BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Appleton is a terrible appointment by Blackpool. A very poor manager and a season of struggle may unfold off the back of such a managerial downgrade.

My friend who is Blackpool supporter and season ticket holder is ok with this appointment. Says its better than appointing Michael Duff for example. 

My own view is Michael Appleton is a decent appointment there. I think they will finish around 15/16th place

8 hours ago, Butty said:

Was just going to come on and say that. Another clanger from @chaddyrovers boy Nixon. He was adamant about Kirchner getting the takeover of Derby completed and then it collapsed so that’s two clangers he’s dropped in a short space of time. Nicko is on a bad run! 

not sure why you bringing me into this

8 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

With regards to Birmingham City, doesn't David Sullivan co-own West Ham along with David Gold? How can someone have an interest in two clubs and be OK? Anyway, that Bassini guy has been ruining clubs for years, so I have no idea how he keeps popping up and being passed off as legit.

Isn't David Sullivan loaning Bassini the money to buy the club?

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

My friend who is Blackpool supporter and season ticket holder is ok with this appointment. Says its better than appointing Michael Duff for example. 

My own view is Michael Appleton is a decent appointment there. I think they will finish around 15/16th place

not sure why you bringing me into this

Isn't David Sullivan loaning Bassini the money to buy the club?

Hes shit. Really disliked his spell here and was delighted when he was sacked so soon. Michael Duff did a very good job at Cheltenham so unsure why your mate thinks that.

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Hes shit. Really disliked his spell here and was delighted when he was sacked so soon. Michael Duff did a very good job at Cheltenham so unsure why your mate thinks that.

well that's your opinion whilst mine is different to yours. Appleton was trying to sort the mess that was left after Kean and Berg plus the boardroom mess. Instead Bowyer had to sort it all out

Its his opinion and he has made very valid points/opinion on Duff 

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

well that's your opinion whilst mine is different to yours. Appleton was trying to sort the mess that was left after Kean and Berg plus the boardroom mess. Instead Bowyer had to sort it all out

Its his opinion and he has made very valid points/opinion on Duff 

Appleton like Lambert was a much better talker than a doer. Duff has already got a promotion on his CV.

• Moderation Lead
13 hours ago, goozburger said:

Appleton confirmed at Blackpool. Nixon was adamant that it was Rosenior.

12 hours ago, Butty said:

Was just going to come on and say that. Another clanger from @chaddyrovers boy Nixon. He was adamant about Kirchner getting the takeover of Derby completed and then it collapsed so that’s two clangers he’s dropped in a short space of time. Nicko is on a bad run! 

When was he last on a good run?!

11 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Fixtures anyone??

IIRC we're not allowed to post the list on here, but here's a link to them on the Rovers website:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2022/june/23/rovers-to-kick-off-with-qpr-/

Edit: Incidentally, my daughter is made up this morning as the one they put up on instagram has a photo of her & her mate on it.

Edited by windymiller7
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Armstrong to Watford with a loan to buy fee of just over £8m! Rovers have a sell on clause for him but at that price it won’t be much

It must be nice to have PL money. 

They've essentially written Armstrong off as a massive waste of money. 

3 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Armstrong to Watford with a loan to buy fee of just over £8m! Rovers have a sell on clause for him but at that price it won’t be much

Clever move for Watford. 

Armstrong is clearly a championship level striker, not got enough about his game for the Premier League. 

But £8 mill for a guy who can get you the goals for promotion - and a loan first so can pull out if necessary (possibly?)  - is good going. 

With these fees am.a bit worried what we will get for Bereton. Granted he's a keeper but proven Prem level keeper Pope gone for £10 mill allegedly. Armstrong with a better Championship track record £8 million. Makes getting a big fee for Ben much harder imo. 

13 hours ago, islander200 said:

It won't be anything I'd presume as usually those clauses work off profit 

Usually, but you never know, especially given hoe we paid Newcastle a slice. Maybe if sold within a certain timeframe or above a certain figure, but hopefully we get something.

5 minutes ago, lraC said:

Usually, but you never know, especially given hoe we paid Newcastle a slice. Maybe if sold within a certain timeframe or above a certain figure, but hopefully we get something.

He has failed to achieve most of the kick in clauses inserted when he left Ewood and if he is sold Rovers will get a compensatory lump sum from Southampton 

• Like 1

On 26/06/2022 at 17:37, Exiled_Rover said:

It must be nice to have PL money. 

They've essentially written Armstrong off as a massive waste of money. 

I could have told Southampton that before they bought him. Championship striker?....Yes. Prem?........No.

Maybe that'll stop Southampton sniffing round our players for a while.

• Like 2