BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wilder surely can't have long left at Boro. 

If either club should their manager, who would they go for? interesting question

Agree, both are probably on thin ice. Bruce more so in my mind, but that's more my gut than any rational. 

Should go for Rowett, he's constantly getting Millwall to punch above their weight. Did likewise at Brum. And that's what they need given their respective squads' quality. 

• Like 1

On 30/09/2022 at 22:41, chaddyrovers said:

Hull need an experience head coach in there, someone like Carlos Corberan would be ideal for them. 

Surprised Rotherham haven't appointed anyone yet either

I dont get why Hull (established Championship club with a good core of quality) need experience yet Rotherham (historical yo-yo club) should be taking a risk on someone young.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Agree, both are probably on thin ice. Bruce more so in my mind, but that's more my gut than any rational. 

Should go for Rowett, he's constantly getting Millwall to punch above their weight. Did likewise at Brum. And that's what they need given their respective squads' quality. 

I think both are probably have thin ice and I would expect both will get the next 2 games then a decision might be made given that both teams don't have a midweek game like we do. 

I would imagine Dyche would be one of the favourites for the job. 

I had a look on one of fans site of Boro fans and not many people saying Wilder need to go but few people were suggesting Rob Edwards the former Watford and Forest Green Rovers head coach taking over. Some people on their feel that few signings were Wilder choice either like Forss and Hoppe. 

39 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont get why Hull (established Championship club with a good core of quality) need experience yet Rotherham (historical yo-yo club) should be taking a risk on someone young.

2 clubs at very different stages and squad which need different type of coaches in my opinion. 

Rotherham united have offered the job to Exeter City manager Matt Taylor who is only 40 years old but been a number 1 for 4 seasons. While Hull are looking at Carlos Carvalhal as a possible option to become next head coach. They are looking to appoint before the next game

33 minutes ago, rigger said:

They could just swap managers.

Not sure that would be welcome by either fan base. 

Surprised he didn't do well there, he's done a good job everywhere else. He started well but it fizzled out last year and this year has been desperately poor by all accounts.

Sure he will go somewhere else and do well enough, but Boro definitely needed something different. 

All set up for their 'new manager bounce' when we play them in 2-3 weeks!

Edited by smiller14
  • Like 4

Very surprised that it didn't work out for Wilder. 

I would've backed him to turn it around given more time, but I think it goes to show the sheer randomness of managers being a success or failure when you appoint them, especially at this level. A nearly unblemished CV and a good squad with a few quid spent on it, and yet he's gone by the start of October.

Reminds me a bit of Hughton at Forest last year. Nothing about his career until that point suggested that they should have underperformed as much as they did, but sometimes even good managers can be the wrong man at the wrong time. 

Edited by Admiral Nelsen
  • Like 4

I feel the ideas of a lot of the old school managers don't work in the modern game. The likes of Wilder and Bruce have outdated ideas. Even the safest pair of hands who would always keep you up - Allardyce and Pulis - no longer get work as their ideas don't work anymore. Mark Hughes has to ply his trade in lge 2 now and he was probably the best manager we had since Kenny Dalglish. 

• Moderation Lead

I’m not sure Wilder is that old school, he’s been managing in the top two divisions for under ten years. Bruce though, pretty much the definition of borrowed time that he’s on….

56 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

I feel the ideas of a lot of the old school managers don't work in the modern game. The likes of Wilder and Bruce have outdated ideas. Even the safest pair of hands who would always keep you up - Allardyce and Pulis - no longer get work as their ideas don't work anymore. Mark Hughes has to ply his trade in lge 2 now and he was probably the best manager we had since Kenny Dalglish. 

To counter that Edwards at Watford, Schofield and Huddersfield and Rosenoir at Derby have all lost their jobs. Every manager knows the risks and failure is generally a lucrative thing. I read Mourinho has earned over £80m from his sackings over the years.