BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (h) - 30/7/22

I can’t make any predictions here. Don’t know what to expect at all. It’s quite exciting.

Hopes:

- We don’t play like a Mowbray team. I’d like a bit of intensity and purpose.

- Edun instead of Pickering.

- Vale gets some game time and continues his good pre-season form.

- Dack’s still got it.

Fears:

- The back 4 or 5 defensively. We haven’t replaced Lenihan or Van Hecke and both had great seasons. Brittain seems like he will offer more attacking threat than Nyambe, but he’d have to going some to come near to Ryan defensively.

- opening day injuries and/or suspensions. We’ve got both in us, and they could prove very problematic at present.

4 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

How many did he get under Coyle playing centrally in a shite team with a shite manager?

He got 11 in at least two thirds of a season of playing in a front 2 with 2 wingers, in which the brunt of the problem was defensively.

Everyone who suggests that he will score loads of goals bases it on seasons in which they feel he was hard done by, he would score loads more if x, y or z changed. He isn't a natural goalscorer as far as I can see and he is soon to be 27 so he is in his supposed prime, I would love him to bang 20 goals but I don't see how people based on anything they have seen can predict it.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I reckon we will win 3-1. 

I think they will be 14k plus crowd wise

I think Jake Garrett has been better from what I have seen. 

Why should it be more than 7 subs? 

I prefer 3 subs personally but if it is 5, I am surprised that it isn't 9 like last time we could use 5. 7 makes it very difficult to name a bench with enough variety on the assumption that you may well use all 9 subs.

I also think that 9 would allow a bit more room for a youngster or two when it suits.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He got 11 in at least two thirds of a season of playing in a front 2 with 2 wingers, in which the brunt of the problem was defensively.

Everyone who suggests that he will score loads of goals bases it on seasons in which they feel he was hard done by, he would score loads more if x, y or z changed. He isn't a natural goalscorer as far as I can see and he is soon to be 27 so he is in his supposed prime, I would love him to bang 20 goals but I don't see how people based on anything they have seen can predict it.

You asked what I based it on so I answered. And I said 15-20. Turning 11 goals into 15 isn't a big stretch if playing in a better team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

You asked what I based it on so I answered. And I said 15-20. Turning 11 goals into 15 isn't a big stretch if playing in a better team. 

I think though that it won't be as suited to him as having Conway and Marshall (for some of the season, Bennett after) crossing balls into him. Hopefully you are right though.

Can’t see us risking BBD until he’s sold or (dreaming) signs a new deal. As much as we can’t afford to let him leave for free a minor injury that prevents his sale would be a financial hit. 

Kamenski 

brittam Ayala Wharton pickering

travis buckleu

hedges Dolan Markanday 

Gallagher 

Dack on for Dolan at half, vale for Markanday on the hour. 

7 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Can’t see us risking BBD until he’s sold or (dreaming) signs a new deal. As much as we can’t afford to let him leave for free a minor injury that prevents his sale would be a financial hit. 

Kamenski 

travis buckleu

hedges Dolan Markanday 

Gallagher 

100% Brererton will start.Players can get injured in a pre season friendly aswell.

So far no bids have reached our valuation the club needs him on the field when the season kicks off 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Kamenski 

travis buckleu

hedges Dolan Markanday 

Gallagher 

I think JDT will start BBD.

• Like 1

KaminskI

Brittain Ayala Wharton Pickering

Travis Buckley

Hedges Dolan BBD

Gallagher

Subs: Markanday, Pears, Vale, Carter, Edun,  Dack, Harlock

JRC, Phillips and Wharton near.

Dack to come on at half time.

Edited by neophox

28 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Yeah he'll definitely start. 

The only way he won't is if there is an actual, decent offer on the table. Which I don't think there will be.

If I was intending buying him I wouldn't be letting him play. I'd be getting the business done

I think we'll absolutely fly out the blocks and be 2 nil up at half time. The tempo will drop slightly and they'll nick one back via Taylor Richards. Diaz to finish then off late on. 3-1 Rovers.

Even if there's no incomings before Saturday we've got enough quality to see qpr off folks, their transfer activity hasn't been dazzling either!

• Like 6

9 hours ago, neophox said:

KaminskI

Travis Buckley

Hedges Dolan BBD

Gallagher

Subs: Markanday, Pears, Vale, Carter, Edun,  Dack, Harlock

JRC, Phillips and Wharton near.

Dack to come on at half time.

I think that’s pretty much the team most would hope for come Saturday. The only debate to be had really is markandy or hedges and until we have seen both properly in competitive games it’s hard to judge the better option. 

The stand out and obvious issue we have in the line up is Dolan playing behind the striker . Probably the best option for now but that’s the position we need strengthening . A fit dack obviously starts there but we need someone who can play there now and let him get up to speed , if he ever does, which sadly might not happen. 

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I think that’s pretty much the team most would hope for come Saturday. The only debate to be had really is markandy or hedges and until we have seen both properly in competitive games it’s hard to judge the better option. 

The stand out and obvious issue we have in the line up is Dolan playing behind the striker . Probably the best option for now but that’s the position we need strengthening . A fit dack obviously starts there but we need someone who can play there now and let him get up to speed , if he ever does, which sadly might not happen. 

Dack would had start ahead of Dolan if fit even an 89 percent fit Dack Would be better than dolan.

Best guess for who he'll pick, but could swap Markanday for either Dolan or Vale. Be interesting to see who he views as his strongest XI out of the current lot. 

KaminskI

Travis Buckley

Markanday Hedges BBD

Gallagher

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Dack would had start ahead of Dolan if fit even an 89 percent fit Dack Would be better than dolan.

I agree . He walks in but what Ives seen of him pre season he’s miles off the pace which leaves a gaping hole that needs filling. Without signings Dolan would have to go there or you could put Buckley there and play Edun with travis. I don’t see any other viable options . Maybe play hedges central and marks day out wide like the post from sweaty gusset . It’s all abit chaotic at the minute and jdt needs to find the best fit for the system . 

Edited by Oldgregg86

4 hours ago, Ossydave said:

I think we'll absolutely fly out the blocks and be 2 nil up at half time. The tempo will drop slightly and they'll nick one back via Taylor Richards. Diaz to finish then off late on. 3-1 Rovers.

Even if there's no incomings before Saturday we've got enough quality to see qpr off folks, their transfer activity hasn't been dazzling either!

QPR have not lost as much as us but they have completed a lot of their business. They released Barbet and Clarke-Salter is a very good replacement, they signed a left back from Holland who I can't say that I have seen play like presumably most to replace Mcallum, they have signed Taylor Richards and they have added Tyler Roberts as another forward option.

Willock I don't think has featured in pre season so hopefully will at most be a sub.

I think we should be starting Markanday. We need him to have a decent season for us and get him going as quickly as possible so it feels like he can fill the void Khadra has left. Having some faith in him and giving him regular minutes will only help his confidence. Even if he doesn't do much in the first few games, just stick with him and hope he can find his feet to be a potential match winner for us. 

At the risk of sounding like i'm making excuses for our lack of transfer activity (I'm not), I think this is one exception where you can say it's like a new signing for us. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

QPR have not lost as much as us but they have completed a lot of their business. They released Barbet and Clarke-Salter is a very good replacement, they signed a left back from Holland who I can't say that I have seen play like presumably most to replace Mcallum, they have signed Taylor Richards and they have added Tyler Roberts as another forward option.

Willock I don't think has featured in pre season so hopefully will at most be a sub.

So basically got a few nobodies in, great summary