BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (h) - 14/8/22

8 hours ago, Jimmy612 said:

You know you've had a strong start to the season when a match thread is dominated by which victory song should be played.  They could play old interviews of Steve Kean over the tannoy as long as we keep winning.

Yesterday - first time I've seen us live as I missed the QPR game.  Ayala or Travis my man of the match, Brereton had a horrid 42mins until his goal, but you can't deny his influence on both of the key moments - fantastic finish and a brilliant assist.

I was concerned about Pickering pre-game knowing Wallace's quality given any space, but I thought he played really well.

Phillips played well, a little bit nervous with his passing but to be expected given his first league start.  Grant can be a handful and he dealt with him superbly. 

Livermore is a wanker, and I'm not convinced he really offers anything.  Would be interested to see WBA fans opinion on him -swear the guy is living on a reputation from his early days at Spurs.

EDIT - A quick search on one of their forums 😂

Picture1.jpg.a1a2b71f0a73bcf89e4aa57b07f0e4c1.jpg

How crucial is Ayala to our success - what a defender he is at this level!

11 minutes..... someone please explain.

Kaminski - 6 - kicking is a bit of an issue. One fantastic save from Grant, otherwise relatively untroubled.  Came flying out for their last corner and got nowhere near.

Brittain - 7 - had a decent first half, that last min interception that I assume was his injury was fantastic.  Think he played the ball in to Gally for our first too?

Phillips - 7 - Maybe an 8 because it was his debut.  Looked to be in control throughout - one or two sloppy passes.  17 years old though, fantastic.

Ayala - 8 or 9 - Just a monster for us.

Pickering - 7 - Stuck to his task well vs Wallace who's hard work.  Allowed one cross which Diangana should have scored from. Fair play to him for stepping in at CB - well done him.

Travis - 8 - Covered every blade, won every tackle.  God forbid he gets injured.

Buckley - 6.5 - Not his best game.  Always neat and tidy but tried one or two Hollywood passes that didn't come off.  Again, going in at RB vs Diangana - well done him for sticking to it!

Gally - 7 - Knew he'd be crucial in this one, if only from a defensive point of view.  Assist for the first and a lovely finish for his goal.  He's frustrating to watch but he certainly has his uses.

Hedges - 7 - Faded a bit second half but you can see there's a player in there somewhere. Some nice touches - I think he'll continue to improve with more game time.

BBD - 7.5 - Horrid for 41mins including a ludicrous dive.  BUT, showed some great moments of game-changing quality.  Fantastic strike of his goal and brilliant, brilliant play for Gally's.

Sammie - 6 - Worked hard, not a lot came off for him.  Does seem to really buzz about and gets stuck in - just not really his day.

Subs - Morton... 6.5 - did anyone else notice he seemed to be getting caught too high up the pitch?  To say he was supposed to be playing next to Travis he was behind the play quite a lot.  You can see he's a good player, but he won't dislodge Buckley or Travis.

Dolan - 6 - Worked tirelessly as always and ALMOST worked himself a goal from sheer persistence.  His work rate is blighted by how terribly slow he is.  And stop back heeling the ball on 94mins when we're under severe pressure.

Dack - 6.5 - I was convinced he was going to score with that shot on the turn.  He has a link with BBD that not many others have - twice those really aggressive passes came in to him on the edge of the box - one a flick that didn't come off, the second a fantastic touch, great turn and a shot that was goal bound.  He's still got great quality for this league - give him time folks.

Edun - 3 - Jesus Wept. How many times did he give the ball away?  I've watched this guy for what.... a year now?  I still don't know what his strengths are OR what position he's actually naturally suited to.  Does my head in.

Feel free to enter these into the *now working* Match Centre 😉

https://www.brfcs.com/magazine/football/match/874695/blackburn-west-brom?tab=voting

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

It wasn't an opinion, it was one of numerous examples of things that affect the matchday experience that by your logic shouldn't be discussed because we only go to watch a football match.

Dismissing people because you consider their opinion to be negative or critical is IMO not conducive to allowing debate to flow on a messageboard.

My personal preference would be to remove Sweet Caroline, ideally with no music to be played at full time, allowing a more natural crowd driven noise if we win.

Yes it was opinion on the minor issue you posted again. 

My own preference would keep Sweet Caroline or bring back Black Eyed Peas Song but I'm not a fan of ACDC music the game or any heavy metal music. But to be honest I'm not over that bothered about what music they played to be perfect honest. 

I believe Lewis Travis our club captain has pick the song we come out to and the song we play if we win. So maybe you could asked him to change it? 

Also I will ask one simple simple question what do you mean by "the Stewards are fair/inadequate? Have you problems with them in the first 2 home games?

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes it was opinion on the minor issue you posted again. 

My own preference would keep Sweet Caroline or bring back Black Eyed Peas Song but I'm not a fan of ACDC music the game or any heavy metal music. But to be honest I'm not over that bothered about what music they played to be perfect honest. 

I believe Lewis Travis our club captain has pick the song we come out to and the song we play if we win. So maybe you could asked him to change it? 

Also I will ask one simple simple question what do you mean by "the Stewards are fair/inadequate? Have you problems with them in the first 2 home games?

Believe it or not, I don't know Lewis Travis.

You clearly haven't understood my posts if you think I was raising issue with stewarding.

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Believe it or not, I don't know Lewis Travis.

You clearly haven't understood my posts if you think I was raising issue with stewarding.

You mention it. 

You could email the club posting your thoughts on the music if you are unhappy about it

• Backroom
4 hours ago, 3rdpillar said:

Nicked for Shef Wed. When they a dodgy band following them around

Didn’t we pinch another from them?

Less a chant but to the tune of Carnaval Du Paris with the scarves twirling 

sure we started it after a visit from them 

Anyway I don’t have a pick for a victory song but can we start playing Johnny Cash’s version of Hurt after a loss 

edit - I’ve long thought ‘Psycho Killer’ has a great hook for a potential chant 

Edited by Tom

19 hours ago, Mike E said:

But it's not OURS, it's the England team's. Otherwise we might as well nick Blue Moon from City before games.

I'd much rather have something that's ours for victories.

Any of Enter Sandman, The Boys are Back in Town, or Simply the Best all get my votes from the classic rock genre. And everyone knows those as well.

That Blue Moon that Citeh nicked off Crewe Alexandra all those years ago!!!