BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 6/8/22

The tickets are too expensive, end of. But is there literally anything that's not going up in price at the moment?

A football club still has to balance the books and their running costs will be at an all time high. Even getting staff through the door will be a nightmare. I know first hand the difficulties getting temp staff right now, which all their catering staff will be for example. They can pick and choose jobs and the ones paying higher get the staff right now simple as that.

We the fans want to make the signings, we want to pay the star players more, yet we want to pay less for tickets. Something has to give. Not defending them as such, just looking at it from both sides.

Yet most clubs in the league have either reduced or held ST prices.

So thus far this season it looks as if they are trying to plug gaps with fairly steep looking price hikes for the match day ticket buyer…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

I dont see a reason to change the team that started on Saturday, so wouldn't do so myself.

If pressed, maybe Dolan for Vale, but don't mind Dolan off the bench. Szmodics, Dack, Morton all perhaps see the match at some stage?

I am intrigued to see how we'll setup away from home against a team that has a lot of the ball. Probably more swift counter attacks and breakaways.

The first goal is so big in the Championship, do we have the ability to come from behind playing the style of football we're endeavouring to do? The COVID season of 20/21 was blighted by this, so many 0-1 losses against teams who scored first and then sat deep with 10 men behind the ball. We didn't have the nous to unlock defences then, has it changed now? Only time will tell.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, R0verb0y said:

Count me among the absentees, too. I can't remember for certain; but I'm as sure as I can be that I didn't pay more than £25 for the midweek game at theirs 2 - 3 seasons ago.

It’s probable that, like Rovers, they charge less for midweek games.

Plonked in these cities the likes of Sheff and Swansea know they'll still get 15k+ turning up paying whatever, especially early games when hope is high.  Away fans are just an after thought when it's a club like us, Rovers though on the other hand look at it the opposite way around.

Or at least they did last season but a few pennies have dropped i think.

Swans  1     Rovers   2

• Like 1

5 hours ago, R0verb0y said:

Count me among the absentees, too. I can't remember for certain; but I'm as sure as I can be that I didn't pay more than £25 for the midweek game at theirs 2 - 3 seasons ago.

And as one who's been known to bear grudges - but only in a good cause, you understand! - I still haven't fully forgiven Swansea for pipping Howard Kendall's team on goal difference to a second consecutive promotion at the end of the 1980/81 season.

Not their team, you understand; but the way their fans took the mickey out of any vehicle going north "flying" a blue & white scarf as they made their jubilant way back south from Deepdale.

Mind you, I'd probably have been as bad if the situation had been reversed. And it is 42 seasons ago now, I suppose ...

That fateful day in May. The Nobbers let us down.

• Like 3

I imagine one of our attackers will be left out altogether this weekend because there are space for 4 in the starting 11 and you are probably over-doing it by having more than 3 on the game.

You would imagine that Szmodics will be at least in the squad, as well Brereton, Gallagher, Dolan and Hedges, so it is 2 from 3 in Markanday, Dack and Vale. Markanday didn't come on at the weekend, neither did Dack, and Vale struggled and would be who I would leave out as the 19th man, but interesting to see who is left out.

Mind you, Vale has been compared to both Mark Hughes and now Firmino after his performance last weekend so I guess how can you possibly leave him out!

My team for the Swans:

Kaminski

Brittain Ayala Wharton Pickering

Travis Buckley

Dolan Szmodics Brereton

Gallagher

Subs: Pears, Phillips, Edun, Morton, Dack, Hedges, Vale

1 hour ago, Mellor Rover said:

My team for the Swans:

Kaminski

Brittain Ayala Wharton Pickering

Travis Buckley

Dolan Szmodics Brereton

Gallagher

Subs: Pears, Phillips, Edun, Morton, Dack, Hedges, Vale

That probably makes the most sense to me, but I'm sorry to see Markanday drop out altogether. If I were JDT I'd be saying to him that he'll be starting (hopefully with Dack) against Hartlepool and that's his chance to show what he can do. 

