BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (h) - 14/8/22

9 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Rovers’ good start will have been noted by the rest of the league. Bruce is a good manager and he will have looked at the way we play and adjust his team accordingly.

I’ve a feeling the mini bubble might burst and we’ll lose this one which might not be a bad thing in reducing inflated expectations of this Rovers team. Hope I’m wrong

I personally don't think opposition know what to expect from us yet .

I definitely don't,  3 different games coped with in different ways.  Flexible is going to be the theme this season. 

Same team,  plenty of options off bench and another win 🤞

Edited by slowmo
  • Like 3

• J*B pinned this topic

If we lose but give a good account of ourselves and compete very well then I can take it, will show we are around that level

But if we lose convincingly and never really trouble the baggies then it shows how far away we are from that level 

I'm really hoping our good start isn't a small honeymoon period and we are truly turning a corner.

Hope for a win, heart says 2-1 Baggies

This is a massive game due to the start we’ve had, people will have to take notice and surely helps any recruitment if we get a positive result against the Baggies. 

It’s very early in the new JDT era, but let’s not forget that even Mowbray had us unbeatable for a period last season, imagine what a decent manager and support staff could do!

Everyone in the media loves Bruce, all tipping them him and then to do well this season, I hope we are in that conversation after Sunday. 

Be an interesting barometer of progress under JDT. I do think people are getting a little expectant too early. We have only played 3 competitive matches under JDT - and there is a long way to go.

Interesting nobody complaining about JDT switching formations, tactics etc. And yet TM was tinkerman. I suppose JDT can tinker as long as we win - but that won't go on for ever.

Anyhow, let's hope the bubble isn't burst - would settle for an entertaining draw, with no injuries.

Of course if you win it works, that’s the whole point. TM’s tinkering rarely did, as  for me he didn’t have the tactical nous to pull it off - a prime example being wasting a year trying to play like Swansea are now (i.e without the players to do it) in the lockdown season

No surprises that when he stumbled across a settled personnel and formation last season is when he got results.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Be interested to see the crowd for this. As positive a feeling around the club as there has been in years, top of the league, not on TV, school holidays, not unreasonably high ticket prices. 

Crowds can only go so high with just 8,500 ST holders as you need large numbers of match day buyers turning up every week to take up the slack to turn it into a decent gate - something you obviously don’t need to the same extent if you have 12/13k.

But if on Sunday and onwards we can pull in 4/5k walk ons at £25 -£30 (so not exactly give away prices) then that’s a good base to build on.

Last season we then supplemented that with good numbers of half STs… alas that will be a struggle this time however well we could end up doing when the energy bills start coming through the letterboxes…

Edited by Mattyblue

13 hours ago, R0verb0y said:

I agree with much of what's already written on this thread, with the exception that I have friends of the Newcastle persuasion who'd disagree with jim mk 2!

Given that we can't expect this weather to last much beyond the weekend and, afaik, there are no rail strikes scheduled for Sunday, there could be a big - 15,000+ - crowd. But that the only thing that's predictable is that we won't know till an hour before kick-off exactly what JDT's selection will be. I'm guessing it will broadly on the lines of the eleven who beat Swansea City with, possibly, Dack for Gallagher.

Score on the door? I'm going for a shock, with us only getting a 1-1 draw.

As West Brom are offensively very good I doubt Gallagher will get dropped  JDT will want his athleticism for closing WBA down and covering the wing.

53 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

As West Brom are offensively very good I doubt Gallagher will get dropped  JDT will want his athleticism for closing WBA down and covering the wing.

Exactly my thoughts too. I will be surprised if Gally is dropped as we will need him working hard in defence. 

I get the optimism, amazing start so far but I'm feeling a lot more conservative about this one. A point would be a good result and I do think we'll concede our first of the season. West Brom will be desperate to get their first 3 points and will ask questions of us. I would take a point, hopefully I'm still under estimating our young team and they prove me wrong again. 

1-1 Diaz. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Of course if you win it works, that’s the whole point. TM’s tinkering rarely did, as  for me he didn’t have the tactical nous to pull it off - a prime example being wasting a year trying to play like Swansea are now (i.e without the players to do it) in the lockdown season

No surprises that when he stumbled across a settled personnel and formation last season is when he got results.

Then he started fucking about with things and pissed away any chance of promotion we had. 

The man was a bell end.

• Like 3