BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I get that we would have liked more for Brereton ideally of course but we still turned down a hell of a lot of money (and for those who turn to it at every corner, a lot of FFP room to manouevre) for him to stay for one further season.

We already have room for manoeuvre with FFP. We turned down one offer from Fulham of 6 mil with 4 mil add on, one bid from Sevilla for 8.4 million and same amount from Nice. Do you really think they were acceptable offers for a quality of BBD and what he offers to us?  

He explained his thinking on Morton but I didn't agree with the decision before or after he said it to only loan in a kid in midfield, that isn't IMO what we needed and he has yet to impress.

So he didn't impress at Blackpool away and Watford home? 

Morton was signed here to allow Rovers to develop Adam Wharton and Jake Garrett to be more of a part of the first team squad next season. So you have fully explanation from Director of Football why we made that signing and was our only signing in Midfield. 

You seem to have fallen into the trap again of thinking that if someone at the club says the reason behind a decision or decisions made, then they must be the correct ones based on that reasoning.

Wrong again but you surprised you post this rubbish 

43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We already have room for manoeuvre with FFP. We turned down one offer from Fulham of 6 mil with 4 mil add on, one bid from Sevilla for 8.4 million and same amount from Nice. Do you really think they were acceptable offers for a quality of BBD and what he offers to us?  

So he didn't impress at Blackpool away and Watford home? 

Morton was signed here to allow Rovers to develop Adam Wharton and Jake Garrett to be more of a part of the first team squad next season. So you have fully explanation from Director of Football why we made that signing and was our only signing in Midfield. 

Wrong again but you surprised you post this rubbish 

The amounts may underwhelm but they are more valuable than one season of Brereton, yes.

Morton wasnt that good at Blackpool, he played a suicidal pass near the end that nearly led to a goal. The rationale given by Broughton isn't reasoning that I agree with. Not only is Morton not experienced but he hasnt looked particularly good.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The amounts may underwhelm but they are more valuable than one season of Brereton, yes.

Morton wasnt that good at Blackpool, he played a suicidal pass near the end that nearly led to a goal. The rationale given by Broughton isn't reasoning that I agree with. Not only is Morton not experienced but he hasnt looked particularly good.

The amounts were anyway near our valuation of the player so Rovers rightly rejected it. 

Morton was very good at Blackpool actually. Received plenty of praise for that performance from Sky, and other media who covered that game. 

You wanted experience midfielder, but Rovers didn't one for that. JDT decide Morton was the right signing for us. 

20 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Chaddy you need to try and have some original thoughts instead of just constantly parroting lines from the DoF and others at the club. We can read those elsewhere.

Matty, why people are asking questions that Rovers or Rovers employees have already answered then I will used them to reply. If you don't like my post, please feel free to ignore my posts and don't read them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The amounts were anyway near our valuation of the player so Rovers rightly rejected it. 

Morton was very good at Blackpool actually. Received plenty of praise for that performance from Sky, and other media who covered that game. 

You wanted experience midfielder, but Rovers didn't one for that. JDT decide Morton was the right signing for us. 

Matty, why people are asking questions that Rovers or Rovers employees have already answered then I will used them to reply. If you don't like my post, please feel free to ignore my posts and don't read them.

I was there and wasn't impressed by Morton. Would I be right in thinking that you are very happy with the signing and the choice made only to loan Morton into central midfield with your opinion exactly matching Broughton's methodology?

6 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I read somewhere on here that the WC break is 'critical' to allow JDT to coach the players in his systems and tactics, or words to that effect. Critical being the word used 

I think 'fortunate' may be more accurate and a shout of thanks to FIFA corruption in making it possible plus the Qatar climate.

Nothing fortunate about having to play 8-10 games a month after 5 weeks of pre-season training with the players.

He's barely got his feet under the table and the ridiculous fixture list has slapped him in the face.

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Nothing fortunate about having to play 8-10 games a month after 5 weeks of pre-season training with the players.

