BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (a) - 25/4/22

5 hours ago, Ossydave said:

I think I'll decide after the results on Saturday if I'll go or not. If the teams around us all win I'll not bother. It's not like it'll be difficult to get a ticket as we're faced with out lowest following for some time given a culmination of reasons.

The tombola needs a massive spin regardless. If it's a nothing game which I expect, play some of the players who'll actually be here next season. Vale, Dack and Hedges should get a run out.

I agree on all three (if fit), and particularly, Vale. Play the academy lads. I could take their mistakes, a lot easier than watching Johnson, et. al.

23 hours ago, Miller11 said:

We might be far enough removed from the playoffs for Mowbray to actually change it up for this one. He’ll also be looking for a scapegoat or two, so I wouldn’t be too surprised to see some changes.

I think there’s a chance he moves to a back 4, and a slimmer one the forwards come back inside.

One of our most successful formations this season has been 4-3-3 yet Mowbray sticks with the 3-4-1-2 formation.

Expectations were at an all time low but Mowbray managed 2 defeats over Easter to somehow lower them further.

Fully expecting a disjointed performance and loss. 

I couldn't decide if he will dangle the carrot of hope in this game or the next one but thinking about it, I suspect we won't pick up another point this season. With the amount of players leaving or going back to their clubs, the majority will be in full self protection mode. 

If Mowbray is also off, he has no motivation to do anything other than sit there with his arms folded. 

Countdown is on. 3 to go.

• Like 2

The players were running through brick walls for him and the club and each other even in the early days of the bad run beginning. Since that Derby first half (yes that again) there was a noticeable foot off the gas. Second half the real Rpvers turned up for the last time this season.

Why ?

We could handle a slide away when it's clear we are trying both tactically and physically but blindingly obvious that hasn't been the case recently. That's why people are angry and why this is now being treated like a dead rubber.

If he is doing one then i'd feel better with one of the players in charge for this last 3 starting here. At least someone who can fire them up and salvage a bit of pride.

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

The players were running through brick walls for him and the club and each other even in the early days of the bad run beginning. Since that Derby first half (yes that again) there was a noticeable foot off the gas. Second half the real Rpvers turned up for the last time this season.

Why ?

We could handle a slide away when it's clear we are trying both tactically and physically but blindingly obvious that hasn't been the case recently. That's why people are angry and why this is now being treated like a dead rubber.

That's exactly it. We've completely veered away from what brought us success during that run and I don't get why that is.

Our pressing game has gone, we're standing off the opposition. Stoke were playing it around with ease in the last game. Our defence looks incredibly shaky and we're conceding some comical goals. We looked solid and resolute for two months post Fulham. What has changed so drastically?

It feels like whatever happened at half time in the Derby game has done lasting damage. Would it be surprising if Mowbray has decided to double down and become even more stubborn as a result of the players apparently telling him what's what?  Maybe that's why the last 'real' performance we saw was that second half against Derby.

As for the Preston game, I'm not looking forward to it. This is their cup final, they are always fired up for this and they will be battling from minute one. We won't be, I feel. It's live on Sky and I think it's going to be the final nail in any play off 'hopes'.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

@tomphil You’ve got a fan….

I've been famous on there before 🤣

They've managed to spin it onto away followings in impressive fashion even for them. 'With what's at stake' , like yeah probably 6 points out of it by then.

I remember watching them on a Sat evening live game away at Burnley in the Championship, there was about 800 there.  

On 20/04/2022 at 09:28, TimmyJimmy said:

The most painful job in the world is to be a Rovers supporter. Nailed on loss. Nailed on embarrassment.

Still, I flatter myself that I'm always there to do my bit so I'll stump up again.

We lose, I descend into a deep depression- again. I go home and kick the cat - again. I don't speak to the wife for days - again. I hate everything and everyone- again.

I'm a nice guy and don't like being like that but that's the job of the Rovers supporter.

I'll be there - again, looking forward to it - not.

A miserable 2 nil win for PNE.

Can't be that nice taking it out on an animal, rovers should be taking it out on the opposition.

Nobenders, is it like 80+ years since they won anything at all of any note? What a deluded bunch they are.

I forgot they even existed until the last few years, apart from that time we battered them 6-0 in the league cup.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

1650559418156.png

Hmmm, I like, but Leniham at RB… Would Wharton at LB and Ryambe at RB be better? Either way we are still putting square pegs in round holes to get around the problem of which of the 3 to drop. 

Wouldn’t it be a nice dream to be in a time where we’d just play 442 and everyone know what they doing? 

Does anyone actually know what Hedges real position is ?   The one he allegedly got some compliments from at Aberdeen.

Where are the posters who told us they'd seen him and we were pinching their best player ?

Because it's clear those who signed him and manage him haven't got a damn clue why they did.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, tomphil said:

I've been famous on there before 🤣

They've managed to spin it onto away followings in impressive fashion even for them. 'With what's at stake' , like yeah probably 6 points out of it by then.

I remember watching them on a Sat evening live game away at Burnley in the Championship, there was about 800 there.  

Amazing how they just come out with the exact same stuff on their ‘Plastics’ thread twice a season, just the mere mention of ‘Blackburn Rovers’ is a Pavlovian trigger for them.

And the stuff about the town of Blackburn makes me laugh, like all Rovers fans are living in bed sits up Bank Top and not spread across east Lancs (and shock horror, PR postcodes! 😱)

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Dan said:

Hmmm, I like, but Leniham at RB… Would Wharton at LB and Ryambe at RB be better? Either way we are still putting square pegs in round holes to get around the problem of which of the 3 to drop. 

Wouldn’t it be a nice dream to be in a time where we’d just play 442 and everyone know what they doing? 

It certainly would the old 4-4-2 formation we would actually have strikers up front.