BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

Scottish football is half decent if you take it for what it is. Of course it's nothing like English football, but I fail to see how one of two teams being in line to win anything is very different at all to Man City/Chelsea/Liverpool being odds on to do a clean sweep of the three trophies down here.

On 27/11/2022 at 09:21, arbitro said:

I was having a look at the upcoming fixtures and was that our next Saturday 3 pm game is at Rotherham on January 14th. The last 3 pm kick off on a Saturday was November 5th at home to Huddersfield. That's over two months without a regular kick off time which is eight games in total.

So what ?

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hope he enjoys the boring Scottish league for years to come. 

You should take yourself up to either Ibrox Stadium or Celtic Park for a game one day Chaddy, even a run of the mill one. Might give you some idea as to why someone would want to manage one of those two clubs.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

You should take yourself up to either Ibrox Stadium or Celtic Park for a game one day Chaddy, even a run of the mill one. Might give you some idea as to why someone would want to manage one of those two clubs.

Chaddy has everything he needs in Accrington thanks!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

He was managing QPR, a club with a relatively small Championship budget, not a parachute club. So every chance they fall away and are not seen challenging again for a good while.

So not exactly difficult to see why he’d jump ship for a club like Rangers.

You might argue they have already began to fall away. The only oddity in this for me is him turning down Wolves - unless he perhaps knew or suspected Rangers were coming for him soon.

6 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Indeed - and he's spent some time working there so knows what it is like. No matter your view on the quality of the football - and I suspect it is better than it often gets credit for in England -  the two Glasgow clubs are amongst the biggest in world football.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J*B said:

Celtic vs. Rangers (and in reverse) is a phenomenal game of football, especially now Rangers have caught up again. It’s like being in an earthquake. 

If i had a choice of going to a football game before i die it would be either an Old Firm Derby or Boca Juniors v River Plate,probably the 2 best atmospheres ive seen on tv and would love to experience it live.

2 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

If i had a choice of going to a football game before i die it would be either an Old Firm Derby or Boca Juniors v River Plate,probably the 2 best atmospheres ive seen on tv and would love to experience it live.

I’d love to go to Boca vs. River Plate. I’d also love Ajax vs. Feyenoord. Feyenoord away was a brilliant atmosphere, their derby must be incredible.

I was lucky enough to watch a family member play in an Old Firm Derby. If you ever get the chance, you must go. I’ve never felt atmosphere like that before. Rovers vs. Burnley is one thing, but that’s a different level. 

14 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I've seen the old firm derby on TV and the atmosphere and fan passion is excellent, hopefully one day I will see the old firm derby or Milan derby I would like to watch live inside the stadium. 

I think the overall quality of the league is poor tho, and I think he had a chance of being PL manager next season if he stayed at QPR, anyway he gone there now, and it will be interesting who they go for 

• Moderation Lead
25 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Never classed rangers or Celtic as massive clubs. Never will. They are big by Scottish standards but European wise they're small fry

I’m sure they’re wounded.

They’ve won loads of trophies and have loads of fans, what other metrics are there?

5 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I’m sure they’re wounded.

They’ve won loads of trophies and have loads of fans, what other metrics are there?

I've always classed real Madrid Barcelona man utd Liverpool juventus inter Milan ac Milan bayern  Munich as Europe's superpowers. I would class Celtic just behind the likes of ajax psv Benfica etc. Rangers with the likes of feyernord lipezig valencia etc

11 hours ago, rigger said:

How come the Sunderland V Millwall game in the Championship, is being played tomorrow ?

Both clubs agreed to end there "break" early rather than fit it in midweek somewhere later in the season.

It was meant to be on the weekend where the Queen passed away.

Edited by MarkBRFC

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

They are ‘small fry’ on the pitch because they’re stuck in a backwater league which limits their income and ergo they can’t attract world class players.

Give them a PL income and they’d be right up there very quickly.

Then why can some of Europe's other small league teams do well. Ajax have a far better history than Celtic and they arent financially much better off . They sell players to survive yet appear in the champions league regularly even reaching later stages. Benfica Porto two more examples 

Edited by roverandout

40 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Never classed rangers or Celtic as massive clubs. Never will. They are big by Scottish standards but European wise they're small fry

I'm assuming you've never attended a game at either of their stadia then? They are huge clubs with worldwide fan bases. I think Rangers at one time had the record for most overseas supporters branches. Sure they are constrained by the league they play in but to say they aren't massive clubs is just plain wrong.

There are probably only 3 or 4 clubs in England who can legitimately lay claim to being bigger, in my opinion; United, Liverpool, and at a push Arsenal.

• Like 4