BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (h) - 14/8/22

6 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Fun fact . Steve Bruce has written three crime novels. I suggest if anyone likes a laugh to find them and give them a read. Unintended comedy gold 😂

Not sure if you ever listen to Quickly Kevin, but there's some doubt that he actually wrote them. Some whispers that the just put his name to them to get more publicity. I choose to believe the legend though. 

On a similar vein, was there any talk at the time that Matt Jansen laid down a couple of tracks on an album in 2002, alongside Ron Atkinson, Ally McCoist and Frank Sinclair, amongst others. Strange days. 

image.jpeg.c9dfa7aba0d8c97dfc6b314882b20d6b.jpeg

Edited by Admiral Nelsen
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m unusually confident about this. We’re good enough to get a draw. Wallace v Pickering and Swift v Travis crucial areas of the game.

I would say BBD vs Furlong is a crucial area but we got to play on the front foot and play our game with the ball

4 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Back down to earth with this one I think.

Rovers 0 WBA 2

Certainly would have taken 6 points from the first 3 though. Think we desperately need a centre half before Wednesday.

I don't get or understand this sort of mentality tbh. Haven't won their first 2 league games and lack of strikers they have. We have won our 2 league games and played well in both. 

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, Tabula Rasa said:

I don't know if this has been posted already on here but...

There's a double page article on Jon Dahl Tomasson - I refuse to abbreviate - in today's The Times. (Behind paywall.)

Something's happnin, fellas...

Someone sound has copied and pasted it into another thread, if you wanted a butcher’s?

1 minute ago, RoverInverness said:

Apologies if it’s been asked before and already answered - but does anyone know if tomorrow’s match is available on Sky red button (or on telly anywhere else) please?

no,it`s not being televisied by sky,bt or now tv,i suppose you could pick up one of those dodgy streams that we are not allowed to mention on here🙄🙂

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't get or understand this sort of mentality tbh. Haven't won their first 2 league games and lack of strikers they have. We have won our 2 league games and played well in both. 

As you very quickly point out to anyone "it's my opinion".

I don't have to think that Rovers will win every game for the rest of eternity because we have made a great start.

The championship has form for upsetting you when you least expect it, and I expect tomorrow to he one of those days.

2 hours ago, rigger said:

What for, to sit on the bench ?

Absolutely. Be suprised if Ayala makes it through 2 games this week. I'd rather not throw Phillips into a championship game just get as it can be relentless. I'm baffled that folk can't see that we need a centre half as a matter of urgency.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I don't have to think that Rovers will win every game for the rest of eternity because we have made a great start.

The championship has form for upsetting you when you least expect it, and I expect tomorrow to he one of those days.

I know its your opinion. Yes the Championship can be like that granted but given that WBA will play Robinson up front and Grant is injured and Davis decided to join Watford not them. 

Also don't rate Bruce either as manager 

51 minutes ago, Tabula Rasa said:

I don't know if this has been posted already on here but...

There's a double page article on Jon Dahl Tomasson - I refuse to abbreviate - in today's The Times. (Behind paywall.)

Something's happnin, fellas...

Honestly I think it's just the club being open to easy PR (and still having some name recognition despite the last decade) and JDT being an interesting appointment (and apparently quite approachable). 

Borderline world class player during his career, involved with that excellent Danish international side as a coach and obviously won the league twice at Malmo. It's a far better story than say Appleton being appointed at Blackpool. 

2 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Not sure if you ever listen to Quickly Kevin, but there's some doubt that he actually wrote them. Some whispers that the just put his name to them to get more publicity. I choose to believe the legend though. 

On a similar vein, was there any talk at the time that Matt Jansen laid down a couple of tracks on an album in 2002, alongside Ron Atkinson, Ally McCoist and Frank Sinclair, amongst others. Strange days. 

image.jpeg.c9dfa7aba0d8c97dfc6b314882b20d6b.jpeg

I totally don’t remember this! I don’t remember any talk of it on here, but could be mistaken. I surely would have bought it, if I’d known about it 😂 Can’t find it on Apple Music 😔

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would say BBD vs Furlong is a crucial area but we got to play on the front foot and play our game with the ball

Mentality? You sound like Martin Russell. Guy gave his prediction - nothing to do with mentality.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Absolutely. Be suprised if Ayala makes it through 2 games this week. I'd rather not throw Phillips into a championship game just get as it can be relentless. I'm baffled that folk can't see that we need a centre half as a matter of urgency.

I don't think it is that people don't see a need for cover at center-half, it is just the urgency that is being called into question.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RoverInverness said:

Apologies if it’s been asked before and already answered - but does anyone know if tomorrow’s match is available on Sky red button (or on telly anywhere else) please?

Get vpn and all rovers league matches for the season were £140 or £10 pay as you go . Much cheaper than sky plus don't miss a match 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Looking forward to a loud and proud rendition from AC DC pre match, makes it so much better and you cant beat a beat of THUNDERSTRUCK at a very loud level!

They played it at Swansea last Saturday too but the volume didn't match ours.