BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

50 minutes ago, Gav said:

Here's the original quote, with the bit you omitted: 

Its never been clearer that money talks in this league, very rarely do clubs without Premiership money, parachute payments prosper, despite the best efforts of all involved.

You need money to get out of this league, as the league table for past 5yrs shows, very few break the mould (Sheff Utd).

I think one point we can both agree on, after that last night, or trading needs to improve significantly, its clearly not enough to turn £2m players into £20m with addons at today Blackburn Rovers. 

It was the insinuation that you need premiership payments to achieve success. I replied its not true because clubs that dont have premiership money DO have success and DO get promoted. We're in a bit of a circle here.

Howver forget we are talking about Rovers. The point is you can trade your way to promotion. It's difficult but this is sport and it does happen, and probably more often than your post above implies.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

Last season Fulham were a class above but this season there’s literally not one stand-out side. League full of bang average sides as the gulf between the Champ and the Prem just continues to grow. It’s anyone’s this season, we can get in that top six IF we add another 2/3 in Jan. 

• Like 1

Gibson has plenty of form for appointing first time managers like Bryan Robson, Steve McClaren, Gareth Southgate, Jonathan Woodgate and Altor Karanka. He has appointed Tony Pulis, Neil Warnock and Chris Wilder none who delivered what he wanted which is promotion. 

Boro want a head coach who will work with their director of football Keiran Scott from what has been reported by the media from when Wilder was sacked.  

13 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

An owner who has owned a club for nearly thirty years has obviously appointed various types of manager with varying levels of experience over that time… so what’s your point?

Like I posted in the post Gibson has a history of appointing people for their first job in management like he has done with Bryan Robson, Steve McClaren, Gareth Southgate, Jonathan Woodgate and Altor Karanka. Robson delivered Promotion to PL, McClaren delivered a league cup and European football and Karanka delivered Promotion and PL football 

Top 2 teams losing with Norwich losing PNE 3-2 and Sheffield Utd losing 3-1 to Stoke

Blackpool losing to Watford 3-1. Bilic under pressure after 3 games? 🤣

Swansea beating Mowbray's Sunderland 2-1. 

Boro losing 2 nil to Millwall. 

West Brom nil nil with Luton. WBA fans were singing "stand up if you want Bruce out" during the game. I don't think he will last much longer there. Fans have turned on him now. Its about who they want in to replace with him

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

If the point is that Boro have had success from appointing first time managers, then we will ignore Robson's relegation with a very expensively assembled side, Woodgate overseeing a dramatic slide down the table and Southgate taking Boro down.

Didn't Robson bring them back up after that Relegation if memory serves me correct? 

Woodgate didn't do great granted, 

Southgate did very well there in his first 2 seasons before the third season ended with relegation, but he was 4th in the championship when they sacked him after 2 nil win against Derby. replaced by Strachan who did nothing there. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Top 2 teams losing with Norwich losing PNE 3-2 and Sheffield Utd losing 3-1 to Stoke

Blackpool losing to Watford 3-1. Bilic under pressure after 3 games? 🤣

Swansea beating Mowbray's Sunderland 2-1. 

Boro losing 2 nil to Millwall. 

West Brom nil nil with Luton. WBA fans were singing "stand up if you want Bruce out" during the game. I don't think he will last much longer there. Fans have turned on him now. Its about who they want in to replace with him

PNE:  Lowe was an excellent appointment - an excellent organiser and motivator and done a great job in just 10 months. 

Stoke:  Neil an excellent manager - will be no surprise if he gets Stoke into play offs this season

Watford:  Doubt Bilic will make it until the WC starts.  Never rated him - a busted flush now.

WBA:  Think they'd like to fire Bruce but can't afford to pay-off him and his mates

Edited by Mercer

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

PNE:  Lowe was an excellent appointment - an excellent organiser and motivator and done a great job in just 10 months. 

Last week after Saturday game fans wanted him sack. For me another over reaction by them. Done good job from what PNE supporter work colleagues have said. 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Watford:  Doubt Bilic will make it until the WC starts.  Never rated him - a busted flush now.

Nothing surprise me with them. They get what they deserve now

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

WBA:  Think they'd like to fire Bruce but can't afford to pay-off him and his mates

Wouldn't surprise me if he goes shortly. Sounds like he had enough now there

• Backroom
12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he goes shortly. Sounds like he had enough now there

Bruce showed at Newcastle he'd put up with pretty much anything to get a payout. Imagine it'll be the same at WBA. His stock will be incredibly low after bombing there, and he knows that better than anyone. He'll be seen by most clubs at this point as a manager whose methods no longer work in the modern game. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DE. said:

Bruce showed at Newcastle he'd put up with pretty much anything to get a payout. Imagine it'll be the same at WBA. His stock will be incredibly low after bombing there, and he knows that better than anyone. He'll be seen by most clubs at this point as a manager whose methods no longer work in the modern game. 

I said this time and time before that his tactics and coaching methods don't work in the modern day and this is why I predicted they wouldn't make the top 6 this season under Bruce despite them signing Wallace and Swift. Some people thought I was mad for saying this. 

I'm surprised he is still in job today as it stands. He is not a manager I would ever want to appoint here