that it was deliberate by the management but perhaps it is.

I used to believe that kind of stuff during the Kean era, when the likes of Bradley Orr and Leon Best were signed but not now. I think we had a great run of form when we had all our best players on the pitch.

Rothwell, Brereton and Khadra I don’t think have played together for maybe 8 games?

Edited by ChrisyG
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Mowbray didn't just say he's not interested,  he also went on to say:

“I fully understand as a football coach and manager of a football team that every time you don’t win you can get scrutinised and the world is full of people who would have played someone in a different position, played a different team or done something different.

“That’s okay, I’m pretty sure most managers take no notice of other people’s opinions, but we are the guys that stand on the side and if you don’t win enough matches then you lose your job.”

That's clearly a big fuck off to the fans, he doesn't care what we think simple as that. He's GOT to be acting like a twat on purpose, there's no other explanation. 

The bit about getting sacked as well? Not really true is it Tony or you'd be long gone.

You really can grow to hate people and its rapidly heading towards that.

Pretty sure he got this petty and came out with some snide remarks during last seasons 2nd half of season collapse?

He’s come out with numerous incendiary comments over the years particularly when he knows he’s falling short. I wish I’d have compiled a list of all the ridiculous, at times Kean esque, things he comes out with for when people need reminding after a couple of wins what a bellend he is. 

14 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

There was plenty of booing at half-time and I didn't stay long enough to hear any Mowbray out chants at the final whistle but there were alot of unhappy fans when that 2nd goal went in. 

I find it staggering to be honest when people can't see what's staring them in the face 

In the area I was standing there was for the first time a lot of supporters sick of Mowbray and that continued on the way out most felt the time for change had come.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

In the area I was standing there was for the first time a lot of supporters sick of Mowbray and that continued on the way out most felt the time for change had come.

Where I was there were quite a few 'get behind team' types who were clearly looking to argue with anybody who had the temerity to criticise Mowbray or any players. But on Peterborough station and on the train after the game it was pretty unanimous that he has run his course and needs to go.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

It's the only thing that will get the supporters back through the turnstiles, get rid of clueless mowbray. Just when you thought it could'nt get any worse along come bottom of the table peterboro.Darwen reserves could have beaten them.If it weren't for BBDs goals we would be fighting relegation.The rest of these useless flops want to hang there heads in shame.I will be there monday against stoke, you will find me with the rest of the crowd chanting Mowbray out !

• Like 2