BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

On 17/04/2023 at 15:48, chaddyrovers said:

Yes they could sell players but you aren't going to get the transfer fees back for most. Most would be sold for loss plus it would b massive turnover there plus other issues. 

the owner has caused this problem there by no clear and coherent transfer and recruitment plan there during his time. 

Not to mention hiring shite managers like the Spanish waiter and that absolute joke Fwank Lampturd.

Edited by Blow-in
I can't spell

29 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

Not to mention hiring shite managers like the Spanish waiter and that absolute joke Fwank Lampturd.

He has hired so many different types of managers with all different playing styles which means more money has to be spend on players who fit that style. Like I said several time no proper or coherent plan from him who has spend over 600 millions on players

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

He has hired so many different types of managers with all different playing styles which means more money has to be spend on players who fit that style. Like I said several time no proper or coherent plan from him who has spend over 600 millions on players

How would you describe Frank's management style? other then lose-aholic?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Blow-in said:

His style is that he can't set up a back 4 to consistently keep clean sheets.  

He should not have left Derby as soon as he did. He may have got them up. I'm sure that Chelsea would have given him a few more loan players. 

Alas, he jumped to the most volatile high profile job in the Premier League and was found out pretty quickly. Transfer ban or not.

The problems that Chelsea are experiencing in his current stint aren't his fault though. There have been many column inches written about the new owners' haphazard signings but they haven't had a strong consistent goalscorer since Diego Costa, and he signed nearly 10 years ago. Morata, Lukaku, Abraham, Werner and others were all signed to be the 20+ goal striker yet none of them succeeded.

If this team had Haaland, Kane, or Rashford, they'd be in a Champions League spot.

On 18/04/2023 at 21:28, Blow-in said:

His preferred formation is 4-3-3 overall from what I've seen. He was to pass the ball to feet but over the years you seen different managers who wants to play different style/formation plus different players. 

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

His preferred formation is 4-3-3 overall from what I've seen. He was to pass the ball to feet but over the years you seen different managers who wants to play different style/formation plus different players. 

If Tomasson went in the summer for whatever reason, would you have him here?

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

If Tomasson went in the summer for whatever reason, would you have him here?

Been waiting for that question for a while. 

Nope. Can't afford his wages, coaching team or the players he would want here. 

More than happy with JDT here. Just let him continue his good work here

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Been waiting for that question for a while. 

Nope. Can't afford his wages, coaching team or the players he would want here. 

More than happy with JDT here. Just let him continue his good work here

I find it absolutely incredible that you repeatedly cannot separate the situations, obviously I am not advocating sacking Tomasson in the summer. I am saying if and when, maybe Tomasson will go elsewhere, maybe he will get fed up with the set up here, maybe a bigger side will try and poach him, maybe this summer, maybe next, whenever.

I also don't get why you think Lampard would be unobtainable, he will be a free agent with at best a sketchy CV, I would be flabbergasted (not totally though, looking at some of the strange managerial decisions that clubs make in the Premier League) if any Premier League teams wanted him.

So I will re-word. Whenever Tomasson goes, assuming Lampard would consider coming, would you take him?

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I find it absolutely incredible that you repeatedly cannot separate the situations, obviously I am not advocating sacking Tomasson in the summer. I am saying if and when, maybe Tomasson will go elsewhere, maybe he will get fed up with the set up here, maybe a bigger side will try and poach him, maybe this summer, maybe next, whenever.

I also don't get why you think Lampard would be unobtainable, he will be a free agent with at best a sketchy CV, I would be flabbergasted (not totally though, looking at some of the strange managerial decisions that clubs make in the Premier League) if any Premier League teams wanted him.

So I will re-word. Whenever Tomasson goes, assuming Lampard would consider coming, would you take him?

Of course he can separate the situations! He knew exactly what you were saying but chose to WUM and pretend he didn't. 

It's why in pretty sure he's just on the WUM, of which the blind defence of Lampard is probably part of it too. 

From the context to the language used it's obvious it's hypothetical. He'd have to genuinely not understand concepts around words such as "if" and "want" to answer as he did. He'd also have to have zero appreciation of context given the conversation is clearly talking about managerial ability rather than a non existent managerial hunt. 

It's a sneaky, weasely answer imo and very poor form. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

not strictly the premier league but man utd have been totally outplayed by seville,iv`e not seen such a one sided game for a long time

United look a disastrous side when maguire and lindelof start as the CBs and with Bruno out and de gea having a mare  it was just all wrong from them tonight 

• Like 1