BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Head of Marketing

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

Job #1: Sort out the totally obscene season ticket prices. 

Doesn't fall under his remit. I hope he’s fantastic but the jump from marketing manager to head of marketing is HUGE.

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

Doesn't fall under his remit. I hope he’s fantastic but the jump from marketing manager to head of marketing is HUGE.

Good grief, talk about cup half empty, for Christ's sake give the new guys a chance, why question abilities if you don't know what their abilities are. not aimed at you J B  but in general, all I see is some negativity.

• Backroom

Best thing we could do is get rid of Greg 'but we've already tried that' Coar. No, we HAVEN'T already tried a damned thing if you're half-arsing it at every step.

Edited by Mike E

I'd be interested to know what our marketing budget for the season is (if there is one 🤔)

Greg Coar seemed to be the 'mastermind' behind the bundles we tend to wheel out to little success every season, wonder if there'll be something different now.

On 09/06/2022 at 05:55, Ossydave said:

I'd be interested to know what our marketing budget for the season is (if there is one 🤔)

Greg Coar seemed to be the 'mastermind' behind the bundles we tend to wheel out to little success every season, wonder if there'll be something different now.

The budget for STs, I.e the biggest income for the club outside TV, seems to have consisted of a leaflet to existing ST holders and a few weekly Twitter/Facebook posts by an already employed social media officer.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

I think there is a considerable difference between a Marketing Manager / Head of Marketing and a Commercial Director. 

We haven't had a Commercial Director since Dave Biggar resigned some 6-7 years ago. That is the real issue and problem here.

Marketing managers and the like - Greg Coar and co. - have a much smaller remit and in my humble opinion this is a central reason why our sponsorship and commercial performance has been so poor.

On 08/06/2022 at 22:57, J*B said:

I see no reason why that would be the case. I would get it if we were a multi-billion pound multinational organisation, but our marketing operation really won't be that big. It's also surely no more of a jump than from the standard marketing role to marketing manager.

19 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I see no reason why that would be the case. I would get it if we were a multi-billion pound multinational organisation, but our marketing operation really won't be that big. It's also surely no more of a jump than from the standard marketing role to marketing manager.

It’s jumping up at least 2 positions. Arguably three.