BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 6/8/22

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

swansea are the epitome of pointless possesion football,nothing to see here,rovers win 0-2 comfortably,id`e put hedges wide and gallagher in the middle,i appreciate hedges work rate but he gives the ball away to much,which can be fatal  in the middle of the pitch

Hopefully we get Szmodics over the line tomorrow… few days training should see him in the number 10 role…That for me pushed Hedges on the RW

There was something romantic about the Vetch Field with a prison on one side and an army barracks on the other 😃. Russell Martin, the massively diluted version of Guardiola will hopefully still try and play out from the back with inadequate players which will really suit the preferred Tomasson formation. I'll be hugely disappointed if we don't get at least a point.

• Like 1

It'll be interesting to see if we set up different at all away from home.

Can't recall Swansea making many dazzling transfers much like us, just the lad from MK springs to mind. Suppose there's still time for us both to add a few though. 

Going for a 1 nil away win, Vale to score in his home country.

I’d go 

Kaminsky

Brittain.      Ayala.   Wharton.    Pickering

Travis.        Buckley

Markanday.      Hedges.        BBD     

Gallagher 

assuming smodic hasn’t arrived and dack is still finding his dummy . 

Edited by Oldgregg86

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would go with this 

Kaminski

Brittain  Ayala  Wharton  Pickering

Travis  Buckley

Dolan        Hedges        Brereton Diaz

Vale

How has Vale kept his place? Just an ineffective as Gallagher.

• Like 1

Not a chance. 

I’d be happy for the home numbers to match yesterday, which will be a challenge in itself as you always get a spike first day of the season.

We have only just scraped over 8k season holders, so say WBA bring 2k, that needs another 8k+ buying a ticket. That just doesn’t get close to happening here without heavily discounted tickets a la Bournemouth, Oxford. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

remember the game last year when ryan giles put a string of superb crosses in but tactical genius mowbray had us  playing with no centre forward (false nine bollocks) so they all went to waste😡,that was all she wrote for giles he spent the rest of his spell here playing out of position🤣

Giles, playing left full back at the weekend for boro, did more in that one game than he did in his entirety for us, earning MOTM. All he had to do was be played in his current position - who’d have thought? 

What a breath of fresh air to be Mowbray-less.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Always difficult to justify changing the lineup following a win but I think as we are just starting out life under JDT, tweaks over the first few games are inevitable.

But that's to say the performance couldn't be improved.  There were large parts of the game where we.played a very similar game to Mogadon, pointless passing across the back....he should make changes because the team can be improved.  I'd start with changing the CF and Hedges.  I'd find a place for Dack and Markanday at Swansea 

14 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

How has Vale kept his place? Just an ineffective as Gallagher.

I thought he offered nothing in attack too - but I suspect JDT wants his #9 to be a pressing forward. Vale can do that at least - he wants his front 4 to hunt in a pack for a quick turnover of possession.

• Like 1

As much as we always beat QPR at home, we always lose away at Swansea. Even last year when we had about three gilt-edged chances, we somehow managed to lose. Can see that continuing at the weekend, sadly. Think they'll have a much better season this time than they did last year. 

I'd stick with the same team, I think. The only possible change I'd make is bringing in Dolan for either Vale or Gallagher for his pressing. 

40 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

But that's to say the performance couldn't be improved.  There were large parts of the game where we.played a very similar game to Mogadon, pointless passing across the back....he should make changes because the team can be improved.  I'd start with changing the CF and Hedges.  I'd find a place for Dack and Markanday at Swansea 

The bench.