BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers becomes first UK football club to host Eid prayers

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Sounds great in theory OEB, but will the club actually get round to the monetising bit of it? They never particularly bothered making the most of the BBD phenomenon…

They are like the Yoda of fucking up potential. If I recall Waggott said it was too costly a gamble to explore the Chilean market. Although the difference there is the commodity is BBD rather than Rovers and will follow him to his new club in a few weeks.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Sounds great in theory OEB, but will the club actually get round to the monetising bit of it? They never particularly bothered making the most of the BBD phenomenon…

You mean this wasn't flying off the shelves?

Edited by frosty
  • Like 1

Fruit of the Loom! No expense spared there!

There was a slight delay getting them printed and on sale, I believe, as they were in the supplier printing queue behind the “Baz’s Benidorm Stag 2021!” T-shirts…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

There was a slight delay getting them printed and on sale, I believe, as they were in the supplier printing queue behind the “Baz’s Benidorm Stag 2021!” T-shirts…

Is that brand still going ?

A guy i know used to go around Blackburn selling that stuff out of his car boot back in the day. Not knock off either he found a wholesaler and used to buy a big job lot every so often.

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Fruit of the Loom are decent quality, or were..

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Flippin eck zoom in on the photo in that article they nearly all look miserable af, poor buggers it was a bit cold and wet that morning 

Well if they are going to become Rovers fans they may get used to being miserable at Ewood park.

• Like 1

On 02/05/2022 at 21:22, Hasta said:

It’s popping up on sports feeds all over. The comments from all over the world on it, from people who obviously 

This could be a master stroke at increasing Asian attendance even further, providing the £430 doesn’t put them off.

Just what I was thinking, might get more asians attending matches, it also shows good community spirit.

• 3 weeks later...

Rovers host South Asian talent ID event.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20155960.blackburn-rovers-pfa-host-south-asian-talent-id-event/

Good to see Rovers continuing their efforts with the local South Asian community. Making sure it is not isolated to one off events. 

Behind the scenes we so often wonder what individuals are up to, with a complete lack of creativity or effort being shown (more in the marketing areas of the club). It's great to see the club taking the initiative here and try to make meaningful connections. I think somebody mentioned the name of the person at the club who has been heading a lot of this. Its a great example to follow. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ben_the_beast said:

Rovers host South Asian talent ID event.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20155960.blackburn-rovers-pfa-host-south-asian-talent-id-event/

Good to see Rovers continuing their efforts with the local South Asian community. Making sure it is not isolated to one off events. 

Behind the scenes we so often wonder what individuals are up to, with a complete lack of creativity or effort being shown (more in the marketing areas of the club). It's great to see the club taking the initiative here and try to make meaningful connections. I think somebody mentioned the name of the person at the club who has been heading a lot of this. Its a great example to follow. 

As long as skill rather than ethnicity, decides who will progress.

Someone was telling me about the Asian talent finding programme last night. My first reaction was why bother. Nearly 40 years of watching football and a continent of 4 billion and there’s perhaps been 3 ok Asian players in my lifetime. Park at utd, the lad at spurs, then struggling for another one.

If it helps the Asian community of east Lancs to feel part of the club and putting bums on seats then great. But as a talent finding exercise it’s a total waste of time. 

40 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Someone was telling me about the Asian talent finding programme last night. My first reaction was why bother. Nearly 40 years of watching football and a continent of 4 billion and there’s perhaps been 3 ok Asian players in my lifetime. Park at utd, the lad at spurs, then struggling for another one.

If it helps the Asian community of east Lancs to feel part of the club and putting bums on seats then great. But as a talent finding exercise it’s a total waste of time. 

Son and Park merely ‘ok’ 🤣

Plus Minamino and Hwang in the Prem off the top of my head. 

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, matt83 said:

Like a previous poster said. Reducing it to only Son and Park is extreme. We also have our own potential first team star in Dilan Markanday that you are overlooking. There hasn't been as much representation from Asian countries/communities at the top, top level of football, I will agree with you there but to say its a total waste of time as a talent finding exercise is wrong.

I think what you have said is narrow minded and whether you're aware of what you've said I'm not sure, but I do not like the undertones. You saying its a waste of time implies there is no talent out there. Do you not think that the lack of top level talent at the top might be down to a lack of inclusion at a grass roots level? It's this kind of attitude which adds to Football not being an inclusive place. 

Again I think it's a great initiative. Actions speak louder than words and we are doing excellently in that respect. It places the club at the heart of the community and as a link and a place for people to come together. From a footballing perspective it also means we are very visibly showing we are an inclusive club and the talent which will be there if given the opportunity to shine, will be shining in the blue and white halves. 

South Asia has obviously struggled to produce footballers of any note (though that doesn’t mean there isn’t potential either there or in the diaspora).

But a bit odd to lump east Asia in into it, as Japan and South Korea are consistently strong sides and do produce plenty of players that are across Europe’s top leagues…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • Backroom

This is being held again on the 10th July

Whilst I think the sentiment is great and was really well received in the Muslim community last time I worry that we are being a bit daft hosting an on the pitch event on a fresh pitch before the season kicks off 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tom said:

Whilst I think the sentiment is great and was really well received in the Muslim community last time I worry that we are being a bit daft hosting an on the pitch event on a fresh pitch before the season kicks off 

Aye, you go on a ground tour mate, you've not a chance of getting on the pitch....

For balance they should really be inviting the local Bishop of the cathedral for a service....we seem to be doing more for people that don't attend games than those that do.

19 minutes ago, Tom said:

I believe some of the ground staff share the same worry

• Like 2

i thought the new pitch being laid was the reason for not playing a pre season game at home,now we have a 1000 muslims trampling all over it,you have to wonder if there is any common sense anywhere behind the scenes at ewood,why can`t they worship in the blackburn end car park,it`s plenty big enough

• Like 1

• Backroom
42 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Aye, you go on a ground tour mate, you've not a chance of getting on the pitch....

For balance they should really be inviting the local Bishop of the cathedral for a service....we seem to be doing more for people that don't attend games than those that do.

Absolutely no problem with the event and who has or hasn’t been invited to similar festivities, I think in theory it’s a great idea to get people to get an affinity with the club.

But I worry that we have let ideals come before common sense here but I have to say I am no groundsman it just feels hundreds on a new pitch may not be ideal 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Miller11 said:

I believe some of the ground staff share the same worry

This 👆 it seems that a certain person within the club is starting to get slightly carried away with things, although must stricter rules in place this in time in relation to no footballs, shoes, etc on the pitch.

Will be interesting to see how much of an effect these community initiatives have when it comes to fully paid tickets - whether that be match day, season ticket or corporate.

• Like 1