BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

I was shocked that Alex Neil is leaving Sunderland so soon after joining them, but after reading a few articles tonight he seems unhappy with the transfers and strategy there at the Stadium of light. It will be interesting to see who they go for as head coach. Tony Mowbray maybe. he the odds on favourite according to this Sunderland fans site Tony Mowbray the early favourite . . . | RTG Sunderland Message Boards (readytogo.net) . I would be surprised if they went for him but should anything surprise us in football now. 

Sunderland have put Alex Neil number 2 in charge for tomorrow game according to reports but I would expect him to move to Stoke with Alex Neil when that gets confirm over the weekend

Let's be honest, I bet a potential big pay rise will be as big a reason as any.

For a club who have just been promoted and seemingly aren't spending big money, and I suspect this will be laughed off, but they could do much worse than Mowbray. Certainly a safe pair of hands if they can't attract a Dyche-esque appointment, and better than a number of other current managers at this level.

I don't get Alex Neil to Stoke. They've literally just sacked their manager.

Surely they need to advertise the post, wait for applications, decide on a few to interview, listen to their presentations,  Pontificate a bit, interview a few new candidates, offend a couple of managers with low offers, then appoint somebody left field.  

How the hell does he expect to just walk in there within 72 hours?

He's taking the piss. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Interesting to see young Mcatee for SU tonight...completely out of his depth,  subbed at half time.   These loans don't always work out 

proper old school match tonight,the lad won`t have experienced anything like it in the u23`s,which in no way prepares you for a competetive full on match,we have the same scenario with vale,bring back the central league i say

• Like 4

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

proper old school match tonight,the lad won`t have experienced anything like it in the u23`s,which in no way prepares you for a competetive full on match,we have the same scenario with vale,bring back the central league i say

Ironically he might go the same way as his brother at grimsby....go down to go up...

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I was shocked that Alex Neil is leaving Sunderland so soon after joining them, but after reading a few articles tonight he seems unhappy with the transfers and strategy there at the Stadium of light. It will be interesting to see who they go for as head coach. Tony Mowbray maybe. he the odds on favourite according to this Sunderland fans site Tony Mowbray the early favourite . . . | RTG Sunderland Message Boards (readytogo.net) . I would be surprised if they went for him but should anything surprise us in football now. 

Sunderland have put Alex Neil number 2 in charge for tomorrow game according to reports but I would expect him to move to Stoke with Alex Neil when that gets confirm over the weekend

If Mowbray went to Sunderland, at least he couldn’t complain about being far from Middlesbrough- despite knowing where the club have played for the whole of their existence.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Ironically he might go the same way as his brother at grimsby....go down to go up...

He moved to Luton in the summer for an undisclosed fee and was immediately loaned back to Grimsby for the season. I saw him several times last season and he aS the best player in the National Conference.

24 minutes ago, arbitro said:

He moved to Luton in the summer for an undisclosed fee and was immediately loaned back to Grimsby for the season. I saw him several times last season and he aS the best player in the National Conference.

Ye I know John, was a good player as a young lad, was at Utd for a while....Good move that 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, JacknOry said:

The guy who does the Championship predictions on Skysports website. Ex player. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11938403/david-pruttons-sky-bet-championship-predictions

He pushed a ref once, nobody needs lessons in morality from that weapon.