BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Apparently someone loves us ❤️❤️

• G Somerset Rover changed the title to Tony Mowbray to leave Rovers: official
15 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

He's been the best manager we've had under Venky's (even if that isn't saying a lot), but it was time for a change.

All the best Tony!

A good summary of Mowbray's time with us - broadly the same points per game return in the Championship as Bowyer and Lambert but arguably inherited a weaker position. Leaves the club better placed than when he joined.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

He's been the best manager we've had under Venky's (even if that isn't saying a lot), but it was time for a change.

All the best Tony!

Really? I thought bowyer did a better job 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

A good summary of Mowbray's time with us - broadly the same points per game return in the Championship as Bowyer and Lambert but arguably inherited a weaker position. Leaves the club better placed than when he joined.

Bowyer definitely inherited the club in a weaker position that Mowbray.

This isn't the thread for that though.

Mowbray has done ok, probably the bare minimum i would expect for someone given 5 years to shape the club how he saw fit, also feel like we have wasted a few years as he took us on this ridiculous journey though.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Bowyer - the one with a worse win percentage than Mowbray with a squad including the likes of Paul Robinson, Grant Hanley, Josh King, David Dunn, Tom Cariney, Jordan Rhodes, Ben Marshall, Shane Duffy and Rudy Gestede. Should have been getting promoted with that squad.

Bowyer got us challenging for the playoffs twice. Didn't spend huge money on two flop strikers (Brereton up until this season). bought well in my opinion (better than Mowbray) Didn't antagonise the fans.  They are both shit managers so it's like comparing pound shop with b @ m bargains 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Bowyer - the one with a worse win percentage than Mowbray with a squad including the likes of Paul Robinson, Grant Hanley, Josh King, David Dunn, Tom Cariney, Jordan Rhodes, Ben Marshall, Shane Duffy and Rudy Gestede. Should have been getting promoted with that squad.

Bowyer had a transfer embargo to deal with 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Absolutely not. Coyle has assembled a terrible squad.

Raya, Nyambe, Lenihan, Mulgrew, Williams, Bennett, Evans, Conway & Graham were all lauded as hero's after finishing second in league one, Mowbray inherited all them.

Bowyer inherited Murphy, Etuhu, Best, Orr, DJ Campbell, Kean, Goodwillie and about 50 Portuguese lads.

I don't rate Bowyer at all, but to turn that shitshow around and not only keep us up (which Mowbray didnt), but finish 8th the year after was a decent feat for a rookie manager in his first job. 

It took Mowbray 5 years to finish 8th.

Anyway, like i said, not really the thread for it....

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 9

PARTY TIME.🥳

Finally gone.  just a shame it's 3 years to late. 

Should have gone after the first death spiral

Could have been decent . But too stubborn and set in his ways . Hopefully no more square pegs in round holes .

Long overdue time for a change

Edited by Rochdale_rover
  • Like 6

For once the club statement is decent. 

A change was needed and that seems to have been recognised by Mowbray himself. Hopefully he is not the first as we really do need a cull including Waggott himself.

• Like 3

Thankyou Tony Mowbray for the last 5 years and you have rebuilt the club I supported after Coyle left this club. 

I will remember our promotion season from League 1 and I will remember certain games from that season and the last 4 seasons in championship. 

But if Rovers are to get promote we need a new manager to take that next step. Sadly Mowbray hasn't been that man. 

• Like 1

Mowbray has frustrated at times, both with his tactics/results and then his demeanour and interviews when things are going badly. We were held together too long by owners not willing to make tough decisions and tensions became inevitable. The fans and Mowbray were like a couple staying together due to circumstance and not love. Even the smallest gripe becomes a huge issue. 

Now we have clarity I for one think thanks is owed. We are in a better place than when he took over. There may be a division in the fanbase but it is a far cry from how fractured it was under Coyle. The promotion was a success, even if expected and for the first time we saw players playing for the shirt again. Dacky, Graham, Mulgrew and Mowbray. It was a good time and I believe they all cared. Its the minimum one should expect but something Rovers fans had been deprived of and it felt great to be able to support the club again.

Over time I think he's become jaded and when you know you're not accountable for your results it's difficult to be 100% That and the fact he has been the clubs mouthpiece for so long, his ramblings have been bizarre at times and even slightly insulting. Overall I do think his heart has been in the right place though. It has been a journey. Not always a particularly progressive one but the stability he has brought was needed for the first 3 years of his reign. So a thank you Tony Mowbray from me, best of luck in the future, you've done your best and in my opinion left the club in a better place than you found it. 

• Like 3

• Backroom

Still too angry about our collapse this season to post anything remotely balanced. Glad he's gone, terrified as to who the idiots in charge will hire next. 

• Like 7