SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 6/8/22

Kaminski

Brittain Ayala Wharton Pickering

Travis Buckley

Hedges Dack Brereton

Dolan

The keeper, central midfield and back 4 pick itself, I am in a minority it seems in thinking that Pickering was fine on Saturday and equal to Brittain on the other side. Maybe a bit of confirmation bias?

The front 4 didn't work very well so the potential for various changes. Dack to start for me, plus Dolan who was bright at the weekend, him and Brereton could swap positions too if necessary. Vale was anonymous, Gallagher poor too and Hedges isn't suited as a number 10.

Hopefully we will have some new faces for the bench at least too.

20 hours ago, rigger said:

At £32.50 a ticket, I won't be going

Wow. I was seriously considering it, as I am on a brief visit back to the UK. With those prices and the travel, I won't be bothering.

A total disgrace they get away with that.

Haunting memories of watching the away game last year with my Everton fan mate laughing his arse off as we missed chance after chance.  Anyways the way Swansea play could play into our hands as it did first game of last season (here's hoping) 

I'd go for the same team as QPR except stick Gally up top and bring Dolan in for Vale 

1-2  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, lraC said:

Wow. I was seriously considering it, as I am on a brief visit back to the UK. With those prices and the travel, I won't be bothering.

A total disgrace they get away with that.

It appears there are many like minded Rovers fans. I got mine today and was told we have only sold around 300.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

It appears there are many like minded Rovers fans. I got mine today and was told we have only sold around 300.

It’s usually the worst attended away as it is, as its obviously a serious trek from up here, but it isn’t exactly close for our south east fans that attend London and Home Counties matches in good numbers either.

So couple that with those prices and it’s no surprise…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Kaminski

Brittain Ayala Wharton Edun

Buckley Travis Morton

Szmodics Gallagher Brereton

My team, not JDT 's

Edited by Colt Seavers
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

well that's your opinion but mine is very different opinion and I posted my viewpoint on his performance against QPR in the QPR match day thread

I thought Vale had some very sublime touches and passes. Reminds me a little of Mark Hughes. 

1 hour ago, Colt Seavers said:

Kaminski

Brittain Ayala Wharton Edun

Buckley Travis Morton

Szmodics Gallagher Brereton

My team, not JDT 's

3 changes from a winning side. The two new guys on the bench, and Edun is not good at left back 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JPTSwindon said:

Without the usual preseason to gel, I’d resist making any changes and keep the same starting XI. Plenty of options off the bench (inc any incomings) if we need to change things as the game develops.

Excited for this one.

100 percent. Not good to change a winning side. 

11 hours ago, arbitro said:

It's such a pig to get to. It's just about do-able by train for around 120 quid, almost 5 hour journey each way and a mad dash after the game to get the the station which is about a 30 min walk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

It's such a pig to get to. It's just about do-able by train for around 120 quid, almost 5 hour journey each way and a mad dash after the game to get the the station which is about a 30 min walk

I looked at going on the train but aside from the cost it's a pig of a journey primarily because the train stops at nearly every station en route. It's also a five plus hour drive. Still it's our first 3 o'clock kick off there for some time which eases the day slightly. 😄😄

18 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Kaminski

Brittain Ayala Wharton Pickering

Travis Buckley

Hedges Dack Brereton

Dolan

The keeper, central midfield and back 4 pick itself, I am in a minority it seems in thinking that Pickering was fine on Saturday and equal to Brittain on the other side. Maybe a bit of confirmation bias?

The front 4 didn't work very well so the potential for various changes. Dack to start for me, plus Dolan who was bright at the weekend, him and Brereton could swap positions too if necessary. Vale was anonymous, Gallagher poor too and Hedges isn't suited as a number 10.

Hopefully we will have some new faces for the bench at least too.

Yeah, I think you are definitely guilty of it here. Brittain, while not amazing, was quite good and Pickering wasn’t very good going forwards or back. I think QPR’s right side had a lot more joy than their left and Pickering made quite a few mistakes.  I don’t think Vale was half as bad as you make out either.

It will be interesting to see if Smodzics gets a start though I expect Morton will be on the bench.