BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hartlepool Utd (h) - Carabao Cup, 10/8/22

Would like to have gone to this tomorrow night in particular to see the likes of Phillips, Garrett and young Wharton in a 1st team competitive match but I have other commitments.

Don't think JDT has put a foot wrong yet and I have high confidence in him.

Would be absolutely staggered if Rovers fail to win after 90 minutes.  

Gone for Rovers at 2/5.  That's a 40% return on your money - where else can you get such a return for almost a certainty.  Fill yer boots...................!

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Would like to have gone to this tomorrow night in particular to see the likes of Phillips, Garrett and young Wharton in a 1st team competitive match but I have other commitments.

Gone for Rovers at 2/5.  That's a 40% return on your money - where else can you get such a return for almost a certainty.  Fill yer boots...................!

Did you have to Merce? 😂😉

• Like 3

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Just the nine Championship clubs knocked out by lower league opposition tonight… so definitely nothing risky about putting a Merce on that near certainty tomorrow.

Think it's clear JDT wants to win!

IMO, unlike Mowbray, he will be highly motivated for every game as will his players.  Those selected will run through a brick wall for him.  The manager's mentality / philosophy has a huge bearing.  Have no fear and earn yourself some nice easy dosh.

• Backroom
19 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Jinx machine, you just HAD to didn't you?

2 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Jinx machine, you just HAD to didn't you?

I can't jinx anything.

The result will be determined by JDT and his players.

I think we have a real winner with JDT.  Our owners need to seriously back him.  He is their get out of jail card!

I have supreme confidence we will win tomorrow night and probably comfortably by at least 3 goals.  I look forward to spending my winnings!

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Not worth it unless your betting large amounts, I'd supplement with Dack to score anytime at over evens....👍

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mercer said:

betting odds on is the quickest way to living in a shop doorway🤕

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Not worth it unless your betting large amounts, I'd supplement with Dack to score anytime at over evens....👍

I agree.

There is a horse I quite fancy in the 5:20 at Gowran Park tomorrow (Emphatic Answer at 4/1) and I have placed a decent sized bet.  I strongly fancy Rovers tomorrow and for that reason have made a much bigger bet on Rovers - a 40% return on a big bet is not to be sneezed at!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I agree.

There is a horse I quite fancy in the 5:20 at Gowran Park tomorrow (Emphatic Answer at 4/1) and I have placed a decent sized bet.  I strongly fancy Rovers tomorrow and for that reason have made a much bigger bet on Rovers - a 40% return on a big bet is not to be sneezed at!

Mercer going taters deep on a League Cup game v lower league......🙏👊

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

I agree.

Merc I noted in the Swansea thread you said you were opening a nice bottle of red to celebrate.. Did you have anything on that game?

Well, it’s pretty clear from the manager’s comments that Dacky is no different to the other ten turning out for the stiffs tomorrow - quite a turnaround from Mowbray telling him he was the best player in the Championship.

Crucial for him he not only stars but stays on till the end, which I somehow doubt will happen. 

This competition felt like a complete waste of time for Mowbray, almost as if he played fringe players just for the sake of it, they knew they'd be banished to the bench/u23 team straight after, hence the lacklustre performances.

Feels a bit different this time, JDT is keen for his fringe players to stay match fit and also give them chances to impress him.

Cheap tickets, lovely weather, kids off school and a more positive manager should see a few more fans than previous cup games you'd have thought.

A comfortable 3-0 for me. Dack x 2 and Philips off a corner.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

betting odds on is the quickest way to living in a shop doorway🤕

A workmate of mine was a big odds on better. He backed France to beat Senegal in the opening match of one World Cup. I think France were about 10 to 1 on to win, they were playing at home. He put over £600 on them, a lot of dosh back in the day. Senegal won 1-0. He wasn’t a happy bunny that day.

Anybody who remembers the best Rovers team I ever saw lose 5-1 at home to Workington in this competition would never back us to win in any game.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

It is good to feel like football matters once again to those holding the reins at Ewood.

Can't get to this one myself, as I'm in France for a couple of weeks well earned break. However, I would like to think that the combination of a balmy evening, reasonable ticket prices, the chance of a decent game of football and potentially some end product from the Blue & White side of things might bring a good few walk on fans to the stadium this evening.

Hartlepool will no doubt be charged up for this, so it has 'banana skin' written all over it. It will be interesting to see how JDT sets up for the game, as he will already have clocked the paper thin nature of the senior squad, whilst wanting competitive games to test reinforcements from within the camp.

Whilst I'd love us to come flying out of the traps and score a hatful, I think it might be a closer run thing than Mercer predicts. Am going to go with a nervy at first but settling into a higher quality stride 2-0 to Rovers.

COYB