BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

I think I'm down the  middle road on this one.

I am cautiously optimistic, but that's more down to the unknown quantity and doing something different hoping it works well than any info I have on Tomasson's managerial acumen. I think this is as much to do with the hope, perhaps silly of me, that this new structure and apparent continental setup is going to be more suitable for the Club and may work in our favour in this division. This is likely to hinge more on how clued up this Broughton bloke is, what power he has and what budget he has.

This isn't an appointment that sets pulses racing or suggests we mean business as a Farke, Dyche, Bilic or Carvalhal would. But it isn't a depressing nightmare appointment as an Adkins, Woodgate or Ferguson would have been.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Welcome to Blackburn Rovers Jon Dahl Tomasson, Remy Reijnierse and Ben Rosen

I think its interesting choice and I looking forward to see to JDT's reign here. He seems to want to attacking football which I think we will look forward to. Reijnierse has 2 years of championship at Sheffield Wednesday plus loads of coaching experience behind him. Rosen is a fitness and conditioning coach who has worked at Southampton, Malmo, Denmark(where he worked with JDT) and Copenhagen. 

Training Ground Guru | Rosen named Blackburn Performance Director as Tomasson confirms staff

I'm pleased we have got this head coach appointment sorted finally and I hope JDT and Remy work permits are sorted by Monday. I would imagine Ben Rosen is starting today. 

Jon Dahl Tomasson's Blue and White Army 🔵

Talking of Rosen, it will be interesting to see if over the course of the season the players are prone to so many injuries. Personally i was convinced it was down to The training methods

• Like 5

Welcome JDT. Good to see us try something different and avoid the dreaded names. It could have been better having been in for Farke and Carvalhal, but it could also have been a lot worse. Pleased to see that the favoured agency has been shunned this time.

JDT is a winner from his playing days, a Champions League winner at that and has won two league titles as manager at Malmo. Something tells me he isn't going to be happy to just float in mid table, nor is he likely to shrug off not winning games. Reading up on his style of play and view on football gives me cause for optimism. Attacking football with high energy. Of course, the proof will be out on the grass, but I like what I'm hearing so far.

I just hope he is given some funds to be able to implement his plan. The exciting part now is seeing which players we will be in for, as I'd expect it to be a different pool altogether than previously, with JDT and Broughton working together and bringing fresh ideas to the table.

I was ready to welcome Adkins, as that was the type of move I was expecting, so I'll gladly take this fresh approach which could bring us something different.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

JDT: “I'm really proud and excited to be taking over as Head Coach of Blackburn Rovers – a club with a lot of tradition and also great ambition.

“We have a young team here, and also a great Academy, and the Owners have a clear vision, which is to develop players and become a sustainable Premier League club over time, so I’m really happy to be involved in this exciting new chapter for the club.

“Since leaving Malmo, I have been looking for the right club and I had a lot of options, but after speaking to Steve (Waggott) and Gregg (Broughton) I got a really good feeling about the club and I knew that I had found my next opportunity.

“I grew up watching English football, so I know all about the passion for football here and how special football fans are in England, so it’s great to come to such a big club as Blackburn Rovers and to be involved with such passionate fans and in a really good league, which the Championship is. It will be a great challenge, but it’s something I’m really looking forward to being a part of.

“For a Head Coach, the best thing is to work with the players and the staff, to show a direction and to work together to create an environment for the staff and the players to be successful, because at the end of the day it’s about being successful, winning as many games as possible and also develop the players, the team and the club in a positive direction.”

---

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20207588.live-updates-reaction-blackburn-rovers-appoint-jon-dahl-tomasson/

I like him already based on that. Talking us up, and focusing on winning. What a refreshing change!

• Like 9

That he's brought his own support is very good. Hopefully they have a plan mapped out and can start implementing straight away.

If JDT is happy for Broughton to handle recruitment it will mean they can just focus on working with the existing team.

That's really the bit I don't quite get. Surely JDT will have a clear view of the sorts of player he wants. Maybe he gives a list of types of players wants and Broughton is tasked to find them and sign them?

Will be interesting to see how it works.

I also note that one of JDTs men is Performance Director and another head coach which to my mind further questions what DJs role will be? Will be a shame to lose him but looks like its on the cards. Wonder where Park fits in too.

Screenshot_20220614-113013.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome to the new manager JDT and as with all managers that take over the reigns (Coyle aside) he'll have my full support. The appointment has all the hallmarks of Venkys reign here, shambolic, but we got it over the line eventually. I'm now waiting for Waggotts interview where he tells us all JDT was "always our number one target" 😀

Be interesting to see who he brings in, the side is lacking in numbers and quality in some areas, but will Venkys provide him with funds to rebuild or is it academy players only and loans as Mowbray was hamstrung by over the past few years?

