BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

I'm looking forward to seeing new Championship season now. Only 6 weeks away now before the season starts and fixtures are our on 23rd June. 

Rovers, Dingles Blackpool, QPR and Watford have new head coaches in charge. 

I think it will be wide open division and I don't see any clear favourite at this stage. Could change but its will down to recruitment and who clubs sign. 

• Like 1

The relegated trio will all be in the picture for promotion im sure. Boro under Wilder I think will be in the shake up too, West Brom with Swift, a fit again Dike and more to come will be up there I think and I would suspect that Sheffield United and Huddersfield will fancy going again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The relegated trio will all be in the picture for promotion im sure. Boro under Wilder I think will be in the shake up too, West Brom with Swift, a fit again Dike and more to come will be up there I think and I would suspect that Sheffield United and Huddersfield will fancy going again.

Will Luton be up there again ?

Watford under Rob Edwards will be interesting to see what he can do there and can he get them up or will be sack quickly if results goes wrong. 

Norwich. Can Pukki and other key players still perform at this level or will Smith move Idah into the main striker role. 

Burnley, need around 10 players, Will key players leave? Will Kompany used his old City links for players. Will he understand what is need at this level. Plus will his staff have championship experience. 

Boro under Wilder could be up there but signings there in key positions. Will David McGoldrick end up there? 

Sheffield United. Suffered massive injuries problems in the striker department. How much will they spend. 

Can Luton and Huddersfield repeat last season form and results. 

How will Michael Beale at QPR do there? 

Its deffo going to be very interesting and exciting championship 

Burnley still have a good core of players that will either be really good at this level or be sold for big money. Pope, Weghorst and Cornet surely will leave but the likes of Collins, Taylor, Brownhill, Rodriguez, Vydra, Roberts, Lowton, Gudmundson etc are a good core. @chaddyrovers you question Kompanys knowledge of the league, im guessing that Tomasson has the same question marks.

Norwich have quite a lot of crap that they signed last season but the standard is low in the Championship so I think they and Watford will be up there.

35 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Will Luton be up there again ?

Good question. Losing Naismith is a big blow and the big question is whether Adebajo stays. They seemed to be riding the crest of a wave last season and id say they are the least likely out of the 3 non promoted play off teams but they have a good manager and some decent players.

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Birmingham City potential new owner being interviewed here by Simon Jordan and Jim White. Very bizarre interview. 

A naive move by him to go on talkSPORT where Simon Jordan could give him a grilling and rip his explanations up. He deserves it though.

Listening to him, it's no surprise the crocodile tear spiv tried to get him to buy Rovers before he found Venky's. I'd be very worried if I was a Birmingham fan with this chancer trying to get a hold of the club.

• Like 1

I expect Middlesbrough and West Brom to be top 6 certs. With a full pre season and some good transfer business Wilder and Bruce will have their sides in contention.

You'd expect at least one of Watford or Norwich with their squads to be in there too. Not sure Dean Smith is all he's made out to be (both Brentford and Villa improved after he left) and I think Norwich might struggle to hit the heights of Farke's time.

Dingles will hopefully struggle but I suspect they will 'go for it' relatively speaking in the hope/need to get back up quickly. We need to hope they don't whilst their parachute cash dries up and then they will be stuffed.

My dark horse tip is Sunderland. Think with promotion, some decent business, a decent manager and large support behind them they might be up there.

Think we are in that category where if it all comes together we could be a surprise package but we could just as easily be in serious relegation trouble. I don't want to dampen the mood after a refreshing introduction with JDT but there's a lot to be done and a lot of unknowns at this point.

Birmingham a disaster waiting to happen if Bazini takes over but I can't see that going through. 

Tips to struggle - Reading under Ince, possibly Blackpool, Rotherham, Wigan, Cardiff

Us, QPR, Hull are in that unknown category with relatively new coaches and likely big changes to playing staff.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Burnley still have a good core of players that will either be really good at this level or be sold for big money. Pope, Weghorst and Cornet surely will leave but the likes of Collins, Taylor, Brownhill, Rodriguez, Vydra, Roberts, Lowton, Gudmundson etc are a good core.

Vydra has sign a new contract there yet. 

Quite a few of the squad are over 31 years old there. Need a few signings. 

@chaddyrovers you question Kompanys knowledge of the league, im guessing that Tomasson has the same question marks.

A decent point but he has Championship experience on his staff. Kompany hasn't brought any staff in yet.

Norwich have quite a lot of crap that they signed last season but the standard is low in the Championship so I think they and Watford will be up there.

We have to see. Plenty to transfers to be happen. Watford under Rob Edwards, we have see how they under him

43 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

A naive move by him to go on talkSPORT where Simon Jordan could give him a grilling and rip his explanations up. He deserves it though.

Listening to him, it's no surprise the crocodile tear spiv tried to get him to buy Rovers before he found Venky's. I'd be very worried if I was a Birmingham fan with this chancer trying to get a hold of the club.

I don't understand why he is buying them? 

I wonder who these people are who he says will join the club?

