BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2022/2023 Pre Season Thread

5 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Apparently the players come into Brockhall for testing at different days.

That's what I have said. 

5 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

So assuming that's why we are yet to see Nyambe? (What I'm hoping) lol

If he does return to testing then he sign a new contract 

If anyone is thinking of going to the game at Dundee, you’ll be lucky to find any hotel space within 50 miles. The Open at St. Andrews starts on the 14th and everywhere has been booked up for ages, or are charging a fortune.

• Like 1

On 15/06/2022 at 15:03, 47er said:

Didn't know where to put this but its being reported that that Mowbray is interested in the Blackpool vacancy. 

Can't be true because he wants to live close to his wife and kids.........

The vacancy is on the beach giving tourist rides. A couple of older donkeys have retired.

• Like 1

Stanley are asking their own supporters who have bought tickets in two blocks of the Studio Stand to contact the club for our friendly there. My guess is there is such a demand from Rovers that Stanley can't accommodate them all and are moving their own fans to another area.

The JDT effect is upon us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rog of the rovers said:

Got the train and a hotel booked for Celtic away 😁

Just need them to release the ticket details now. I'm expecting a good turn out from the Rovers fans, though I'm sure this will probably be tempered with a £20 ticket for a friendly!

Superb stuff.

John Williams didn't get much wrong during his time at Ewood, but not taking the larger allocation for the cup game away at Celtic  was one, it would have easily sold out.

I’m most looking forward to the game at Dens Park, Dundee, a place that gave me a lot of happy memories. I lived in the great city of Dundee for 4 years and the “Dee” are my second favourite team. I was on Dens as recently as the beginning of Feb to see them play Dundee Utd in the Dundee derby. Full house, great atmosphere. Dens is a really old fashioned ground at the top of the Hiiltown. Unfortunately Dundee got relegated after only one season back in the SPL. I can’t see Gary Bowyer getting them back up! I’ll be at Celtic too.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Giant said:

I’m most looking forward to the game at Dens Park, Dundee, a place that gave me a lot of happy memories. I lived in the great city of Dundee for 4 years and the “Dee” are my second favourite team. I was on Dens as recently as the beginning of Feb to see them play Dundee Utd in the Dundee derby. Full house, great atmosphere. Dens is a really old fashioned ground at the top of the Hiiltown. Unfortunately Dundee got relegated after only one season back in the SPL. I can’t see Gary Bowyer getting them back up! I’ll be at Celtic too.

Always love visiting Dundee, as you say its a great city. I used to have to go to a housing association (Servite, now part of the Caledonia group) in Broughty Ferry that used DC Thomson's old house as their office. The Board Room always reminded me of the one at the Rovers. Gorgeous oak panelling.

Its changed a bit over the past few years though eh?