Time will tell.

That's a big old backroom staff it just goes to show what has to be brought in and paid for even in a middle of the road championship clubs these days.

Frightening and impossible to sustain for most clubs without outside backing.

Hopefully it starts to be a well oiled machine but i 100% expect BBD will be being touted around now to help pay for all this.  

• Like 1

I just hope there is a plan for recruitment.

What we don't want is Tomasson being led a merry dance, told that the Brereton sale will raise cash for good signings to come in, and then they 'do a Rhodes' and only allow a few loans and the cash disappears.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

That he's brought his own support is very good. Hopefully they have a plan mapped out and can start implementing straight away.

If JDT is happy for Broughton to handle recruitment it will mean they can just focus on working with the existing team.

That's really the bit I don't quite get. Surely JDT will have a clear view of the sorts of player he wants. Maybe he gives a list of types of players wants and Broughton is tasked to find them and sign them?

Will be interesting to see how it works.

I also note that one of JDTs men is Performance Director and another head coach which to my mind further questions what DJs role will be? Will be a shame to lose him but looks like its on the cards. Wonder where Park fits in too.

Screenshot_20220614-113013.jpg

I wouldn’t be too concerned RE Damien Johnson.

We have lost Mowbray and Venus and replaced them with JDT and RR

Rosen seems a replacement for Liam Mason (head of athletic performance) so I would assume DJ continues as is.

Hopefully one day DJ takes Lowe’s spot and the best coach from the academy takes DJ’s spot as I have high hopes for DJ

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

JDT: “I'm really proud and excited to be taking over as Head Coach of Blackburn Rovers – a club with a lot of tradition and also great ambition.

“We have a young team here, and also a great Academy, and the Owners have a clear vision, which is to develop players and become a sustainable Premier League club over time, so I’m really happy to be involved in this exciting new chapter for the club.

“Since leaving Malmo, I have been looking for the right club and I had a lot of options, but after speaking to Steve (Waggott) and Gregg (Broughton) I got a really good feeling about the club and I knew that I had found my next opportunity.

“I grew up watching English football, so I know all about the passion for football here and how special football fans are in England, so it’s great to come to such a big club as Blackburn Rovers and to be involved with such passionate fans and in a really good league, which the Championship is. It will be a great challenge, but it’s something I’m really looking forward to being a part of.

“For a Head Coach, the best thing is to work with the players and the staff, to show a direction and to work together to create an environment for the staff and the players to be successful, because at the end of the day it’s about being successful, winning as many games as possible and also develop the players, the team and the club in a positive direction.”

---

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20207588.live-updates-reaction-blackburn-rovers-appoint-jon-dahl-tomasson/

Bloody hell, he's called us a big club with history.

Mowbray will be turning in his grave.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Realistic Rover said:

I wouldn’t be too concerned RE Damien Johnson.

We have lost Mowbray and Venus and replaced them with JDT and RR

Rosen seems a replacement for Liam Mason (head of athletic performance) so I would assume DJ continues as is.

Hopefully one day DJ takes Lowe’s spot and the best coach from the academy takes DJ’s spot as I have high hopes for DJ

I’d be a tad disappointed if Johnson was fired off to be honest. He’s probably the one person who knows the younger players best from the U23 days.
I also tend to think that Mowbray was jealous and wary of him for some reason.

• Like 1

I’m cautiously optimistic about this.

At the very least he’s already a million times better than Mowbray from a PR point.

Hopefully he can build a squad (with the DOF) that he wants and get us playing some attacking football. Don’t expect to see us not scoring for 8 games in a row again.

Do think he needs to be given time though, a big squad overhaul is needed over next 3 windows.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

4-4-2 With the attackers chasing down the ball.

Where/how is he going to fit Dack into that?

Dack/Dolan supporting BBD, or Galagher once the former leaves

then we just sign Wilcox and Ripley up

Mowbray said all the right stuff for the first few years but as we know he became a master at altering his own narrative to suit.

That became one of the most annoying things about the guy himself he went from realist to self preserving billy bullhitter almost overnight once he'd reached his ceiling a few years ago.  It went on 2 years too long but it's gone now i think the way people are reacting shows that.

Doesn't matter how much he was liked in general for doing a steady job the overall feeling is this is a fresh start.  It's overdue and i suspect the feeling inside the club is very similar so lets crack on.

• Like 4