BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bournemouth (h) - 30/4/22

7 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

That's a bad result for us at Swansea tonight.  Bournemouth will be buzzing

Shit, it is. I actually wanted Bournemouth to win at a reasonable canter, pretty much securing the autos (if Forest had also lost) and leaving them a bit complacent against us. Coming back from 3-0 down with 20 minutes left on the other hand, that's the sort of thing that builds momentum. Not a good omen, especially when we seem to love conceding a late goal.

Looking on the time on their game, is it the same officials we had against Cov?!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

That's a bad result for us at Swansea tonight.  Bournemouth will be buzzing

Is it? I'm not so sure.. the pressure will actually be more on them, with their spending they almost have to go up... they could be jittery and a draw tonight (back from the brink) might seem great, however once they see Forest's result they may not be buzzing so much

Edited by Gavrover
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gavrover said:

Is it? I'm not so sure.. the pressure will actually be more on them, with their spending they almost have to go up... they could be jittery and a draw tonight (back from the brink) might seem great, however once they see Forest's result they may not be buzzing so much

bournemouth still have to play forest which at the moment is`nt an enviable task,they`ll be under pressure on saturday with a hopefully large ewood crowd roaring us on,hopefully tony`s bingo machine in which he picks his side has been thrown in a skip

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Even if Sheff Utd win on Friday I hope we can beat this lot,  they really are a tinpot outfit and I'd much rather Forest went up. I bet they bring a paltry 300 or so away fans too. Will they be rattled after a pasting off Swansea? Or will we see a backlash...

They've sold out the allocation we gave them,they're bringing 1900 up to Ewood.

• Backroom
On 14/03/2022 at 14:50, Silas said:

This lot are going to keep us torturously hanging on for a while yet, I reckon Bournemouth, the penultimate game of season, is when all hope will finally be extinguished. 

Guessed at it 6 weeks ago, and it's looking a fair shout. Shame the predictions I actually have money on never come so close. 

Would love to take it to final game of season, but can't see it happening. 

I think we'll play all right for once, and give a good account of ourselves. But it will all end up for nought.

• Like 3

Kieffer Moore, back from injury after signing in January, made the difference for fourth division Bournemouth. That's the value of their investment and spending some decent money, players like that rescue points and win matches. Contrast to our lack of activity in the window - a couple of good forwards to replace the injured Brereton and the ineffective Gallagher could have saved our season

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

Blimey I'm amazed by that to be honest!

They have a very good chance of automatic promotion so I'm not surprised tbh. Could be party time for them. 

That said 1900,if I was a Bournemouth supporter l would be tad disappointed we were not allocated more tickets. 

I imagine they won’t send more small batches at this stage, so presumably they’ll let them pay on the day. They can’t go up now on Saturday, so I doubt there will be a stampede to the away ticket office…

Edited by Mattyblue

5 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Kieffer Moore, back from injury after signing in January, made the difference for fourth division Bournemouth. That's the value of their investment and spending some decent money, players like that rescue points and win matches. Contrast to our lack of activity in the window - a couple of good forwards to replace the injured Brereton and the ineffective Gallagher could have saved our season

Forest bought Sam Surridge in January. 14 appearances mainly from the bench, 1 assist, 4 goals including winner v Peterborough.

Last night Forest were without the injured Grabban and Davis but had a recognised striker to call in. 

I'm not even saying he's that good but is a 'presence'.

Those 3 points his winner earned repayed in full whatever he cost.

No problem though ... we don't play strikers ..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

Its surprising to read the snobbery on this page aimed at Bournemouth, a club we should be looking to emulate, a club saved by fan ownership after years of mismanagement, now punching above its weight and potentially heading back to the big time. 

I recall the premierships big hitters saying we didn't deserve to be in top league, Wigan neither or Bolton because we got crap gates, its was bullshit then and in Bournemouth's case its bullshit now. 

Rovers had a history though. Bournemouth slumped around the lower leagues before their rise

They may have started as a bit of a fairytale under Howe, but they aren’t ‘punching above their weight’ anymore as they are bankrolled by an oligarch and further financially doped by parachute payments. They’ve numerous players on between £40k and £60k a week…

Edited by Mattyblue

45 minutes ago, Gav said:

Its surprising to read the snobbery on this page aimed at Bournemouth, a club we should be looking to emulate, a club saved by fan ownership after years of mismanagement, now punching above its weight and potentially heading back to the big time. 

I recall the premierships big hitters saying we didn't deserve to be in top league, Wigan neither or Bolton because we got crap gates, its was bullshit then and in Bournemouth's case its bullshit now. 

The 'Bournemouth fairy-tale' is a HUGE misnomer. Money talks.

Last home game of the season. If the boys can’t put a shift in for this one and win then we certainly don’t deserve to be in the playoffs, much less win them.

Bournemouth have a massive game against Forest 3 days later, so I’m hoping their heads aren’t in it for the game with us.

If anything it’s an exciting end to the Championship season, with everything still to play for.

49 minutes ago, Gav said:

They play in a shed of stadium that holds 11k (which they struggle to fill) and have spent 90% of their “history” in division 3 or lower…

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

I don't think this changes the fact that the club has been bank rolled by some oligarch that has no prior connections to the club, in order to reach the PL.

6 minutes ago, BigUts said:

I don't think this changes the fact that the club has been bank rolled by some oligarch that has no prior connections to the club, in order to reach the PL.

I've just shown you this goes further back than 2009, they almost went to the wall in 1997 but were saved by the fans, I'm sure you see that.

Lets also not pretend that having billionaire owners guarantees anything.......

Edited by Gav

It pretty much does in the lower leagues if you run a club properly and blow rivals out of the water on wages…

(As you keep emphasising, by the way, re BRFC not being able to compete with such clubs).

Edited by Mattyblue