BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Yep, it’s all very strange, but be interesting to see if JDL can quietly move them on once he has his feet under the table…

I suppose he really doesnt need to move them on.  All depends on what responsibilities he allocates them .

They may have little impact on training whatsoever.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Giant said:

Clearly Greg Broughton has had a major say in the recruitment of JDT and his staff, which is a good sign. I also like the idea of a coach who’s prime  job it is to prepare the team, and leave recruitment up to the DoF. 

So long as he has input ie tells them who, what he needs and they go out and get him.

12 minutes ago, pomster said:

Welcome and good luck on this new adventure JDT, BR, GB. Looking forward to seeing you build the team.
All we need to do now is get rid of the dross and hangers on .... You know who you are ... Maggott, Lowe, Benson!

Welcome JDT, lets hope you make it a hat trick of titles at Ewood. We can finally move on and prepare for next season.

11 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Excellent news and good that he has brought his main assistants with him.

Let's hope that the owners give him some cash for the window.

COYB

Absolutely. I’m feeling optimistic already….but then again…..I always do when a new manager walks through the door. Slow learner!

• Like 1

Welcome JDT! Exciting appointment and excellent that he's brought what seems like an experienced assistant with him where he had success at Malmo with him.

The 3 year cycle of FFP should of restarted this year? So hopefully funds available to him to build.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

This is a different direction it genuinely is the start of a new journey so lets give it a fair chance the guy will need to find his feet in this league.

Those running the club need to back this new set up 110% not just decide they've done their bit now and ignore it for another 3 years.

The next step should be sorting a boardroom setup who want to push the club forwards, want to re engage with a large swath of the irregular fanbase.  And have the actual gumption how to do it.

Building bridges (communication, transparency and approachability) with the fanbase would go a very long way for starters

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

BTW, don't know if everyone is having the same problem but that bastard Aeriel ad is being particularly troublesome this morning to celebrate the arrival of the new management team!

Its a sign ..Clean fresh start ..on a 3 year wash cycle Rev..

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not really, if he's sensational and gets poached we'll get compensation and the converse if he bombs.

Mowbray imo did a poor job and lasted five years though so based on that the odds are JDT will be here 3 years if he does an OK job unless the owners get a lot more ruthless.

So like I said, if he wants to be here three years, he will be. A contract is a contract with these owners as we can see with Lowe et al.

Welcome Jon Dahl Tomasson....!! He brings his assistant from the time at Malmoe which is good. 

Also Ben Rosen is a highly rated coach joining in. Been with the Danish national team, Fc Copenhagen and Malmoe. At the very top.

Edited by neophox

Farke, or Wagner would have been more of a known quantity and who I'd have liked but it's good to see we've thought outside the box and not brought in a Dobbin like Adkins, Monk, Pulis or Pardew. 

Now I said that, he'll be worse than Paul Ince was, and play Dolan as a target man, and so on.

Edited by Norbert Rassragr