BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Peterborough Utd (a) - 15/4/22

47 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

In the area I was standing there was for the first time a lot of supporters sick of Mowbray and that continued on the way out most felt the time for change had come.

It feels like that where I sit at Ewood Park in Blackburn End that its time for a change cos Mowbray hasn't got us promoted to PL despite being backed with money for transfer fees and wages. 

9 minutes ago, booth said:

There was one bloke on Facebook trying to start arguments with everyone last night. He finally gave up.

Doesn't surprised me that tbh. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'd advise people not to sing the 'Mowbray had a dream' at games. I expect he and Waggott will be using that as evidence the fanbase are still behind him for the owners to look at.

When did the owners ever listen to Fans opinions? 

I don't see Waggott or Mowbray telling the owners anything tbh. Pasha will talk to the owners not them

2 hours ago, ChrisyG said:

I used to believe that kind of stuff during the Kean era, when the likes of Bradley Orr and Leon Best were signed but not now. I think we had a great run of form when we had all our best players on the pitch.

Rothwell, Brereton and Khadra I don’t think have played together for maybe 8 games?

I don’t think it’s about the players. It’s clear the winning run surprised the management as much as the fans. In truth it probably frightened them because the prospect of promotion became a real possibility, and that would upset their cosy lives bumbling along earning a good living in the middle of the championship. The glare of publicity of the Premier League would have ended that.

The lack of meaningful business in January was telling and a pointer to the club’s true intentions. The management does not want BRFC to win promotion. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Got in from Peterborough about 10p.m. last night and was too annoyed to post in full. Had a great day out in good company on a coach with darrenrover and Darwen Blues although unfortunately I joked with him before the day, "Should be a good day apart from the football" and predictably that's how it panned out although they seem to have come up with even more new ways to let us down - no-one could have predicted that precise sequence of events and even I thought we'd got out of jail and would live to fight another day when we went one up with 12 minutes to go.

The result aside, a couple of things struck me about yesterday before the goals. Edun was given yellow cards for two relatively innocuous incidents then in the second half a Peterborough player cleaned out Dack from behind but didn't even get a yellow. Any normal engaged manager would have gone absolutely ballistic and been in the ear of the 4th official but Mowbray just continued mooching around his technical area without a flicker of emotion and the disinterested air of a man who'd have rather been anywhere else in the world on that sunny Easter Friday afternoon.

Then, with the scores still at 0-0, Buckley was substituted and did the Tugay walk off at the pace of an arthritic snail. Now that would be fine if you're three up but surely if you're drawing and desperately need the three points or losing, any self respecting professional would sprint off the field. I think there's something badly wrong behind the scenes and the culture of doing the bare minimum absolutely stinks.

To be fair, Dack looked absolutely devastated at the end, he was so distraught he had to be helped off the pitch. Van Hecke also looked very upset, the rest of them came sheepishly over to applaud the travelling fans, some of whom were booing but most of whom I think showed considerable restraint in all the circumstances of eleven points from fourteen games from second position and a second last gasp capitulation in three games.

Three hundred and sixty minutes. Counting down the seconds to the departure of Mowbray and his backroom staff who have been stinking the place out in the second half of the season. Permanent recruitment is also dire, they all need to go and we need a completely fresh start and a sense of optimism.

In the extremely unlikely event Mowbray is handed any sort of new deal I don't think I'll be back again until he is gone, I simply couldn't justify the purchase of another season ticket and wasting yet more hours of my time under those circumstances.

If he’s given another contract it will be a season too far for me. I took “ leave of absence “ when they appointed Coyle and to be honest I felt a lot better for it. There’s the normal ups and downs of following a football team and there’s the un remitting misery of a Mowbray death spiral. No more ! Either he goes or I go.

• Like 6

• Moderation Lead
8 hours ago, WacoRover said:

I disagree with calling Mowbray names, or making fun of him. I don’t know him personally. He just needs to go, and it’s past time for that to happen. 

It’s not ideal, but to be fair, people are quite rightly very irritated that we were second and comfortable, now we are outside the play offs, on a wretched run and couldn’t buy a win.