Given JDT's comments in the pre match press conference I think Sammie Szmodics will start. His comments seems exactly what he wants his number 10 to do. 

So here the team I think he will pick

Kaminski

Brittain Ayala S.Wharton Pickering

Travis Buckley

Hedges Szmodics Brereton Diaz

Dolan

Subs:- Pears, Phillips, Edun, Morton, Gallagher, Vale, Markanday 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Given JDT's comments in the pre match press conference I think Sammie Szmodics will start. His comments seems exactly what he wants his number 10 to do. 

Kaminski

Travis Buckley

Dolan

You'd drop Dack from the squad entirely?! 

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kaminski

Travis Buckley

Dolan

Haven't you been saying that Vale did enough against QPR to stay in the side?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You'd drop Dack from the squad entirely?! 

yep

8 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Haven't you been saying that Vale did enough against QPR to stay in the side?

I said That the team I think JDT will pick. Its not the team I would pick and if you want me to posted the team I would I will so gladly. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

yep

I said That the team I think JDT will pick. Its not the team I would pick and if you want me to posted the team I would I will so gladly. 

Why would you leave Dack out entirely? If we're 1-0 down with 20 to go I'd pick him every day of the week over the rest of them! 

Sad to see people have given up on him already. Player of that quality who achieved so much for us, written off because Paul Mani says there's concerns about his pressing game. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

Why would you leave Dack out entirely? If we're 1-0 down with 20 to go I'd pick him every day of the week over the rest of them! 

Sad to see people have given up on him already. Player of that quality who achieved so much for us, written off because Paul Mani says there's concerns about his pressing game. 

@chaddyrovers has pinned his colours to the mast regarding Dack. He does this sometimes in that he's taken a controversial stance on one particular debate and nothing will sway him in that opinion. Even his biggest doubters recognise that Dack offers something that no other player in our squad does, so it's a ridiculous stance to take which not only demonstrates a lack of footballing knowledge but also an inability to have a true debate based on merit. The irony being he'll tow the club line with 90% of other debates which come up on this forum, again with an unwavering opinion, regardless of circumstance or fact. As peculiar as it is though, fair play Chaddy for your constant support of the club. I'd buy you a pre-match pint for sure. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rogerb said:

Must be every chance of Ash Phillips making this squad for Swansea. This can't be a bad thing the more he is involved in the first team with potential game time can only present a clear way forward for him here.

3 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if he`s as good as everyone says he is then put him in

3 hours ago, rigger said:

Believe me, he is good enough, but I think at this moment he will be on the bench to cover injuries and bookings.

We may as well get some use out of him, if we are going to lose him to Spuds for nothing in a year.  Maybe he’ll do the honourable thing and sign a contract so we don’t get shafted. 

51 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

@chaddyrovers has pinned his colours to the mast regarding Dack. He does this sometimes in that he's taken a controversial stance on one particular debate and nothing will sway him in that opinion. Even his biggest doubters recognise that Dack offers something that no other player in our squad does, so it's a ridiculous stance to take which not only demonstrates a lack of footballing knowledge but also an inability to have a true debate based on merit. The irony being he'll tow the club line with 90% of other debates which come up on this forum, again with an unwavering opinion, regardless of circumstance or fact. As peculiar as it is though, fair play Chaddy for your constant support of the club. I'd buy you a pre-match pint for sure. 

If JDT comes out and says Dack is a big part of his plans, Chaddy will change his mind. He’s very loyal. 🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy612 said:

If you the read properly then I said the squad I think JDT will pick. 

No one has given up on him but they are questions whether he fits into JDT's style of play and what he wants from his number 10. 

I have based on what Ive seen the pitch and from JDT's comments. I havent based on Paul Mani's comments. 

1 hour ago, ben_the_beast said:

There is huge questions on whether Dack can fit into JDT's style of play and wants from the number 10. If you can't recognise that fair enough but I don't see JDT changing his tactics or style for Dack

• Like 1