BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 6/8/22

20 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Tickets for Sheffield United have been announced today. Adult prices are £33. Bizarrely under 18 tickets are £15.40

A train strike that day as well, another game I wont be going to. Aren't Premier league away fans tickets capped at £30 ?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

As much as we always beat QPR at home, we always lose away at Swansea. Even last year when we had about three gilt-edged chances, we somehow managed to lose. Can see that continuing at the weekend, sadly. Think they'll have a much better season this time than they did last year. 

I'd stick with the same team, I think. The only possible change I'd make is bringing in Dolan for either Vale or Gallagher for his pressing. 

Dolan is best off the bench atm 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rigger said:

A train strike that day as well, another game I wont be going to. Aren't Premier league away fans tickets capped at £30 ?

Reading prices are capped at £20 but only if there is a reciprocal agreement. I can't post the link but they wrote to every Championship club proposing this and as of when the article appeared (July this year) only three clubs had replied. I'm pleased to say we were one of them. I sincerely hope these extortionate prices are held in Waggotts memory bank and he charges similar when they come up here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

Reading prices are capped at £20 but only if there is a reciprocal agreement. I can't post the link but they wrote to every Championship club proposing this and as of when the article appeared (July this year) only three clubs had replied. I'm pleased to say we were one of them. I sincerely hope these extortionate prices are held in Waggotts memory bank and he charges similar when they come up here.

I thought the Premier league had brought in a price cap for their league of £30. It would seem strange for the EFL to allows clubs to sell, what could be an inferior product, for a higher price. I may have got the Premier League price cap wrong. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rigger said:

I thought the Premier league had brought in a price cap for their league of £30. It would seem strange for the EFL to allows clubs to sell, what could be an inferior product, for a higher price. I may have got the Premier League price cap wrong. 

I think there is a price cap in the PL and £30 springs to mind. The initiative from Reading would have effectively been a price cap but when only three clubs replied clearly the others who died want to carry on fleecing us.

17 hours ago, arbitro said:

It appears there are many like minded Rovers fans. I got mine today and was told we have only sold around 300.

I hope they learn their lesson. People are struggling as it is, and I thought Rovers were going OTT with the prices, but that's below the belt.

• Like 1

I just looked it up, and the premier league have just extended their £30 away fans ticket cap, for a further three seasons. With the price not to be reviewed until 2025. How can EFL clubs justify charging more than Premier league clubs ?

• Like 1

To be fair Rovers will be charging a maximum £30 for away fans this season unless they come up with some multi-game packages to allow them to charge more in the away end.

It's straightforward for Rovers to charge £20 for away fans for the home game with Reading, as it's a Wednesday night in March so will be a Cat C game for everyone.

31 minutes ago, Neal said:

Not sure what message it sends if Szmodics walks straight into the first team. Dack should be given a chance to prove himself first. 

jdt wants energy all over the park,dack has never been a runner,i think he`ll be used,but he is`nt getting a regular start,whether he is ok with that i don`t know,we`ll find out during the next month

15 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

jdt wants energy all over the park,dack has never been a runner,i think he`ll be used,but he is`nt getting a regular start,whether he is ok with that i don`t know,we`ll find out during the next month

He better make a good start if he's leaving arguably our best player on the bench.  

Dack to come on and score the equaliser

48 minutes ago, Neal said:

Not sure what message it sends if Szmodics walks straight into the first team. Dack should be given a chance to prove himself first. 

Szmodics has had a pre season and played 80 mins for Posh last weekend whereas Dack has barely played....

Why should we have a mard ass approach with everything involving Dack?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Neal said:

I suspect Dack is proving why he isn't in the starting line-up in training every day, sadly.

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Neal said:

A bit Mowbray-esque, thinking that way 😉

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Neal said:

It sends a highly positive message after five years of Mowbray signing players then taking what felt like an age to play them - unless they were someone else's player then they'd go straight in.

2 hours ago, booth said:

It sends a highly positive message after five years of Mowbray signing players then taking what felt like an age to play them - unless they were someone else's player then they'd go straight in.

Yes that was up there with some of the other bizarre things he did.

Bought Hedges and played him only once or twice.

So glad he's gone. What a dick head. 

• Like 1