BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Sporting Director / DOF

I can’t remember the last time I got excited about a suit being appointed at the club. Probably because I never have. 

But this takes us to the next level of discussing why the club has gone to shit, and making excuses for the owners, at a boardroom level. 

2010 - we’re signing Ronaldinho.

2022 - here’s a bloke in a suit.

Whoohoo!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, booth said:

I can’t remember the last time I got excited about a suit being appointed at the club. Probably because I never have. 

But this takes us to the next level of discussing why the club has gone to shit, and making excuses for the owners, at a boardroom level. 

2010 - we’re signing Ronaldinho.

2022 - here’s a bloke in a suit.

Whoohoo!

If only we’d hired more people who actually understand football, have a creditable reputation and experience level, and values their reputation in the game as opposed to their wallets, back in 2010…

3 minutes ago, JBiz said:

If only we’d hired more people who actually understand football, have a creditable reputation and experience level, and values their reputation in the game as opposed to their wallets, back in 2010…

You can guarantee that if we had it wouldn’t have merited a build up, announcement and video interview. But I remember when people ran the club quietly behind the scenes, and let the football do the talking.

It’s just one more thing highlighting how far the club has fallen for me.

We all know how these things end.

• Like 1

So does this mean that in December we can pack the DOF off on a plane to India to beg for new signings in the January window whilst letting the manager get on with, you know, football matches?

Because if so that's got to be an improvement surely, knowing nothing otherwise about the bloke in question.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AspRover said:

So does this mean that in December we can pack the DOF off on a plane to India to beg for new signings in the January window whilst letting the manager get on with, you know, football matches?

Because if so that's got to be an improvement surely, knowing nothing otherwise about the bloke in question.

I had this thought too. DoF can do the India visits (why they can't do video calls is beyond me) at any time of the year and have everything in place for when the transfer window opens. 

What is this new man's brief and what are his areas of responsibility?

Is he senior or junior to the new head coach (when he arrives) or is it a partnership of equals? 

Is the new DoF going to have any say in the appointment of the head  coach?

I'm not sure how this is going to work but at least it's new and a different approach

With a new DoF and a new Head of Marketing being appointed things are looking up as to a proper structure being put in place at the club.

I'm not an ITK person at all but I wonder if Balaji's son becoming more involved in the running of the club has anything to do with it.

With the weight of responsibilities being taken off Waggot's shoulders perhaps he'll have more time to spruce up Ewood Park.

1 hour ago, JBiz said:

Doesn't matter who we hire, how credible they are, if the actual stumbling block remains in place, then what's the point? 

• Like 2