Will Lee Bowyer stay on there? I think he will leave.  

Edited by chaddyrovers

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Vydra has sign a new contract there yet. 

Quite a few of the squad are over 31 years old there. Need a few signings. 

A decent point but he has Championship experience on his staff. Kompany hasn't brought any staff in yet.

We have to see. Plenty to transfers to be happen. Watford under Rob Edwards, we have see how they under him

Tomasson's assistant had a short and unsuccesful spell at Sheffield Wednesday, hardly a major difference between the 2 situations. You seem to have an obsession over "Championship experience" regardless of the success of it. 

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's a strange one. Made even stranger by the fact that David Sullivan is funding most of it. Bassini said he is putting in £10m himself. Sullivan is reportedly putting in £35m to help him buy it. It doesn't make any sense.

Bassini said in that TalkSPORT clip that he has a document stating that if he defaults, then David Sullivan will not take control of the club. However, most of the journalists are saying the opposite, I.e Sullivan will take over in that situation.

I think Bowyer will leave based on how Bassini tried to avoid the question.

Tomasson's assistant had a short and unsuccesful spell at Sheffield Wednesday, hardly a major difference between the 2 situations. You seem to have an obsession over "Championship experience" regardless of the success of it. 

He was there for 2 seasons I believe. 

46 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

It's a strange one. Made even stranger by the fact that David Sullivan is funding most of it. Bassini said he is putting in £10m himself. Sullivan is reportedly putting in £35m to help him buy it. It doesn't make any sense.

Bassini said in that TalkSPORT clip that he has a document stating that if he defaults, then David Sullivan will not take control of the club. However, most of the journalists are saying the opposite, I.e Sullivan will take over in that situation.

I think Bowyer will leave based on how Bassini tried to avoid the question.

I agree on both points. 

I think Bowyer will go. 

14 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Burnley still have a good core of players that will either be really good at this level or be sold for big money. Pope, Weghorst and Cornet surely will leave but the likes of Collins, Taylor, Brownhill, Rodriguez, Vydra, Roberts, Lowton, Gudmundson etc are a good core. @chaddyrovers you question Kompanys knowledge of the league, im guessing that Tomasson has the same question marks.

Big challenge for a decent number in Burnley's squad will be whether they can stay fit and hungry in a Championship season. Quite a few in their 30s now and have struggled to play much more than 20 games a season, despite only playing once a week and never doing anything in the cups.

If they crack that side of things then they could obviously do well and bounce straight back, but I get the feeling the relegation has come at a bad time in a lot of their careers.

15 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers, Dingles Blackpool, QPR and Watford have new head coaches in charge. 

I think it will be wide open division and I don't see any clear favourite at this stage. Could change but its will down to recruitment and who clubs sign. 

Of the recently appointed coaches ours looks the best of those four. As you say it’s now down to recruitment.

6 hours ago, booth said:

Of the recently appointed coaches ours looks the best of those four. As you say it’s now down to recruitment.

Blackpool are yet to appoint a replacement for Critchley now which I am surprise by. 

All down to recruitment now

7 hours ago, goozburger said:

According to those blessed with additional digits and their Belgian contacts, Kompany is a hero at Anderlecht who did an outstanding job during their darkest period. I don't know much about that, but it does look as though Anderlecht haven't had a great time in the last several years. Perhaps Kompany is better than we give him credit for, but we'll see, I guess.

I read that he's getting paid 2.9m Euros per year. I don't know how true that is, but Burnley would appear to be looking at splashing out on an instant return if you tie that in with their supposed loan repayment being reduced or deferred.

As I said elsewhere, Kompany was at Anderlecht as a kid, broke into the first team then went back after he'd finished in England. So he's a hero regardless of results. His career as a manager is pretty limited and unspectacular but in the Championship may find it easier than managing the (struggling) top club in Belgium.

Similar to JDT really, took on the biggest team in the country, under acheiving. Finished 8th and 3rd.

But JDT finished top two years running 👏👏👏

Both managers are an unknown quantity in the EFL.

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Looks like departing QPR number 2 John Eustace is set to be appoint Birmingham City manager

QPR confirm departure of Eustace - West London Sport

Yeah, Bassini didn't sound convinced about keeping Bowyer on. Warburton getting the Birmingham job with Eustace as his assistant.

Decent appointment for them is Warburton. The ownership issue is a big problem for them though.

16 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Yeah, Bassini didn't sound convinced about keeping Bowyer on. Warburton getting the Birmingham job with Eustace as his assistant.

Decent appointment for them is Warburton. The ownership issue is a big problem for them though.

Surprised Mark Warburton is going there. Agree it a decent appointment for them. 

Its a massive rebuilding job there

12 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Appleton confirmed at Blackpool. Nixon was adamant that it was Rosenior.

Was just going to come on and say that. Another clanger from @chaddyrovers boy Nixon. He was adamant about Kirchner getting the takeover of Derby completed and then it collapsed so that’s two clangers he’s dropped in a short space of time. Nicko is on a bad run!