BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (h) - 14/8/22

They play nice football and are one of the better sides imo but I haven’t seen anything to say we will lose this. I’m confident we will give a good account of ourselves and take a hard fought draw. It’s up to the wing backs to keep them quite. Big game for Britain and imparticularly Pickering who needs to prove himself against the better sides

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

I concur with a couple if other posters, JDT's biggest test yet   He us coming up against a very savvy manager who has pitted his wits against so e if the best un the world.  He may have lost a but if the fure in his belly but he still knows his stuff.

JDT wins this and it is on lose and the plot thickens making the game after even more interesting.  I have a gut feel that our new man has enough about hime to get it done   COYB.

This new regime has me genuinely excited about us, been a long time.  Even second in the league last year I had it in the back if me mind we would cock it up.  Right now I just can't get enough of us reading every article I can, watching every video.  Could this be the team to get it done?  Big downer is, if JDT gets us in the prem by playing entertaining footy he will be gone in a flash.  Lovin it right now.

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 3

It’s a tough call on this game. WBA seem a sold side and even without a recognised forward they have a lot of pace and midfielders  who can kill the game and score goals - we saw the effect of Mowatt last season whilst Phillips is also a threat on the pitch. I do see Rovers competing but I don’t see us having a lots of chances - Rovers have to take their chance when it comes. Vital that Hedges keeps his role - I think SS could be pivotal in a close game - 1st goal takes the points 

• Like 2

Can see a similar tactic to the Swansea game. Can't see us having much of the ball. Need BBD and Co to be clinical when they get a chance. Big game for Ayala. Hopefully the heat slows the game down which might help us keep our shape.

I'd take a draw. 1-1.

Edited by benhben

51 minutes ago, benhben said:

Can see a similar tactic to the Swansea game. Can't see us having much of the ball. Need BBD and Co to be clinical when they get a chance. Big game for Ayala. Hopefully the heat slows the game down which might help us keep our shape.

I'd take a draw. 1-1.

I thought similar - but to be fair they've not dominated possession in either of the games they've had so far (admittedly against good teams). I think we'll have more of the ball than we did against Swansea, especially being at home. 

• Like 1

Basically far too early to go off anything at all, so the below is conjecture, but I’ll have a go anyway…

I think Bruce is done at this level and I’m optimistic that JDT’s focus on adaptability and planning will find Bruce wanting. Bruce just feels like a bit of a dinosaur

Part of me expects a cagey opening, with them trying to keep hold of the ball, trying to sow a bit of unrest among the fans. Another part of me expects us to fly out of the traps and hit them early. It’s the fact that either is possible - and difficult to predict - that is encouraging.

If we carry confidence into this and the crowd can help the team along, I see us winning 2/3-0. Bit of misfortune or lapses in concentration and we may struggle to a draw.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Fun fact . Steve Bruce has written three crime novels. I suggest if anyone likes a laugh to find them and give them a read. Unintended comedy gold 😂

They say "Write what you know"

If there is another manager that looks like he should be holding a big burlap sack with a cash symbol on it and a crowbar, I havent seen him. 

ZBTEWZRRTZFNTERTLY7JQWGQDQ.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Back down to earth with this one I think.

Rovers 0 WBA 2

Certainly would have taken 6 points from the first 3 though. Think we desperately need a centre half before Wednesday.

What for, to sit on the bench ?

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

I didn't realise Ayala was injured, oh wait a minute, he isn't. So I don't see the desperation for another center-half signing, by next Wednesday.

Careful, remember when Mowbray thought we were ok for centre backs and let the back up man go because he felt sorry for him.......

Failure to prepare.