BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lenihan sent off today as Boro lose 3-2 to QPR

It looks like Lenihan was playing the central role in the back three today, for Boro, that is, the van Hecke role, and did a van Hecke versus Fulham to get sent off (though not as spectacular).

I'm sure he'll improve but the highlights suggest he really struggled. He stood off for the opening stunning strike by Willock and then got overpowered at the corner, though, it wasn't his man who scored.

Decision-making in that role is even more vital because, more often than not, it's the last man. Lenihan has a preference, I think, to stand-off his man but he's got to be more decisive and aggressive to make it there.

Hell fire, we grumble about our pitch sometimes but that Coventry pitch is absolutely horrific especially in August! They're going to struggle to recover that now this season it looks like it needs a complete re-seed which would mean not using it for a while.

This is the Ricoh Arena pitch which has caused the postponement of today's game against Rotherham. Hopefully Rotherham fans who have booked trains will be compensated. Surely they will have to re lay this to get it anywhere near the standard required. I don't see how a few Rugby sevens games could have caused this. Certainly it wouldn't have been helpful but plenty of clubs allow rugby on their pitches without these kind of issues.

image.png.52d044a58d324f34196040b1f70efbde.png

50 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Hell fire, we grumble about our pitch sometimes but that Coventry pitch is absolutely horrific especially in August! They're going to struggle to recover that now this season it looks like it needs a complete re-seed which would mean not using it for a while.

Apparently they recently played 60 games of rugby on it. 900 minutes worth. 

Edited by JacknOry

15 hours ago, riverholmes said:

It looks like Lenihan was playing the central role in the back three today, for Boro, that is, the van Hecke role, and did a van Hecke versus Fulham to get sent off (though not as spectacular).

I'm sure he'll improve but the highlights suggest he really struggled. He stood off for the opening stunning strike by Willock and then got overpowered at the corner, though, it wasn't his man who scored.

Decision-making in that role is even more vital because, more often than not, it's the last man. Lenihan has a preference, I think, to stand-off his man but he's got to be more decisive and aggressive to make it there.

Yes he is playing in the middle of the back 3 which I surprise with. I thought Paddy McNair would play there with Lenihan right centre back and Fry on the left. Not happened yet, But also surprised how small their squad is. Lacking depth in centre back, centre midfield and up front

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Watford are terrifying on the counter - they have speed all over the pitch.

I’d be amazed if even 2 of the front 3 are still there by the time we play them. 

They’re getting battered here but 1 bit of quality from Sarr is the difference whereas Grant couldn’t finish his dinner. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, superniko said:

I’d be amazed if even 2 of the front 3 are still there by the time we play them. 

They’re getting battered here but 1 bit of quality from Sarr is the difference whereas Grant couldn’t finish his dinner. 

Oh absolutely fingers crossed the PL comes and rips the heart out of their team - but right now, bloody hell that front 3 is terrifying. 

Also this random old bloke with a towel allowing Furlong to dry the ball before his long throw has to bugger off. That shouldn't be allowed. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 1

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

aye,if he starts that **** again get the ballboys to throw them in the crowd!!!!!!!!

In fairness it was Ismael but West Brom pulled a fast one. With us being at home West Brom should have asked for permission before the game but didn't. The referee allowed them to do it when it was in his power to stop it but he was weak.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Hopefully Tomasson tells Bruce to f*** off when he wants to put towels out on the touchlines. 

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

aye,if he starts that **** again get the ballboys to throw them in the crowd!!!!!!!!

The whole towel thing pisses me off. I can’t remember who we played last season(could have been WBA), but we were trailing and the towel bullshit really slowed the game down. 

• Like 1