9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Got in from Peterborough about 10p.m. last night and was too annoyed to post in full. Had a great day out in good company on a coach with darrenrover and Darwen Blues although unfortunately I joked with him before the day, "Should be a good day apart from the football" and predictably that's how it panned out although they seem to have come up with even more new ways to let us down - no-one could have predicted that precise sequence of events and even I thought we'd got out of jail and would live to fight another day when we went one up with 12 minutes to go.

The result aside, a couple of things struck me about yesterday before the goals. Edun was given yellow cards for two relatively innocuous incidents then in the second half a Peterborough player cleaned out Dack from behind but didn't even get a yellow. Any normal engaged manager would have gone absolutely ballistic and been in the ear of the 4th official but Mowbray just continued mooching around his technical area without a flicker of emotion and the disinterested air of a man who'd have rather been anywhere else in the world on that sunny Easter Friday afternoon.

Then, with the scores still at 0-0, Buckley was substituted and did the Tugay walk off at the pace of an arthritic snail. Now that would be fine if you're three up but surely if you're drawing and desperately need the three points or losing, any self respecting professional would sprint off the field. I think there's something badly wrong behind the scenes and the culture of doing the bare minimum absolutely stinks.

To be fair, Dack looked absolutely devastated at the end, he was so distraught he had to be helped off the pitch. Van Hecke also looked very upset, the rest of them came sheepishly over to applaud the travelling fans, some of whom were booing but most of whom I think showed considerable restraint in all the circumstances of eleven points from fourteen games from second position and a second last gasp capitulation in three games.

Three hundred and sixty minutes. Counting down the seconds to the departure of Mowbray and his backroom staff who have been stinking the place out in the second half of the season. Permanent recruitment is also dire, they all need to go and we need a completely fresh start and a sense of optimism.

In the extremely unlikely event Mowbray is handed any sort of new deal I don't think I'll be back again until he is gone, I simply couldn't justify the purchase of another season ticket and wasting yet more hours of my time under those circumstances.

I walked out the ground before the end I was so disgusted …. And I’ve never done that in 60 years watching football 

Reflecting on the game Peterborough deserved their win. We were abysmal throughout the 90 minutes and apart from the Brereton goal and Gallagher,s snap shot we never tested their keeper once while they could have gone in at half time two or three up

The worst thing was that after Brereton’s unlikely goal we could not defend for 10 minutes and see the game out. The capitulation was horrible to watch and yet somehow you knew it was going to happen

At the end of the day we have to face the fact that Rovers are a very ordinary team with a poor manager, and the good run before Christmas was a complete aberration 

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

I walked out the ground before the end I was so disgusted …. And I’ve never done that in 60 years watching football 

Reflecting on the game Peterborough deserved their win. We were abysmal throughout the 90 minutes and apart from the Brereton goal and Gallagher,s snap shot we never tested their keeper once while they could have gone in at half time two or three up

The worst thing was that after Brereton’s unlikely goal we could not defend for 10 minutes and see the game out. The capitulation was horrible to watch and yet somehow you knew it was going to happen

At the end of the day we have to face the fact that Rovers are a very ordinary team with a poor manager, and the good run before Christmas was a complete aberration 

I think we knew that at the time Jim.

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

A very ordinary team created by a poor manager. With some decent signings in January, implemented correctly we could have been promoted automatically (when you look at how other teams have dropped points).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, booth said:

A very ordinary team created by a poor manager. With some decent signings in January, implemented correctly we could have been promoted automatically (when you look at how other teams have dropped points).

Yes agree. We needed another good forward, possibly 2. Brereton’s injury would have been covered, the donkey Gallagher permanently replaced and Dack not rushed back. Speaking of Dack he’s nowhere near ready, he might as well not have been on the pitch yesterday

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 5

41 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Fair play to you guys, going all that way, knowing the football would ruin the day.

I spoke to Darren Rover before and after the Blackpool game and we were both in agreement that Mowbray’s race is run.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

My WhatsApp Rovers group that is staunchly pro-TM certainly wasn’t last night… though it was the same in the horror run last season and they all did a reverse ferret over the summer….

