BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

3 hours ago, rigger said:

So that is the first Saturday home game moved already. I dont see how the commonwealth games effect WBA fans travelling to Blackburn on the Saturday.

Actually its the second home game. Its been moved cos WBA league cup game has been moved to Thursday evening meaning they had to move our game to Sunday. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Actually its the second home game. Its been moved cos WBA league cup game has been moved to Thursday evening meaning they had to move our game to Sunday. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I know it is the second home game. It is our first game to be moved,that was scheduled for a Saturday. More will follow. If you read the article on the club site, it gives the reason for the change of dates, being the commonwealth games.

1 hour ago, rigger said:

I know it is the second home game. It is our first game to be moved,that was scheduled for a Saturday. More will follow. If you read the article on the club site, it gives the reason for the change of dates, being the commonwealth games.

If you look at this statement from https://www.wba.co.uk/news/opening-home-fixture-moved-due-commonwealth-games-clash . It explained and they had to move 4 games. 

I've read the article on Rovers website thanks but you haven't seen that Wba had to move the first home game to Monday meaning every game has been push back 24 hours. 

14 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Brum is a poisoned chalice. The ownership is always in chaos, the squad is pretty poor and managers come and go almost as quickly as Watford. Any ambitious coach wanting to take their first steps in the top seat would be wise to wait for a more stable club, even one at the business end of League 1.

Not to mention the lack of maintenance at St Andrews....makes Ewood look like the feckin Ritz

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 2

Hard to look past Birmingham and Reading as 2 of the bottom 3. The league has some real shite near the bottom and they are the stand out 2 with skeletal squads and peculiar managerial appointments. Maybe Rotherham will take the third place as they can never cope above League 1.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Hard to look past Birmingham and Reading as 2 of the bottom 3. The league has some real shite near the bottom and they are the stand out 2 with skeletal squads and peculiar managerial appointments. Maybe Rotherham will take the third place as they can never cope above League 1.

I would throw Blackpool into that equation.

• Like 1

my opinion is its far too soon to suggestion who will be challenging for promotion or relegation for me. Expect alot of clubs to make 3 or 4 signings this month which will decide what their season will be about. 

I've looking forward to this championship season. going to be good watch and plenty of quality of players in club squads in the championship

Unfortunately parachute teams have become much more canny. Think back to when the likes of us and Bolton went down in a heap, total shambles off the pitch, never to be seen again. Sunderland another. So yes teams would come down flush, but would be in such a state on and off the pitch it would keep the top end of the league highly competitive.

The likes of Norwich, Fulham, Bournemouth now know exactly how to operate to as good as ensure yo-yo status. 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Unfortunately parachute teams have become much more canny. Think back to when the likes of us and Bolton went down in a heap, total shambles off the pitch, never to be seen again. Sunderland another. So yes teams would come down flush, but would be in such a state on and off the pitch it would keep the top end of the league highly competitive.

The likes of Norwich, Fulham, Bournemouth now know exactly how to operate to as good as ensure yo-yo status. 

Another totally ballsed up scenario with Venky's at the helm.

Couldn't have fallen out of the PL at a worse time and then made a complete and utter hash of any immediate return.

We're now battling with mounting debt and a continuous need to slash costs year on year.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Another totally ballsed up scenario with Venky's at the helm.

Couldn't have fallen out of the PL at a worse time and then made a complete and utter hash of any immediate return.

We're now battling with mounting debt and a continuous need to slash costs year on year.

But at least we aren't Bury/Derby as we keep hearing!