BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2022/2023 Pre Season Thread

7 hours ago, rigger said:

So 4 away games pre-season. Perhaps they are sorting the pitch at Ewood ?

I'd be surprised.  Usually when they are doing extensive work on the pitch, it usually starts pretty much straight after the last home game on the season and given its over 2 weeks since the Bournemouth game and the early start to the season, with nothing happening 🤷‍♂️

Just now, JWU-Andy said:

I'd be surprised.  Usually when they are doing extensive work on the pitch, it usually starts pretty much straight after the last home game on the season and given its over 2 weeks since the Bournemouth game and the early start to the season, with nothing happening 🤷‍♂️

It was a tongue in cheek comment.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JWU-Andy said:

Looks like they are doing something at least to the pitch according to Rovers twitter account.

I think they are just doing the usual pitch replacement - not the all singing all dancing job Waggott alluded to last year

I've heard that we aren't having any home friendlies this year, so I would expect another couple of midweek friendlies away from home to take the total to 6 (or at least 5 and then use the Carabao Cup effectively as a pre-season game).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I think they are just doing the usual pitch replacement - not the all singing all dancing job Waggott alluded to last year

I've heard that we aren't having any home friendlies this year, so I would expect another couple of midweek friendlies away from home to take the total to 6 (or at least 5 and then use the Carabao Cup effectively as a pre-season game).

Yeah thought it would be the bare minimum to be honest.

Looking at the dates, they are back on 20th June i think i read, so i would expect a game on the weekend of 2nd July, then maybe another one either that midweek or in the midweek after the Stanley game.

Potentially 3 league games before the Carabao Cup kicks off.

When looking to buy unreserved standing ticket for the Stanley game on line today the system gives a row and seat number which I thought was bizarre. Ended up ordering the ticket by phone with no real explanation as to why that was the case other than to blame Stanley.

1 hour ago, nbdelboy said:

anyone have an idea when the celtic tickets'll be out? was hoping to book somewhere to stay early on while there's still places available, but i've been stung doing that before..

When I renewed I asked about the Celtic game. They said they would be out soon and assured me there would be coaches being put on as I thought if that Gerry cinnamon gig is on the trains might be full or extortionately priced by the time the tickets are released. They said just keep checking the website 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1