Most don't actually want to turn on the guy because hes done some decent things but there comes a time when the obvious is staring everybody in the face.

Iv'e said this over and over that Rovers fans despite what gets spouted on here and SM at times are one of the most tolerant, patient crowds around. Yet when Ewood finally turns it turns big style but we aren't in a relegation battle so you can understand reluctance to have a go.

The real problem is the little cartel inside the club that Mowbray has been allowed to create for himself. One really bad start to a season under this fella - and it will come - and we have a Steve Kean mk2 situation make no mistake.

Fans need to pray to whatever god they are bound by that the guy himself has had enough and is off somewhere, anywhere.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Is Darrenrover still of the opinion that big change is happening at Rovers and matters are on the up?

I think that might have been Roverite, who I am sure will advise if that’s the case,

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It looked to me that Dack did damage to his left knee in that final challenge with the defender. I suspect his "devastation" relates to that rather than disappoint with the result. If he's not in the squad for Monday fear the worst. 

20 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am livid and annoyed tonight. This performance was simply not good enough for most of the game.

Brereton took his chance well and scored.

Defensively we were bloody awful. It is now acceptable and whether it back 5 or back 4 we are so open and no leadership on the pitch or from Mowbray on the touchline. After we scored we should be defending for our lives and keeping it solid as rock. If we had this we win that game and are 6th in the league. Instead we are wide open and lose. Now 8th. Our Defence was solid as rock during our winning/unbeaten spell but now our defence is wide open and I could drive a London Bus through those gaps.

This form is simple unacceptable and our playoffs hope have gone now.

We need to start thinking of next season and who we will appoint as Mowbray's replacement. We need someone who knows what the club means like Ainsworth or find the next Steve Cooper someone like Ryan Mason or Jason Wilcox.

What on earth does "someone who knows what the club means" actually mean? Generic nonsense. For a start, Ainsworth has never worked at Rovers under Venkys so he doesn't know the club works. We should strive for someone to get the best possible results, they will soon get to "know what the club means" and like at any club, the thing that makes people happy is success.

You are also throwing random names in of people that you can't possibly know what they would be like as managers or even whether they want to be managers. I can't fathom why any Rovers fan would specifically suggest Ryan Mason for example, it is such a bizarre and random shout.

19 hours ago, J*B said:

I just hope that when this does go wrong again, which it will, because nothing is perfect, people realise that this consistent “support the team” doesn’t help in the bigger picture. Tony Mowbray has successfully managed to distort fans minds into thinking this is as good as it gets, or it is inevitable, or Blackburn Rovers don’t have a right to compete. He has brainwashed you and you’ve allowed it to happen. Do not fall for this shite again. 

Brainwashing? Behave. You will get certain fans at every club who will refuse to acknowledge anything but the positives, and in extreme cases, will spout the usual spiel about supporting the lads and the usual superfan nonsense.

This is not some sort of manipulative ploy by Mowbray as an individual.

18 hours ago, J*B said:

We had the highest budget in the history of League 1. It’s not an achievement, it’s expected. 

Thats nonsense and just takes away from genuine criticisms when you are displaying an unwillingness to praise him when he does get something right or does something well. I feel like unfortunately, somewhat understandably due to the way our season has gone and the emotion, this messageboard is full of over the top rubbish (unfavourable comparisons to genuinely awful managers, the thing with Mowbray is that he has been average, never threatening to take us close to the bottom or indeed to the top for very long) and of an unwillingness to credit him even when we win or when he gets something right, the Derby game another good example. If City win the Premier League, does Pep get no credit because he has the highest budget and thus it is expected?

The current form also does not prove that it was correct to sack him x years ago either. I was really pissed off when I went to Charlton, not necessarily because of the team selection when it turned out that the absent players were injured, but I didn't like the attitude. But it would have been an irrational, emotional decision to sack him then.

14 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Don't understand the above post. Half of the debt has accrued under Mowbray's insipid five and a bit years in charge.

Why is that Kean's or anyone else's fault?

Has anything come from the exciting yet cryptic meetings earlier in the season regarding Venkys and their plans?