BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

Scott Parker is having a good old moan at Bournemouth about their lack of transfers. Only signed 3 players, of which two including Rothwell are injured. They only have 3 central defenders too according to the report in The Telegraph. Financially bullied their way out of the Champ then stall in the Prem, weird.

• Like 3

Bank the money, accept they stand a good chance of going down but go back down with a squad that should get them back up. Rinse and repeat. If squad not deemed good enough, do what they did last time and hoover up many of the best players in the divison.

Edited by JacknOry

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Bank the money, accept they stand a good chance of going down but go back down with a squad that should get them back up. Rinse and repeat. If squad not deemed good enough, do what they did last time and hoover up many of the best players in the divison.

rumour has it the the owner has turned off the money tap

28 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Gotta say, I loved hearing Dean Henderson slagging Utd off today.

Something tells me he's trying to get a permanent move out of there. You don't usually come out with stuff like that about your parent club whilst only out on loan.

it must be a bad dressing room at man utd if players are wanting to get away,it`s man utd,a club that every lad aspires to play for( i did`nt though,i hate the *****!!)

• Like 2

Something weird is going on at Man Utd. The dressing room didn't feel happy last season and comments from Shaw and Lingard backed this up. Players looked broken and not united in any way. Ronaldo and others leaving a preseason game at half time as well. 

Ten hag just needs to gut the club of the rotten apples and build a team. They'd be better off without Ronaldo from that respect. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Oh yeah, but all is forgiven if he's slagging that lot off in public! 🤣

Well he signed a six year contract so that’s his own fault, I’ve never liked him since his Shrewsbury days, cocky bastard and I don’t rate him as a goalie either. How he ever thought he could be number one at United is beyond me, he’s top end Championship lower end Prem standard all day. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, RoverDom said:

Something weird is going on at Man Utd. The dressing room didn't feel happy last season and comments from Shaw and Lingard backed this up. Players looked broken and not united in any way. Ronaldo and others leaving a preseason game at half time as well. 

Ten hag just needs to gut the club of the rotten apples and build a team. They'd be better off without Ronaldo from that respect. 

Big, big problems at the Red Rats. I’m not sure even Klopp or Guardiola could sort them out any more. It’s gone beyond any one man. They need to fire the lot and start from scratch, which isn’t going to happen.

• Backroom

ETH called out the players who left before the end of the pre-season game, although I think his comments were mainly aimed at Ronaldo, as none of the others were in the match day squad. 

If he thinks the club will ultimately back him over the players, though, I think he's going to be disappointed. Just like pretty much every manager since Fergie left, the players will undermine and force him out if he doesn't do as they please.

Terrible situation for them to be in. Never mind though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DE. said:

ETH called out the players who left before the end of the pre-season game, although I think his comments were mainly aimed at Ronaldo, as none of the others were in the match day squad. 

If he thinks the club will ultimately back him over the players, though, I think he's going to be disappointed. Just like pretty much every manager since Fergie left, the players will undermine and force him out if he doesn't do as they please.

Terrible situation for them to be in. Never mind though.

I doubt that Ten Hag will win a standoff with Ronaldo. I was talking to a Man U supporting mate of mine yesterday, he was very dismissive of Ronaldo and wants him out of the door. Yet 12 months ago he was hailing him as the man who would fire them to Champions League glory.

I would give Ronaldo his wish and let him leave. He doesn't have as many options as he though initially. 

Ultimately, like Rovers, until Man U get new owners - or the Glazers decide to change their style - they'll continue in their current iteration.

firstly, looking to the new PL season and I think going to be very entertaining and interesting from a natural. 

On the Ten Hag and Ronaldo situation, I think he will leave United before the deadline possible for Sporting If United pay him off leaving him a free. 

27 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Considering how poor their other attacking options are, they would be crazy to pay Ronaldo off.

Ronaldo isn't fit is he? plus he has upset Ten Hag again by going home early from a game. 

Time to get rid of him and the problems at United started when they re-signed him. They will be better team without him IMO. 

41 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ronaldo isn't fit is he? plus he has upset Ten Hag again by going home early from a game. 

Time to get rid of him and the problems at United started when they re-signed him. They will be better team without him IMO. 

If you think that the problems started a year ago at United then you must have been living in a cave prior.

16 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I hope he stays . The more poison in the chalice the better 

If the reason for his strop is that he really wants Champs League football this season he has to leave. Although he knew in May that it wasn't going to happen. However, he is under contract at Man U so they have the upper hand. Yet, who wants a sulking superstar around? 

I'm all for this carrying on for a while though and aiding the continuation of the lack of success.

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Considering how poor their other attacking options are, they would be crazy to pay Ronaldo off.

I think that Rashford has the potential to be a class centre forward, but just like everything else at Man U, he's been mismanaged. Klopp would turn him into a world beater.

Outside of him do they have anyone else who can play up the middle? 

45 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

If the reason for his strop is that he really wants Champs League football this season he has to leave. Although he knew in May that it wasn't going to happen. However, he is under contract at Man U so they have the upper hand. Yet, who wants a sulking superstar around? 

I'm all for this carrying on for a while though and aiding the continuation of the lack of success.

I think that Rashford has the potential to be a class centre forward, but just like everything else at Man U, he's been mismanaged. Klopp would turn him into a world beater.

Outside of him do they have anyone else who can play up the middle? 

Ive never been convinced by Rashford, can be very lazy and has never kicked on. The type of player who the media portray as not playing well because of any reason but his own application and ability.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'd love to see Ten Haag put Ronaldo in the reserves. That would send a proper message to the rest of the squad and the world about who's in charge. 

Plus Ronaldo, as great as he's been in his career has been stat padding and playing for himself for the best part of 4 years now, if not longer. I'd love to see the masses who fawn over him throw their toys out the pram. That would make me happier than any United demise. Admittedly they are both past it now, but in their generation there was one player who stood head and shoulders above the rest, a true footballer in every sense of the word, and that was Leo Messi. It's an endless debate and one that bores me to death. But I'd enjoy seeing the arrogant one put in his place.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

If you think that the problems started a year ago at United then you must have been living in a cave prior.

In previous season they finished second. OGS signed the players he wanted last season until United went and signed Ronaldo who wasn't OGS decision to sign him

1 hour ago, ben_the_beast said:

I'd love to see Ten Haag put Ronaldo in the reserves. That would send a proper message to the rest of the squad and the world about who's in charge. 

Plus Ronaldo, as great as he's been in his career has been stat padding and playing for himself for the best part of 4 years now, if not longer. I'd love to see the masses who fawn over him throw their toys out the pram. That would make me happier than any United demise. Admittedly they are both past it now, but in their generation there was one player who stood head and shoulders above the rest, a true footballer in every sense of the word, and that was Leo Messi. It's an endless debate and one that bores me to death. But I'd enjoy seeing the arrogant one put in his place.

That would great, Ronaldo with his bottom lip out playing for the reserves. Let him rot. I’ve never liked the diving, cheating, arrogant bastard. 

• Like 2