BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

• Backroom

Burnley annoyingly good so far

Anyone notice the ref let Burnley take a free kick for offside a good 10 yards inside the opposition half 

• Backroom

Burnley utterly dominant that half, with is doubly impressive when you realise they’ve played it with 10 players and some lad from the pub up front

13 minutes ago, Tom said:

Burnley utterly dominant that half, with is doubly impressive when you realise they’ve played it with 10 players and some lad from the pub up front

The law on offside changed several years ago so now the free kick is given from where the player who was in an offside position touched the ball, even if he's in his own half.

• Backroom
34 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The law on offside changed several years ago so now the free kick is given from where the player who was in an offside position touched the ball, even if he's in his own half.

Well then - I don’t know the rules! Seems silly though 

10 hours ago, Tom said:

Well then - I don’t know the rules! Seems silly though 

It's something that rarely happens in fairness. Since the change I can only think of one instance when it has happened at Ewood. Our supporters went mad at the referee but on this occasion he was totally correct.

• Backroom
On 16/07/2022 at 23:27, only2garners said:

My grandad used to walk from Bamber Bridge to Ewood to games in the 30s. He lived into his 90s.

It took him 60 years to walk there?

• Like 3

• Backroom
11 hours ago, arbitro said:

Assume this means that if an offside player doesn't touch the ball, then they are not offside?

12 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Assume this means that if an offside player doesn't touch the ball, then they are not offside?

It depends if they are involved in play or involved with another player in which you don't always have to touch the ball. Gaining an advantage is the consideration.

On 16/07/2022 at 23:27, only2garners said:

My grandad used to walk from Bamber Bridge to Ewood to games in the 30s. He lived into his 90s.

That's one hell of a walk. Most Briggers would catch the train to Mill Hill or get the Premier coach or BBMS double decker.

My mate, Frank, who supported Rovers from 1945 to 2020 (he died) once caught the bus from Hoghton and got off at The Fieldens Arms, Feniscowles to "quickly and easily" walk from there along Livesey Branch Road. 

Ha! He didn't realise how long Livesey Branch Road was  and got on the ground 20 minutes after kick-off.

50 minutes ago, bazza said:

That's one hell of a walk. Most Briggers would catch the train to Mill Hill or get the Premier coach or BBMS double decker.

My mate, Frank, who supported Rovers from 1945 to 2020 (he died) once caught the bus from Hoghton and got off at The Fieldens Arms, Feniscowles to "quickly and easily" walk from there along Livesey Branch Road. 

Ha! He didn't realise how long Livesey Branch Road was  and got on the ground 20 minutes after kick-off.

It was simple Bazza. In the 30s my grandad had enough spare cash for either the BBMS bus or the ticket in to the game, but not both. So he walked.

The first time I went to Ewood, some time in the early 60s, it was on the BBMS bus with my uncle. He lived in a house on Station Road right next to the bus depot. It was the first time I had stayed away from home in the country and the first time I had slept with street lights.

• Like 1