BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

We really need more imaginative people in the marketing dept.

What about a 'saturday only'/non-midweek season ticket option?

Or something like a membership that gives you discounted ticket prices? Pay £40 now, get all tickets for £20 per game on the days you want to go.

Maybe renew your ticket and buy an extra for a non-current ST holder and get 25% off both?

Family tickets, discounted all in price for two adults and two kids buying together?

May not be very fair in all cases but these are just off the top of my head.

£15 club cash? For what? A shirt that may change sponsor half way through the season and may or may not be released before August? There's just no incentives to get bums on seats, and its 6 weeks too late, again.

Edited by Mellor Rover

2 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

We really need more imaginative people in the marketing dept.

What about a 'saturday only'/non-midweek season ticket option?

Or something like a membership that gives you discounted ticket prices? Pay £40 now, get all tickets for £20 per game on the days you want to go.

Maybe renew your ticket and buy an extra for a non-current ST holder and get 25% off both?

Family tickets, discounted all in price for two adults and two kids buying together?

May not be very fair in all cases but these are just off the top of my head.

£15 club cash? For what? A shirt that may change sponsor half way through the season and may or may not be released before August? There's just no incentives to get bums on seats, and its 6 weeks too late, again.

Thats why we need to cull the lot, they cant even get the basics right

• Like 4

Christ, I can't believe much of what I'm reading on here from various posters:

Does anyone firmly believe that anyone is going to get anywhere by publicly coming out with phrases like "We need to cull the lot"!?

I'll leave that thought with you all.....

3 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Christ, I can't believe much of what I'm reading on here from various posters:

Does anyone firmly believe that anyone is going to get anywhere by publicly coming out with phrases like "We need to cull the lot"!?

I'll leave that thought with you all.....

Are we getting anywhere regardless?

1 minute ago, glen9mullan said:

And where have you actually got to?

Fannying around playing their tune, is actually disrespectful to the efforts of many over the last 12 years.

Have you actually spoken to the owners yet? 

I have, and will always say exactly what I think, and fall in the handful of people who has and does have direct contact with the people that own our club.

As stated, and i've already made contact with Balaji Rao in the last hour, these prices are so out of touch 

Perhaps rather than slate supporters opinions, why dont you tell everyone what you know that no-one else can know!!!!!!!

Good for you mate, you crack on your way and I'll cart on with ours, best of luck.

We're all Rovers when all said and done and only want what's best for the club we all love.

4 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I believe so Matty but patience is a virtue!

Another season has gone by since we started hearing all this, no change.

Another set of STs released, no change.

They (whoever they are) need to pull their finger out or there won’t be much left to change…

There is hardly any positive incentives to renew and yet Waggott and the owners charge the same price and want to sting any new applications with a surcharge. Given that inflation is running wild and there is huge pressures on families how on earth do they expect lots of people to renew let alone attract new ones. Factor in the poor form of recent months and a huge scaling back of the squad then what reasons are there to existing and potential new season ticket who to commit a fair chunk of money?

Had they been on sale in February when we were flying high with an early bird type incentive then we might have shifted a decent amount. That ship has sailed and once again we will be looking at a record low number of sales only this time Waggott can't hide behind Covid.

14 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

And where have you actually got to?

Fannying around playing their tune, is actually disrespectful to the efforts of many over the last 12 years.

Have you actually spoken to the owners yet? 

I have, and will always say exactly what I think, and fall in the handful of people who has and does have direct contact with the people that own our club.

As stated, and i've already made contact with Balaji Rao in the last hour, these prices are so out of touch 

Perhaps rather than slate supporters opinions, why dont you tell everyone what you know that no-one else can know!!!!!!!

What did he say?

They don't need to come up with any stupid ides they just need to price them with the aim of shifting 12k.

The loss in price cut being tempered by the increase in volume and extra sales in and around the ground.  Otherwise no point with this stuff every other club does an early bird at a discount. Of course now these lot do it we are supposed to be grateful.

All they are doing now is preparing for another drop in sales balanced by another price hike it's been the trademark of Waggots tenure.

Just wait till Mowbrays extension gets announced and the negative transfer budget of about 15 million or whatever they get for BBD.

Shite !!!!

• Like 1

Definitely not a no!!!

Definitely not a no!!!

Sounds to me you have been gullible enough to fall for whatever waffle they sold you and are clinging on in hope something positive happens to fall back on.

I will wait for the man of the people mr waggott to announce an extended deadline to exceed the 4th of June as he understands how hard it is for working class families etc and it’s nothing to do with current sales 

• Like 1

The boat was missed in January and February. A decent offer and promotion back then hand in hand with a place in the top 2 and a 'promotion push' (little did we know what they had in store) would have seen plenty buying in the spur of the moment.

Imagine the phone lines being open and ticket office after that win over Middlesbrough in January.

So that's the first big failing - it isn't often you can capitalise on a top 2 position after Xmas - we could and chose to do nothing.

