BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v QPR (h) - 30/7/22

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Anyone else unable to sleep for shit? 

Added pressure to get the wins this season as we battle to try and get ahead of our toothless neighbours.

The brief is simple for day 1, win and win by more than a 1 goal margin.

Really hope it works out for JDT, if he manages like he interviews then we're in for a good season, the players simply HAVE to enjoy playing more for a character like this than monotone Tony.

A1 goal margin would do, as we would go above Burnley, even if it is1-0, we would go above them alphabetically.

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

image.thumb.png.85849acb9160b8228bc6a460b0013eee.png

This is the QPR squad with some decent players but nothing to fear. I really want to see some real intensity to our play, quick, sharp incisive passing and lots of movement. Obviously winning is the most important thing but if we can win with the afore mentioned qualities I'll be delighted.

Today could be the start of a new era on the pitch for us, an era were we are entertained, were we can see a plan by the manager and see plenty of goals and points. The rest will take care of itself.

Any on the field Law changes the less alert of us might have also missed Tony?

Edited by Exiled in Toronto

7 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Any on the field Law changes the less alert of us might have also missed Tony?

Nothing radical in Law John just some cosmetic things which won't really have a bearing on the games. The usual instructions have gone out though about clampdowns on various things. This year it's time wasting and dissent, the former I have been critical of for some time now. Also the referees have been told to be more tolerant of physical contact, in other words let a few challenges go which is something we all (well our generation anyway) want to see. I just hope these are consistently applied. If they are the game and spectators should benefit.

• Like 5

Excited for this one today - hoping to see a new, and hopefully effective, approach but prepared for it to take a few games for the boss to get things really moving.

(these boards tend to show that Rovers fans have always had an infinite capacity for pessimism, negativity and misery - probably a local trait -  but it eventually wears off when you live away from the area for a long time....)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TonyM said:

Excited for this one today - hoping to see a new, and hopefully effective, approach but prepared for it to take a few games for the boss to get things really moving.

(these boards tend to show that Rovers fans have always had an infinite capacity for pessimism, negativity and misery - probably a local trait -  but it eventually wears off when you live away from the area for a long time....)

Possibly. Though when you still live in and around the area you are reminded more frequently of the clubs current reality.

You see the shabby, empty ground more frequently. The decline in numbers and atmosphere around Ewood on a match day is more evident. Many times over the last decade turning up on a Saturday starts to feel like a chore rather than a focal point of your week. 

There’s a glimmer at the moment, but the past 12 years have given us little to be optimistic, positive or joyous about.

• Like 5

• Backroom

The dawn of a new season, and the dawning realisation I’m not a season ticket golfer now, I think part of me expected I would have renewed 

Hope we get off to a flier and a kind enough fixture to do so 

20 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I wonder who'll play the trequartista role today? 

If it's 4231 as suspected its an interesting one. Dacks not fit enough to start. So options are Buckley whose very good at it, but he's needed at CM. So really it's Dolan or Hedges both of whom are runners not passers which is not a great fit at number 10....

Left field choice could be Harloch, or starting one of Garett or A Wharton at CM and pushing Buckley up to number 10. Very hard to guess tbh.

Edit - or of course Vale who seems to be a good all-round number 10

Edited by joey_big_nose

18 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Out of that list of QPR players I only know 3, rest I've never heard of ..I thought they had Charlie Austin?

That’s what I was thinking. Looks like their poorest squad in some time. Would be a massive disappointment not to win tonight.

16 minutes ago, TonyM said:

I think they show we can have those traits, but can also flip to wildly optimistic and delirious with joy after a good win or run of results.

Like any football fans in the world, ever.

• Like 5

I'd just like to say I'm pessimistically optimistic.

Or perhaps I'm being parsimoniously effusive?

Either way, hallelujah! Here we go again! Riding the great roller coaster of hope, despair and a change of underwear.

COYB!

19 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Possibly. Though when you still live in and around the area you are reminded more frequently of the clubs current reality.

You see the shabby, empty ground more frequently.

....fully aware, but in fact when you only visit occasionally, the sad deterioration is probably even more noticeable.

But new season, new start ....and having been over 200 miles away for 40 years, and mainly watching away games with the odd Ewood visit, I am about to move back closer (to about 100 miles), so intend to be a much more regular visitor very soon.

Today, a comfortable 3 - 1 (maybe)

Edited by TonyM
  • Like 4