He's barely got his feet under the table and the ridiculous fixture list has slapped him in the face.

8 in August, 3 in September, 8 will be played in October.

Same as everyone else I suspect ..... Even all those other clubs who started the season with a new manager or have already made a change or had a substantial player turnover like us.

• Like 1

I see JDT is sticking to his guns about playing out from the back, reiterating today about the ‘value’ increase in players who are good ‘on and off the ball’. The poorest bugger in all of this is Ayala. The bloke simply cannot play out from the back yet we’re asking him to be Gerard Pique. I’d get it that little more if we had the players - or he was only playing ones who we can ‘increase value’ in - but it’s suicide trying to play that way with players like Daniel who simply can’t and are the wrong side of 30.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I would certainly like to read your posts and opinions, however these days I’m largely just reading a regurgitation of sound bites from club employees.

I posted plenty of my opinions on here

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I was there and wasn't impressed by Morton. Would I be right in thinking that you are very happy with the signing and the choice made only to loan Morton into central midfield with your opinion exactly matching Broughton's methodology?

I watched the game live and back twice and Morton had a very good game. 

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

8 in August, 3 in September, 8 will be played in October.

Same as everyone else I suspect ..... Even all those other clubs who started the season with a new manager or have already made a change or had a substantial player turnover like us.

Dingles's manager Kompany is saying similar thing to JDT that the 5 weeks break is crucial to their season hopes. Beale has said that his side isn't where he wants them to be. 

That 3 new appointed head coaches/managers in the summer saying the same thing. 

All managers regurgitate the same spiel in press conferences, I am unsure if it is the modern day, social media driven culture but people seem to pick apart and analyse them more often than ever before.

It is in a managers best interests to say whatever he can to try and request more time in employment. There is validity in saying that a "plan" wont come together so quickly but the ones that get to see their contracts through on merit should be the ones that display consistent signs of progression of that plan.

• Like 1

Indeed, think TM came out with the same cliche ridden stuff about 782 times in his tenure here, I stopped listening in about 2019.

They must bore themselves after a while, nevermind the likes of Andy Bayes and Sharpe that must hear it three, four times a week, every week.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Its got to be annoying for the managers as well because there are mikes under their nose all the time these days. In house club tv and radio stations, social media channels and accounts on top of all the traditional media stuff.

They just end up in their own echo chambers because there is only so much you can spin about the same things over and over again. 

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

If you fully back JDT you need to accept this season and the majority of next season are entirely meaningless as long as we aren’t in a relegation battle. 

Why? Makes no sense that the only definition of backing him is giving him almost 2 years as a clean slate without judgement.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Why? Makes no sense that the only definition of backing him is giving him almost 2 years as a clean slate without judgement.

Because he’s said multiple times that Rovers are a “project” and GB has said he will need “a few” windows to get a squad that JDT is happy with. To me it’s clear as day he’s got at least two years to develop our own players before there’s any serious pressure to move us on from where Mowbray had us - floating between 7th and 14th. 

1 minute ago, J*B said:

Because he’s said multiple times that Rovers are a “project” and GB has said he will need “a few” windows to get a squad that JDT is happy with. To me it’s clear as day he’s got at least two years to develop our own players before there’s any serious pressure to move us on from where Mowbray had us - floating between 7th and 14th. 

I don't think that there is any chance of him being sacked even if we decline due to our terrible owners. But every manager says the same stuff, ultimately he should have to prove that a plan is coming together as we go to continue with it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I don't think that there is any chance of him being sacked even if we decline due to our terrible owners. But every manager says the same stuff, ultimately he should have to prove that a plan is coming together as we go to continue with it.

I think we’ll probably need to go backwards from where Mowbray had us so that we can go forwards / ‘to the next level’ with JDT. I can see big changes over the next 2 years, I suspect we start next season without: 

Ayala, Dack, Pickering, Brereton, Gallagher. 

Something like… 

Kaminski

Hyam Phillips Wharton 

Brittain Wharton Travis Batty (new?) 

Hedges Szmodics New