So now we are back to trying to sell tickets in the summer, off the back of a diabolical run of results, with only 1 visit to Ewood left this season before folk go off for the summer likely to be bitterly disappointed and angry (I know I am) at what has unfolded her since January.

There will, of course, be the usual 6000 (used to be 10,000) who will renew at this price regardless of results, performances, timing. There are a lot who won't or can't.

The Club often like to use Covid as an excuse for everything that goes wrong and no doubt that will get blamed for the pitiful number of season tickets sold last summer, rather than pricing.

I could start to understand the surcharge for post 6th June buyers in normal times - if the pandemic had never happened or the economy wasn't in the state it is then fair enough, encourage people to buy early by offering a cheaper price. Quite commonplace. I'm not really familiar with early bird initiatives that are only open to existing season ticket holders though. Usually the early bird works for anyone willing to sign up before a certain date.

The problem is that after shifting less than 8000 last summer, the lowest in a long long time, the club should really be doing its best to entice back as many of those who didn't renew last year. Yet as far as I can see not only is there no incentive to try and get those people back, but they take it a step further and penalise them for wanting to sign up. Very strange behaviour from a club and CEO completely out of touch with reality, who might talk a convincing game in the corridors of Ewood but his performance suggests he is actually a damaging influence at the club.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The boat was missed in January and February. A decent offer and promotion back then hand in hand with a place in the top 2 and a 'promotion push' (little did we know what they had in store) would have seen plenty buying in the spur of the moment.

Imagine the phone lines being open and ticket office after that win over Middlesbrough in January.

So that's the first big failing - it isn't often you can capitalise on a top 2 position after Xmas - we could and chose to do nothing.

So now we are back to trying to sell tickets in the summer, off the back of a diabolical run of results, with only 1 visit to Ewood left this season before folk go off for the summer likely to be bitterly disappointed and angry (I know I am) at what has unfolded her since January.

There will, of course, be the usual 6000 (used to be 10,000) who will renew at this price regardless of results, performances, timing. There are a lot who won't or can't.

The Club often like to use Covid as an excuse for everything that goes wrong and no doubt that will get blamed for the pitiful number of season tickets sold last summer, rather than pricing.

I could start to understand the surcharge for post 6th June buyers in normal times - if the pandemic had never happened or the economy wasn't in the state it is then fair enough, encourage people to buy early by offering a cheaper price. Quite commonplace. I'm not really familiar with early bird initiatives that are only open to existing season ticket holders though. Usually the early bird works for anyone willing to sign up before a certain date.

The problem is that after shifting less than 8000 last summer, the lowest in a long long time, the club should really be doing its best to entice back as many of those who didn't renew last year. Yet as far as I can see not only is there no incentive to try and get those people back, but they take it a step further and penalise them for wanting to sign up. Very strange behaviour from a club and CEO completely out of touch with reality, who might talk a convincing game in the corridors of Ewood but his performance suggests he is actually a damaging influence at the club.

There are secret groups dont you know, with big claims of a bright future, who talk to these people, if they are still out of touch, it begs the question what meaningful dialogue is actually occurring.

I know its early days on my twitter poll but those %'s are painting the supporters opinion

Screenshot_20220422-161433_Twitter.jpg

They’re so out of touch it’s beyond belief.
Record home defeat, Record losing runs and expect record low crowds to be added to this lots honours. 

The difference in income between £429 and £299 =~ a year of Daniel Ayala’s wages give or take, and that’s without accounting for any increase on the 8,000 that lowering the price may add.

It’s just so minuscule in the grand scheme of things yet it’s crushing our fan base. Our cheapest adult season ticket will be in the top 5 most expensive in the league next year. 

The cut-off point for the price freeze too, wow, it’s like that idiotic match day surcharge all over again. 

He gets paid £300k a year for this!!!! (which rather conveniently is quite close to the £30 increase x 8,000)

• Like 2

I'm really getting brassed off with all the negative vibes and back biting amongst supporters.

Glenn, you've had 12 years with your approach, have been AWOL for yonks and now appear back on the scene , I'll ask you a few questions:

1. What have you achieved  to date? (after 12 years as you state)

2. Do you think your approach of misspelt aggression towards the owners is ever likely to work, if so why?

3. What are your specific aims and how do you plan to take the club forward based upon your aims, particularly with regard to working capital?

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Same old mistakes by the club. Tried and tested formula from the club whether it’s season tickets, ticket promotions, new kits. Make a mistake, learn nothing and then double down on the initial mistake. 

Like a few of us have said on here before it just fits in with some people down there and their own agendas. Middling midtable club squeezing the budget down every season and cutting costs.  Sole aim is to tread water, develop players, sell, let go before they want pay rises and supplement with loans.

Meanwhile small crowds, squeeze matchday buyers and away fans to the hilt, cut staff, ignore the ground condition and easily manage the zero expectations.

Stay in the job, draw your wages and keep telling the ownership this is the way to 'build'.